PDA

View Full Version : Optimization Creatures that are effectively Equipment?

Jowgen
2020-10-02, 08:30 PM
So the Fiend Folio and Eberron symbionts aside, what creatures can you think of that effectively serve as equpment?

I am talking things like the having a Slaymate riding shotgun in your necromancer's backpack.

The purpose is I am trying to make a collection of things that could conveniently be born/bred on a plane of choice and then kept on one's person for the purpose of accessing useful magic traits via planar bubble.

Thurbane
2020-10-02, 09:58 PM
There might be some crossover with creatures mentioned in this thread: [3.5, PF or Homebrew] Creatures that are or can turn into items or equipment? (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?617653)

Jowgen
2020-10-03, 09:21 AM
That's great, I'm sure I can find something in there, thanks Thursbane :smallsmile:

daremetoidareyo
2020-10-03, 10:44 AM
Beetle buckler! Aeg I think

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-10-03, 10:50 AM
Psicrystals have tons of uses, including telepathic communication up to 1 mile (as a universal translator, to boot), use as an orbital bombardment platform, and the ability to help keep watch at night without worrying about fatigue. This usefulness increases exponentially if you choose good feats for it as it levels (such as Leadership, Draconic Aura: Vigor, Darkstalker, Mindsight, Life Sense, Ancestral Relic, Landlord, and so on). It also gains all of your ranks in skills, so it's a constant source of Aid Another bonuses, and it has a Medium BAB instead of a Poor one, and it can take construct forms (which are great for immunities and HULK SMASH levels of Strength, not to mention the stupid amounts of utility), so it's a good candidate for metamorphosis.