PDA

View Full Version : DrK Way of Wicked Take 2 OOC

Pages : [1] 2

DrK
2020-10-03, 01:54 AM
https://i.imgur.com/WIZSGHA.png

What is Talingarde?
Talingarde is the most virtuous, peaceful, noble nation in the world today. This land is ruled by King Markadian V, called the Brave, of House Darius. He has only one heir – the beautiful princess Bellinda. This benevolent monarchy is heavily intertwined with the Church of Mitra, the Shining Lord. You are from Talingarde. This is your home. You have lived here your entire life. And if they gave you half a chance, you would have your revenge on all of them.

Who is Mitra?
Mitra, the so-called Shining Lord, is the god of the sun, bravery, honor, justice, charity and other such pusillanimous rubbish. Te Church of Mitra is the preeminent religion of Talingarde these days. The Knights of the Alerion, the elite warriors of Talingarde, are a Mitran order. The monks of St. Macarius, who travel the land healing the sick and the helping the needy, are also a Mitran order. The House of Darius, the royal family of Talingarde, are devout followers of Mitra.

It wasn’t always this way. Before the Darians took over, Talingarde worshipped an entire pantheon of deities. Preeminent among those deities was Asmodeus, Prince of Hell, Lord of Ambition and Order. Now it is forbidden to worship Asmodeus. To do so is to be condemned. The Mitrans destroyed all the Asmodean temples and burned his books and priests. There are no followers of Asmodeus anymore in Talingarde – at least none you know of. Devout Mitrans will not say the name Asmodeus. He is simply “The Fallen” or “The Enemy”.

On Talingarde
https://i.imgur.com/IeSJYg3.jpg

-----------------------------

Guilty. You are a lawbreaker – the worst of the worst. Too dangerous to live amongst the good people of Talingarde, they dragged you in chains before a magistrate and condemned you. They sent you to the worst prison in the land and there they forever marked you. They held you down and branded you with a runic F. You are forsaken. You won’t be at Branderscar Prison for long. Branderscar is only a holding pen. In three days – justice comes. In three days – everything ends.

What a pity. If only there was a way out of this stinking rat-hole. If only there was a way to escape. If only…

No. No one has ever escaped from Branderscar Prison. This is where your story ends

Except.... You escape. A mysterious woman named Tiadora who seemed more than she appeared gave you a veil of magical items. The Master at Arms of Sgt Blackerly was a drunk and incompetent and his corruption and laxity allowed you to escape. Now the prison lies gutted, Richter, the warden dead in his study and the guards slaughtered as they played guards. You are alone on the wide marshes by the Prison but Tiadora told you of a safe house, a manor 3 days across the marshes......

A brief 16

Stats
Choose either rolled or point buy. If you gamble on the roll and you really don't like it you can take a slightly reduced point buy.1/ Point Buy: 25 points (no stat lower than 10 pre-racial characteristics)2/ Foils and Foibles: Choose an 18, choose an 8. Roll for the rest in order[/roll] with 1d10+7(back up of 22 point buy if you hate your dice rolls)

Level 2

Races
Talingrade is primarily a human realm with some of the "good" no humans (Elf, Dwarf, halfling, half elf). Orcs are outcasts and unusual races are also correspondingly rare. Please where possible stick to the core races. If you need to go to unusual races there will be RP implications but also I won't select a party of all odd races.

Classes
Core, Advanced Players Guide and Hybrid classes (so the kind of standard "core" list).Variants like samurai, ninja, antipaladin are fine. Note: By default there are few guns on Talingrade so there won't be a lot of gun related loot. But if a few players were interested in gunslingers or
blackpowder inquisitors etc.. This could be changed for both players and NPCs (but still no advanced firearms

Character buildingAll PCs get +2 skill points per levelBackground skills are in effect (Enjoy even the lowly sorcerer having lots of skill points)All PCs receive a Bonus feat at 1st Level

Traits: One trait and choose a "Crime" that you were [u]guilty of.....

