PDA

View Full Version : What senses do you use when wearing a Blindfold Of True Darkness?

eyebreaker7
2020-09-30, 04:29 AM
Blindfold Of True Darkness (MIC 75)

"When you wear this blindfold, you gain the blindsight ability out to 30 feet. "

"I]blindsight,[/I] the extraordinary ability to use a nonvisual sense (or a combination of such senses) to operate effectively without vision. Such sense may include sensitivity to vibrations, acute scent, keen hearing, or echolocation. This ability makes invisibility and concealment (even magical darkness) irrelevant to the creature."

"Deafening attacks thwart blindsight if it relies on hearing."

How would a Blindfold Of True Darkness work? What senses would be used?

Venger
2020-09-30, 05:21 AM
That's fluff text, so you don't need to worry about it. You can assume your guy is using a combination of his other 4 senses while using a blindfold of true darkness so unlike say a yrthak who navigates explicitly by sound and would be blinded by deafness, you are under no such restriction.

Asmotherion
2020-09-30, 07:27 AM
Since it's unspecified, I'm going ahaid and assuming it implies a 6th sence of "withing the target radius, you can perceive everything as a 3D model in your head. Probably without distinction of colours.

The Deafening attack is more targeted to stuff such as bats who specifically have their blindsence function based on eccolocation.