PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Alicorn as Sorcereor subclass- my expansion to Digodragon's 5e mlp

igordragonian
2020-09-28, 06:32 PM
https://pm1.narvii.com/6214/db12e63a872fa540203d64096bfac6b8b8a77e4f_hq.jpg

Edit- this is the updated source
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1O1Tbgtc66NKq7bgAsYCL5XN9xjQI-hMDJheBuzuqfiY/edit?usp=sharing

Disclaimer this subclass supposed to interact with the pony races digodragon has created for 5e: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?435720-My-Little-Pony-Races-for-D-amp-D-5e
I think this subclass is NOT suited for a normal campigan.
----

Why? Because I want to. And also you. Shut up. I am not cringe, you are!
More seriously, I think many, maybe all MLP fans who roleplay want sometimes to play an alicorn.
I am trying to make this option playable, but still keep the "oomf' that you should feel when you are playing one.

What I try to accomplish- I want to make very dip friendly, especialy up to level 6.
If you want to play a fighter alicorn, then you can take one level, and you still get the basic package.
Level 6's ability is supposed to sync with other classes, ideally,if my brain was bigger I would give sync option witb every other class.

The high levels ability are supposed to make give the royal aura.
So, please review and point at the essential flaws.
I am aware it is probably quite a wierd thing to do.
With this out of the way-

Alicorn as Subclass of Sorcereor

)must be Earth Pony, Pegasus or unicorn)
)this subclass is designed with Digodragon's pony 5e races in mind)

Either ascended by a legendary action of merit and virtue , either simply born as such or even as a result of some dark ritual has happened-
Somehow you are an alicorn.

It's not a little thing, to be the paragon of ponykind. Some will view you as a diety, or at least a demigod. Or if you are naughty, a demon of sort.
You are the mix of all three tribes, symbol of perfection, and on your way to be a princess(or prince) of an important aspect of existence.
This might be a mystery, but at the endgame of things, or in the middle or even thr begining of your journey, there has to a domain/aspect to rule.
Even if the character still figure it out, it better to discuss it with the GM, so he could write the campigan fittingly.

Alicorns don't have their own community- they are so few, that at cannon the alicorn could be counted with the hooves every pony has.

It assumed there are four types of domains-
Cosmic- which control cosmic aspects, like destiny, Time and etc.

Celestial, which control astronomical aspects which also represent more metaphysical ideas.

Emotional- In Equestria, Friendship and love are as tangible as the energy of the sun, or even more. It seemed those are the domains whuch actually gave the ponies edge against endless of grand challenges and dangers.

Terrasrial- Though,it isn't shown in cannon, I assume there have been or will be alicorns who are in charge of domains like the sea, Forest, Animals and etc.

Also, any domain will have a dark side. Power is power. Wether it goodor evil it is up to you. Or is it? Maybe you are even more enslaved to destiny then anypony else?

----

Being an Alicorn give you those benefits and aspects-
At level 1:
Ponykind Paragon

If your base race is an Earth pony you gain- the Wings racial aspect of the pegasus and the magical horn of the unicorn.

If your base race is unicorn you gain Wings, and improve two stats of your choice by 1

If your base race is Pegasus, then you gain magical horn and improve two stats of your choice by 1.
Also when you have the option to raise your stats/pick a feat, you can instead take another racial aspect, which isn't directly connected to the stats.

Expanded Spell list:

You can pick from those spells to your known spells.
https://mfov.magehandpress.com/2016/01/chronomancy-spells.html?m=1

Royal Role
At level 6:

Every alicorn can be what ever she want.
But she still need to invest in SOMETHING.

Pick one of those following roles-

The Realm Protector

You gain proficency with light and medium armor. Pick a proficency in one specific martial weapon. You can use attack as offhand weapon after using a cantrip.

Master Of Wishper

You ignore the vocal requirment of spells.
Pick proficency in stealth, Insight or deception. Additonaly you are gain proficency in thief tool kit, or forgery kit.
You always have invisibilty spell prepared. This spell count outside of the spell slots. After the usage, it renewed after a short rest.
You can also renew the invisibility spell by spending 1 sorcery point.

Priestess

You can use your level spell slot to cast a spell from this list additionaly of your sorcereor spells.
You also may spend 1 sorcery point to cast one of those spells outside of the spell slots.

For good alicorns:
Cure wounds
Bless
Protection From Evil

Evil:
Inflict Wounds
Bane
Protection from good

Neutral:
Choose 3 from the above 6 .

Crowd pleaser

Add guidance to your cantrip list.
Targets of your charm spells aren't aware they have been charmed, unless they have reason to suspect that.
You can cast charm spells as bonus action.
When you cast charm person it use the mechanics of the sleep spell.

The Accuser

You gain the rage ability like barbarians do, with the diffrence, that the damage can be added to your spells.
You can rage once a day. This Accusation ability do stack with rage from other classes.

Master Of All Magic

You gain another sorcery point.

You can add to your known spell list additonal spell for each level, from Wizard, Artificer, Warlock, and Druid spells lists. Or from here. https://mfov.magehandpress.com/2016/01/chronomancy-spells.html?m=1
It include one additonal cantrip.

Manipulator

If you didn't had it before, now you have the minor illusion cantrip.
You can use illusion spells that do not cause damage, as bonus action.
Quite often manipulator alicorns are evil.

----

Canterlot Royal Voice /B]

At level 14, you are growing one size larger.
Also, by spending 5 sorcery points, you release voice of royal authority, forcing all sentient beings who can hear you-(wether they understand or not) be in awe and bend the knee(and by that considered knocked prone.)
To resist it, they will need to roll Charisma saving throw in disavantage.
At failure they are knocked prone, as long you keep conceration on the aura, or you cancel it, or they are attacked.

[B]Vassals Of The Princess

At level 18, you are near diety being: You can grant magic to a creature, willingly or not.
By paying 2 sorcery giving one time use spell, that you know to your target who need to be in sight.

Now the creature has the ability to cast this spell,but using her own charisma modifier for saving through and etc.