Arson
You have willfully started a fire that destroyed property. To be sent to Branderscar, you didn’t start just a minor little trash fre. Your act of arson threatened a major town, city, church or castle and likely cost someone their life. You’ll be punished for your crime by facing the fire yourself.
Punishment: Death by burning
Benefit: Whenever you score a critical hit with a fire attack, you receive a +2 fire damage bonus to your damage roll. This bonus is a trait bonus.

Attempted Murder
You tried to kill someone and botched the job. To be sent to Branderscar Prison, you did not try to kill just anyone. You likely assaulted someone of great importance and prominence.
Punishment: Death by beheading
Benefit: You gain a +2 trait bonus to Intimidate checks, and Intimidate is always a class skill for you.

Blasphemy
Either you have defamed the great god Mitra or you have been found guilty of worshipping one of the forbidden deities (who preeminent among them is Asmodeus).
Benefit: +2 trait bonus to Knowledge (religion) and Knowledge (religion) is always a class skill for you.

Consorting with the Dark Powers (Witchcraft)
You have been found guilty of summoning an evil outsider. Likely you were captured by the famed witch hunter Sir Balin of Karfeld. The last thing he said to you was, “May Mitra have mercy upon your wretched, damned soul.” If only you could get a chance at revenge!
Benefit: You receive a +1 trait bonus to Knowledge (planes) and Knowledge (arcana) checks, and one of these skills (your choice) is always a class skill for you.

Desecration
You have violated one of the churches, cathedrals or holy shrines of the great god Mitra. To be sent to Branderscar this was no minor act of vandalism. Instead you have done something flagrant and spectacular to dishonor the Shining Lord.
Benefit: You receive +1 trait bonus on all saving throws against divine spells.

Desertion
You have deserted from the Talirean military and been recaptured. To get sent to Branderscar this was not some minor or routine dereliction of duty. Instead, you abandoned your post during a time of crisis -- perhaps battle or while defending the Watch Wall. Regardless of the exact circumstances, your laziness and cowardness must have caused loss of life.
Punishment: Death by hanging
Benefit: You receive one bonus skill point per level that must be spent on the Profession (Soldier) skill. Profession (Soldier) is always a class skill for you.

Dueling unto Death
You have engaged in a duel to the death and mortally wounded an opponent. The opponent was honorable enough to say nothing before he expired. Alas that his family or companions was nowhere near so honorable. Dueling was once common in Talingarde before the House of Darius came to power. The House of Barca all but encouraged duels of honor. Now, dueling of any sort is punished severely. Dueling to the death is a sure way to be sent to Branderscar Prison.
Benefit: You gain a +1 trait bonus to Fortitude saves

Extortion
You have defrauded money from someone by holding information of their wrongdoing over their heads. To end up in Branderscar, this was no minor act of merely threatening to expose someone. Instead you have attempted extortion against someone of great prominence and for exorbitant stakes.
Punishment: Life at hard labor in the salt mines
Benefit: You receive a +2 trait bonus to Intimidate checks, and Intimidate is always a class skill for you.

Forgery
You have forged documents issued either by the crown or by the Church of Mitra. Alas, that your forgery while competent was not entirely undetectable. To be sent to Branderscar, this was no minor finagling of paperwork. This forged document could have cost lives, undermined the reputation of the Church or endangered the security of the realm.
Benefit: You gain a +3 trait bonus to Linguistics skill checks to commit forgery and Linguistics is always a class skill for you.

Fraud
You tried to bilk someone out of their cash. To end up in Brandescar Prison, this was no petty con job or penny ante racket. Instead, you brazenly tried to defraud someone important of a huge sum of money. And it almost worked too!
Benefit: You receive a +2 trait bonus to Bluff checks and Bluff is always a class kill for you.

