PDA

View Full Version : Still at sea?

Fussy
2007-11-02, 09:01 AM
So... Durkon and co. are still at sea after 4 months?

I doubt it, seeing as

- I doubt they had enough supplies
- that assassin guy would definitely have tried something by now, and as it seems it's going to be a recurring villain it won't have been killed off in 4 months. If they have been at sea for 4 months, it means that no assassination attempt has been made - which seems unlikely. If an attempt had been made, I would not expect the sort of peaceful situation where a marriage could be conducted to be present.

So the fleet of ships has probably landed, dealt with the assassin (for now...can you say 'recurring villain'? No Belkar to ruin it this time), which in itself will be a whole new subplot, and gathered new supplies to get the fleet back together and head back to AC to rescue (and rezz) roy, hayley and belkar.

Will they have discovered wonderful new lands while searching for somewhere to temporarily dock? Possibly. Could these lands include the jungles the MiTD came from? Hopefully.

A simple explanation for why Roy hasn't been rezzed, why they're still in boats, and why (despite having assassins aboard the fleet when we last saw it) the situation is peaceful enough to conduct a marriage.

Where do you think the fleet has been in the last 4 months?

Surfing HalfOrc
2007-11-02, 09:18 AM
The Fleet has been in Flashback Land.

Starting with strip 501 (Or 502 if Rich decided to offer another "Intermission") we should start to see what all happened.

I'm really hoping Elan was wrong about being separated for a long period, but his Bardic Knowledge is actually quite high. I think we're entering "Lord of the Rings" Territory.

This "Light and Frothy" webcomic has some real depth to it. :smallamused:

Tempest Fennac
2007-11-02, 09:34 AM
If a large amount of Clerics survived, they could use Create Food and Water ( http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Create_food_and_water ) to feed a few people, but there proabably aren't that many Clerics. A 13th Level Wizad who could use Conjuration spells could cast Mage's Magnificent Mansion ( http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Mage%27s_magnificent_mansion ) in order to feed more people (this spell could also be used to allow any surviving soldiers to train civilians due to how the caster can decide what sort of lay-out, and possibly furnishings, the mansion has). Also, while I thought the marriage was happening in the present rather then in a flashback, there is a possibility that the assasin and the Lord's other allies won't be recurring villans.

Fussy
2007-11-02, 09:43 AM
I agree, the fleet (with the marriage) is in the present.

And I would've thought that the mysterious-voiced stranger (with the strange speech bubble) is going to be a recurring villain, as only high-ranking evil characters tend to be allowed to colour in their words. A hrec is not going to be introduced and then killed off in 4 game months... I think. I'm probably wrong, though.

BobTheDog
2007-11-02, 09:52 AM
I think the explanation is rather obvious:

Eugene is tricking Roy. He IS an illusionist, and he DID insist on not having Roy scry with anybody else.

Fussy
2007-11-02, 09:53 AM
I think the explanation is rather obvious:

Eugene is tricking Roy. He IS an illusionist, and he DID insist on not having Roy scry with anybody else.

Then why not have an illusion of the whole OOTS dying? On a side note, there is another thread devoted to this discussion

sihnfahl
2007-11-02, 10:04 AM
<snip comments about Create Food and Water and Magnificent Mansion>

If we take the guard's word to Hinjo - 'that will be thousands. Tens of thousands. Maybe more' to heart - you'd need enough clerics level 5 and above to supply ... let's call it 30k people at a minimum (AC had 9k soldiers to play with, and you have a 1:3 soldier:citizen ratio).

Durkon, at level 13, could presumably cast it 7 or 8 times a day?

13 * 3 * 8 = 312 people a day.

We know AC had about 50 clerics level 4 or above (let's assume all level 6 and capable of casting 4 times a day)...

50 * 3 * 6 * 4 = Another 3600 people a day.

Okay, so you got 3912 people fed.

Magnificent mansion = let's assume level 13, capable of casting it 6 times a day...

13 * 12 * 6 = Another 936 fed.

4848 people fed out of 30k each day. Well, at least it's a START....

Fussy
2007-11-02, 10:09 AM
All hail maths!