PDA

View Full Version : Building greyhawk to epic levels

Vossler
2020-09-29, 10:44 PM
So working on a greyhawk epic campaign need some help building up the name sakes of the world to epic level.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2020-09-29, 11:37 PM
You need to provide more details. What level exactly? 21? 30? 50? 100? Over nine thousand?!

Are you looking for ECL or CR for these opponents? Keep in mind that a Wizard is likely going to be significantly more challenging than an equal-level Fighter.

There are a lot of Greyhawk characters (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Greyhawk_characters), are there any specific individuals you'd like to prioritize?

DarkSoul
2020-09-30, 10:20 AM
Start with a copy of the Epic Level Handbook. Mordenkainen and Rary (I think. Maybe it's Robilar?) are given epic level stat blocks. If you need them higher level that will at least give you a starting point.

Thurbane
2020-09-30, 05:25 PM
The Living Greyhawk Gazetteers has very basic stats for a lot of the notable NPCs (race, sex, alignment and class levels): I think they all cap out at 20, but you could use that as a base to advance them to epic.

hamishspence
2020-10-01, 08:42 AM
Start with a copy of the Epic Level Handbook. Mordenkainen and Rary (I think. Maybe it's Robilar?) are given epic level stat blocks.

It's Robilar.

The Cat Lord also has a statblock, as does Eclavdra, a drow priestess.