Grave Robbery
It is forbidden by sacred law to dishonor a corpse after it is been sealed in its tomb by a clergy of the Mitran faith. Some may not honor this ban: necromancers, golem crafers, self-styled scientists, and alchemists delving into the forbidden secrets of life and death. These ghouls can expect no mercy from the Talirean Magistrates. And by sending you to Branderscar Prison, you have received none.
Benefit: You receive a +1 trait bonus to confirm critical hits

Heresy
You have denied the supremacy of Mitra and been condemned for it. For this to be a crime, you were not content to keep your heresy to yourself. You tried to sway others. Likely you were captured by the famed witch hunter Sir Balin of Karfeld. The last thing he said to you
was: “Mitra may forgive you yet for your lies. Talingarde will not.” If only you could get a chance at revenge!
Punishment: Death by burning.
Benefit: You receive a +1 trait bonus on all saving throws against divine spells.

High Theft
You had a foolproof plan to steal some great treasure. Alas, the scheme had a fatal flaw and went horribly awry. To be sent to Branderscar prison, this was no ordinary robbery attempt. You tried to steal something of great value or religious significance.
Benefit: You receive a +1 trait bonus to Reflex saves.

High Treason
You have willfully worked to bring down the current Monarch of Talingarde -- the beloved King Markadian V called the Brave of House Darius. To be successfully tried for High Treason you have done more than merely dislike the king, you did something tangible to undermine his rule. Alas, that you failed at your plot and are now headed to Branderscar Prison. Treason is the only crime that is still punished by the gruesome ritual of being drawn and quartered. Your stay at Branderscar will be brief.
Punishment: Death by drawing and quartering
Benefit: You receive a +1 trait bonus to Will saves.

Kidnapping
You have abducted someone perhaps to ransom them or do unspeakable things to them. Unfortunately, you were caught and your victim was rescued (if they weren’t rescued -- you would be guilty of murder instead). To be sent to Branderscar Prison, you must have abducted someone of great importance or in a particularly gruesome manner.
Benefit: You receive a +1 trait bonus to both Disarm and Grapple attempts.

Murder
You have killed without just cause and been condemned for it. To be sent to Branderscar Prison, this was no typical killing but a particularly savage and unforgivable act. You may also have killed someone with powerful friends.
Note: You are not allowed to have killed someone in the royal family of Talingarde. You may have tried (his would instead be High Treason -- see above) but ultimately they are too well protected.
Benefit: You deal 1 additional point of damage when flanking a foe. This additional damage is a trait bonus.

Piracy
You have been caught in the act of piracy on the high seas. This is a rare crime these days since Markadian I, called the Victorious, burned the last major pirate fleet to threaten these isles. Still the crime is punished harshly. Likely you are the sole survivor of your ship.
Punishment: Death by hanging
Benefit: You may select either Bluff or Intimidate. The selected skill receives a +2 trait bonus and is always a class skill for you.

Sedition
You have attempted to covertly stir up rebellion against your rightful sovereign. This differs from high treason in that you attempted to convince others to make war against Talingarde instead of taking direct action yourself. A subtle difference to be sure. But it is the difference between receiving the swift justice of the axe instead of the slow suffering upon the rack.
Benefit: You receive a +1 trait bonus to Bluff checks and Bluff is always a class skill for you. Further if you ever take the Leadership feat, you gain a +1 trait bonus to your Leadership score.

Slave-Taking
Slavery is illegal in Talingarde and a very rare crime. Still, once in a great while, slavers from the mainland will foolishly make an incursion into Talirean protected territories. When they are captured alive they are always made an example of.
Benefit: You receive a +1 trait bonus to both Disarm and Grapple attempts.

