PDA

View Full Version : Anyone think of a certain movie?

waffletaco
2007-11-02, 01:17 AM
Anyone think of Pirates of the Caribbean 3 from #500? I think it's more like that marriage thing instead of the calm thing you think you see. The boat is like... well all yous ee is the boat. I think when you zoom in, bam, PotC3. Or even better! It's a total red herring and it IS PotC3.

BisectedBrioche
2007-11-02, 01:41 AM
Anyone think of Pirates of the Caribbean 3 from #500? I think it's more like that marriage thing instead of the calm thing you think you see. The boat is like... well all yous ee is the boat. I think when you zoom in, bam, PotC3. Or even better! It's a total red herring and it IS PotC3.

With Durkon making a cameo appearence?

Lord
2007-11-02, 04:04 PM

Are you kidding that movie didn't deserve its title much less a cameo, the scenes with the most potential were ruined by those stupid pirates. Will Turner went from a respectable blacksmith to just another not-so-cool pirate. Jack Sparrow didn't come in until halfway through and didn't get nearly enough lines.

But worst of all.... THEY KILLED NORINGTON!!!!

"huff huff" Okay maybe that was a wee bit off topic.

Deathwisher
2007-11-02, 04:14 PM
Are you kidding that movie didn't deserve its title much less a cameo, the scenes with the most potential were ruined by those stupid pirates. Will Turner went from a respectable blacksmith to just another not-so-cool pirate. Jack Sparrow didn't come in until halfway through and didn't get nearly enough lines.

But worst of all.... THEY KILLED NORINGTON!!!!

"huff huff" Okay maybe that was a wee bit off topic.

Perhaps, but thoroughly deserved. The comparison is an insult to OOTS!

Alfryd
2007-11-02, 04:30 PM
If the basic premise of the thread has to be spoilered, insert SPOILER in the topic title and save those reading some unnecesary clicking.

Will Turner went from a respectable blacksmith to just another not-so-cool pirate.
Actually, he winds up as a shepherd of the dead, fulfilling the obligation which Davy Jones had abandoned, which seems an honourable calling. He only took up piracy temporarily.
Elizabeth, on the other hand, seems to be on much shakier ethical ground when she sticks around as Pirate Queen. Freedom and indpendance are fine things, except when sustained through theft, rape, and murder.

Jack Sparrow is Chaotic Evil, folks.

waffletaco
2007-11-02, 05:33 PM
Uhhh that was all sorta off topic. No one thought about that marriage scene?

Lord
2007-11-02, 05:44 PM
If the basic premise of the thread has to be spoilered, insert SPOILER in the topic title and save those reading some unnecesary clicking.

Actually, he winds up as a shepherd of the dead, fulfilling the obligation which Davy Jones had abandoned, which seems an honourable calling. He only took up piracy temporarily.
Elizabeth, on the other hand, seems to be on much shakier ethical ground when she sticks around as Pirate Queen. Freedom and indpendance are fine things, except when sustained through theft, rape, and murder.

Jack Sparrow is Chaotic Evil, folks.

Yes but if you think about it the only character who wasn't completely motivated by selfishness/greed/one other person, while the rest of the world be damned was Norrington, and he got killed off in a way no major character deserves. Killed by some stupid pointless character they could have done without. Heck it didn't even make sense, why couldn't he just shoot the rope while climbing to the ship.

Alas the tragety of third-in-trilogy movies.

Lord
2007-11-02, 05:47 PM

I thought of it but I just think if the Giant were to make a cameo, the movie really wouldn't deserve it.

factotum
2007-11-02, 06:04 PM

Not for even half a second. Pirates 3 is not the first movie where somebody gets married on a ship, after all, and I doubt it'll be the last.

Alfryd
2007-11-07, 11:17 PM
I did, actually. Aren't we talking about the movie?

Yes but if you think about it the only character who wasn't completely motivated by selfishness/greed/one other person, while the rest of the world be damned was Norrington...
Kinda. He did sort of sell out Will Turner for the chance to buy his way back into a commision with the Heart.

Killed by some stupid pointless character they could have done without.
Boostrap Bill? The estranged father of one of the key characters, pointless? The death scene did seem a tad contrived, but that's not quite fair.

Frankly, RotK pissed me off a whole, big steaming pile more.

Spiky
2007-11-08, 12:13 AM

Ooh, I haven't seen all the Pirates movies yet. Who was Elizabeth raping?

The Extinguisher
2007-11-08, 01:15 AM
The British Navy.

They're pirates. They don't have jolly good times with tea and crumpets.

Lord_Butters_I
2007-11-08, 06:01 PM
That doesn't seem like that scene at all.