Slave Trading
Slavery is legal in other parts of the world and it can be tempting to the most decadent of Talingarde’s nobility to acquire a “souvenir” when traveling abroad or to purchase the object of their desire from a less reputable merchant. However you ended up trading slaves in Talingarde, you were caught red handed and now you will lose more than simply your freedom.
Benefit: You receive one bonus skill point per level that must be spent on the Appraise

Character
Player
Race/Class

Sarris Blackthorne (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2304589)
Bansheexero
Human Samurai

Oghash (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2304853)
DarkOne7141981
Half Orc Bloodrager

Ahkmathi Sek (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2306023)
Starbin
Elven Wizard (Conjurist)

Salem Whitlock (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2306770)
Athaleon
Human Warpriest

Stvari Inhibiraj (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2386045)
Farmerbink
Dwarf Monk

The lost and the fallen

Rhunafel Vesharm (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2304605)
Irolltwenties
Human Oracle

Adrius (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2305424)
3SecondCultist
Half Elf Skald

IC thread (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?619883-DrK-Way-of-Wicked-Take-2-IC)

DrK
2020-10-03, 02:05 AM
Greetings all....

In your first IC post (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?619883-DrK-Way-of-Wicked-Take-2-IC) please do some introductions and choose between staying near the road or cutting across the amrsh

Also a question.... When you were escaping you would have met and Ogre called grumblejack in the prison. DId you keep him or leave him? Once the party has voted I can edit the IC to have his inclusion / exclusion

3SecondCultist
2020-10-03, 06:46 AM
Hello all! This is just a post to subscribe to the thread and say how excited I am to be playing in this game with you all. I plan to be your melee support character, granting Str and Con bonuses, rage powers, eventually a rogue talent, and some hardcore DR and Fast Healing to every frontliner as we increase in level. I’m glad to see that we have a party that will make good use of Adrius’ talents. He will be speaking in Sienna Brown.

@Bansheexero: Since both of us selected High Treason, what would you say to linking up Sarris and Adrius’ backstories? Looking at both, I don’t think it would be a stretch to have Sarris be a mercenary contacted by the conspiracy led by Adrius’ (presumed dead) sister Cressida to attack King Markadian V’s hunting party. Maybe Sarris didn’t know the full details of the job before it was too late? Obviously the attack failed, and the two survivors would have been sent to Branderscar together.

Edit: I would vote for keeping Grumblejack for sure. An extra bit of muscle never hurt, and he might be useful later on!

Bansheexero
2020-10-03, 10:23 AM
Sarris will speak in dark red. He focused mainly on weaponplay in contrast to other knights, so while many have horses and ride often, Sarris takes the route of a legionnaire (Sword Saint gives up their Mount and several associated abilities). Because of that, e will stick to the road. Regarding Grumble back, unless he challenged Sarris, he would most likely choose to stay with him, if only to kill him later once he regains some of his strength for the sake of the challenge.

Hello all! This is just a post to subscribe to the thread and say how excited I am to be playing in this game with you all. I plan to be your melee support character, granting Str and Con bonuses, rage powers, eventually a rogue talent, and some hardcore DR and Fast Healing to every frontliner as we increase in level. I’m glad to see that we have a party that will make good use of Adrius’ talents. He will be speaking in Sienna Brown.

@Bansheexero: Since both of us selected High Treason, what would you say to linking up Sarris and Adrius’ backstories? Looking at both, I don’t think it would be a stretch to have Sarris be a mercenary contacted by the conspiracy led by Adrius’ (presumed dead) sister Cressida to attack King Markadian V’s hunting party. Maybe Sarris didn’t know the full details of the job before it was too late? Obviously the attack failed, and the two survivors would have been sent to Branderscar together.

Edit: I would vote for keeping Grumblejack for sure. An extra bit of muscle never hurt, and he might be useful later on!

Sure, that works well for me. Good to know I have a powerful melee buffer to help me along.

@DrK - I am curious how Raging Song will affect my character's abilities. Thematically, it seems to fit rather well with Glorious Challenge, but will it switch off Iaijutsu Strike, since it is a focused attack (while not going the Deadly Stroke path (that's the Order of the Cockatrice build), I suspect however Raging Song affects that, it would be similar to Iaijutsu Strike)).

Also, a note on Foolhardy Rush, the wording states that the die itself has to be an 11 or higher to activate, so the chance of it triggering will be completely unaffected by bonuses or penalties, as it is a flat 50%. If anybody has a reroll ability that allows me to affect my Initiative check, that would be the only real way to alter the odds.

DarkOne-Rob
2020-10-03, 10:39 AM
In an effort to not influence things with my prior knowledge of the game, I won't make many (significant) votes. I don't remember the choice of road or not, so I would probably vote to get off the road and use Survival to get to the safehouse.

Grumblejack was a fun addition in the game I played, so I would have him around if given the choice.

Oghash will speak in Green to represent her orcish heritage.

3SecondCultist
2020-10-03, 10:47 AM
@Bansheexero: Great! Glad to see that you are onboard with this. I hope that the DM rules in your favour for Raging Song with Iaijutsu Strike, since it isn’t a spell or fall under the umbrella or ‘would be turned off in a rage’ umbrella. If other Cavalier challenge abilities should work, I can’t imagine IS failing.

Oh, and I was looking at your sheet: how does your character get a Masterwork Breastplate and Bastard Sword? I was under the impression that we were only allowed specific gear at game start due to escaping Branderscar.

(If that’s not the case, I will be picking up a greatsword and some better armor for Adrius myself :smalltongue:)

DrK
2020-10-03, 11:19 AM
Oh, and I was looking at your sheet: how does your character get a Masterwork Breastplate and Bastard Sword? I was under the impression that we were only allowed specific gear at game start due to escaping Branderscar.

(If that’s not the case, I will be picking up a greatsword and some better armor for Adrius myself :smalltongue:)

Yes, you are right. he should in fact not have the Mwk weapons currnetly. Everyone only has access to the prison stuff

I'll look at skald vs sword saint stuff later when my kids are sleeping and less feral

Bansheexero
2020-10-03, 11:47 AM
Yes, you are right. he should in fact not have the Mwk weapons currnetly. Everyone only has access to the prison stuff

I'll look at skald vs sword saint stuff later when my kids are sleeping and less feral

Ah, ok, I did not realize, will adjust sheet then.

Edit - Done and done, gold, attack bonus, and armor check Penalty recalculated

Athaleon
2020-10-03, 03:04 PM
Glad to have made the cut. Salem will use Blue for speech. Will post IC after work.

He will be providing ranged damage with a side of divine casting, and can even function as a pseudo-Ranger with his skillset.

Starbin
2020-10-03, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the opportunity - looking forward to another try at this game.
Ahkmathi Sek (https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=2306023) will speak in this color

I vote keeping Grumblejack - Ahkmathi would definitely want him as a spoil to our other martial members :smallbiggrin:

Fluff and image below
Level 2, Init +3 HP 14, Speed 30ft
AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 10
Fort +1, Ref +3, Will +3; BAB +1
Abilities Str 10 Dex 16 Con 11 Int 20 Wis 10 Cha 10
Racial Abilities +2 Dex/Int, -2 Con; Low-light vision (2x human in dim light); Immune to magical sleep; +2 save vs enchantments; +2 CL vs SR; +2 Spellcraft (ID magic items); +2 Perception; +2 defensive casting checks
Feats Breadth of Experience (+2 KS/PS checks, make KS untrained)
Class abilities Spells (3 0 lvl, 3+1 1st); Arcane School: Conjuration [Teleportation] (OS Enchantment/Necromancy); Shift (5' DD ability, Swift action, 8/day); Summoner's Charm (Summoned creatures last 1 extra round); Scribe Scroll; Arcane Focus: Familiar
0: All
1: mage armor, grease, obscuring mist, protection from good, enlarge person, shield, color spray, silent image
Skills KS: Arcana (1) +12; KS: Planes (1) +12; KS: Dungeoneering (1) +12;
KS: Religion (1) +11; KS: Nature (1) +11; KS: Local (1) +11; Spellcraft (1) +9
Background skills KS: History (1) +12; Linguistics (Infernal) +9
Traits Consorting with Dark Powers (+1 KS Arcana & Planes); Eldritch Delver (+1 KS Dungeoneering & History, +1 CL for Conjuration [Teleportation] spells); Magic Might (+1 CL vs SR)
DrawbackPower Hungry: -2 Will save vs promises of power and wealth
Favored Class: Wizard (1x hit point)
Weapons None
Languages Common, Elven, Draconic, Goblin, Sylvan, Celestial, Orc, Infernal
Armor None
Mundane Equipment None
Magic Equipment None
Money None

http://static.tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pub/images/kadaj.jpg
Tall, thin and imperious, Akmathi Sek tends to stare (openly and often rudely) and whatever - or whoever - has his attention with piercing green eyes under unruly white hair. He has perfected three expressions - the disinterested stare, the glare of disdain, and the sardonic smirk.

When he is unengaged with those around him, his eyes are either turned towards a book or scroll, or unfocused on the horizon as he considers arcane mysteries, both new and old.

He prefers elegant but simple robes and a finely carved walking stick - markings appropriate to his station. He finds little value in carrying any weapons - his deadliest tools are his mind and spellbook.

6'4", 160lbs, Silver hair, green eyes
Ahkmathi Sek has struggled with cooperating with colleagues, as his disdain of those around him often keeps even his closest companions at arms length. For those outside his circle of trust, he appears arrogant (true) and impatient (also true). For those inside, he is often the same, but with a grudging acceptance of skill where merited. His attitude is a product of both his perception of the younger races (or lesser races, as he considers them) as well a keen awareness of stature - he is a prodigy even amongst those gifted with the craft.

While once a simple elven man of privilege, Akmathi Sek is now a student of arcane mysteries, striving to master those mystical energies. He pays lip service to the Lords of Hell, but only a fool would disregard such powerful beings.

He rarely deigns to speak to those he considers beneath his station, which includes most. Unless, of course, it is to give an order, or he wants something. He spends more time talking to himself as the only person worthy of his attention. Arrogant or not, one might be impressed by his confidence and drive ...
"What is my story? Fascinating ... long has it been since I have been questioned so directly. While born in the anachronistic sewer-hole that is Farholde, I am far more acquainted with the ancient ways of my fey ancestors - where dancing around an issue is preferable to addressing it head-on."
"Life in Longacre is boring, even for one as privileged as my family. Yes, we enjoyed certain rights due our station, over those of half-breeds, mongrels and outcasts. But we never forgot this is Talingrade. Where perks and a modicum of quality of life are promised by the rulers of this land to those preaching powers begets acceptance and station, this country still stinks of 'Humans first.' What? Nay, I would not term myself a racist. You, like many of the uneducated masses, simply assume my kin are arrogant and self-centered; I would characterize us as logically superior and cautiously introverted. When you live for centuries, you have seen and done more before reaching your 'calpah' than these 'mon-keigh' will achieve in a lifetime. It breeds a certain clarity in perspective on one's superiority."
"As with all parents, mine were influential in setting me on my path. My mother was a fiery soul, one who led a life more suited to a mon-keigh than a revered Elder One. She sang, danced and traveled the world, usually far away from this land of miscreants. Rumor tells it she once was a member of a band of would-be heroes, feeding her insatiable need for excitement and attention. She served as a role model to my sisters, but a warning to me. Only a fool thinks the world is built on good deeds and best intentions; it was paved on the blood and sweat of lesser beings."
"My father is an istar of great power, a wizard raised in the classic traditions of the edhel. It was during his lema, an elvish pilgrimage of sorts, that he met my mother. They 'adventured' together, a relationship that eventually blossomed into a full-fledged love affair, despite a seemingly insurmountable number of differences. It is a trite tale of forbidden love surviving despite the odds - yes, revolting. They were like pieces of a puzzle - they 'fit' together. My mother represented the hot passion of love; my father the cold, calculating logic of reality."
<thoughtful pause>
"I respect my father tremendously. He is an accomplished magus of great power, a vaunted researcher known for his work in transmutation arts ... and something of a 'pioneer' with his most recent controversial work in agarmancy, that is blood magic. He is a towering intellect with few equals. He has forgotten more tomes of knowledge than I have seen.
"He is also an emotionless bastard who deserves to choke on his own misplaced arrogance. But that is neither here nor there. "
"With the birth of my sisters and I, my parents managed to accomplish a feat not seen in almost a century - triplets. It served to build on the mystery of their relationship, and expand the local legend that were my parents. Jayn, my eccentric eldest sister, was certainly born to make my life difficult - a task that she is extremely proficient at. Tara, my other sister was ... a beautiful girl who was the best of the three of us; a paragon of perfection taken too soon, because we ... I ... could not save her."
<pause>
"What? No, I am fine. Emotional breakdowns are for the weak of will. Where was I? Ah yes, my 'childhood.' My sisters cleaved to my mother as one would expect, and she regaled them with stories and tales from her years of adventures. I half-heartedly listened, but my father's expectation was I follow in his footsteps, which required no small amount of study. My sister Jayn was allowed to defy our father regularly, earning only a sigh and glare, with a muttered 'Your child' under his breath. I was 'generously' given ever increasing loads of school work ... typically accompanied by rude gestures from Jayn, encouraging smiles from Tara, and an apologetic gaze from my mother. "
"I was trained in the mystic arts from such a young age that I knew little else. My sister frolicked in the woods with a local herbalist, a woman I would eventually find out was a full-fledged witch. Of course, the more my father disapproved, the more my sister Jayn persevered. I think her successes were tied directly to her desire to prove father wrong - funny how for all her complaints of Father, she had more in common with him than she would ever admit. I suppose I probably have more in common with my mother than I realize.
Here's hoping I am mistaken."
<pause>
"My apprenticeship is not full of joyful memories. It was during that time Tara's condition worsened. She had a degenerative condition, some sort of wasting disease that was not one any of the town healers had ever seen. As she continued to fail, I threw myself in my studies, trying to find something within the arcane arts that would help her. Tara was so strong during that time, but it was ... difficult ... every time I watched a cough wrack her tiny body. So strong in spirit, yet so fragile in the flesh."
"I saw Jayne less and less. I was too busy with my studies; she playing in the woods. My father became even more withdrawn, a thing I did not think was possible. His lessons became stricter, darker; and each was accompanied by harsher punishments for failure. Mother also became increasingly detached. She slept most of the day, and spent her waking hours staring at Tara and weeping softly or picking at her lyre and murmuring sad songs from her youth. No one else seemed to recognize the tell-tale signs of addiction, but I had read enough to know my mother was taking shiver. When I confronted her, she simply begged me to keep it secret, ashamed but in too much pain to stop. It might have been a mistake, but I kept her secret ... until it was no longer a secret to anyone. "
<long pause>
"I remember when Jayn left. She had spent the morning with Tara, and came out crying, but with a look in her eye I'd seen before. She tried to speak with Mother, but that was an effort in futility. She spoke with Father, who threw a small bag of gold at her and turned back to his laboratory without a word. She simply looked at me and told me she'd be back. No hug, no kiss, no asking my opinion. She was gone.
"I spent my time taking care of Tara. I tried every remedy I could find, and a few that I made up. I sought aid from every priest and priestess in Farholde, and sent for more than a few from across the island. Of course, while there were 'blessed' spells that could potentially heal her, but none locally could cast them, an any from afar wouldn't journey to Longacre to save her; not one even deigned to answer my letters."
"During this time, my father disappeared. There was an explosion from his laboratory, and I found nothing but a dark smear near what was obviously a summoning circle. I knew the bastard had been dabbling in necromancy - it was how he managed to live without a heart; but I didn't know he had sought out darker pacts. Such magicks were not his forte."
"I alone was left to care for Tara ... and my mother. It was the best and worst of times. For once, Tara and I were able to talk freely. She spoke of her dreams, of the myriad of little pranks they had pulled on me during our youth, her fears ... I finally got to know my sister during that year. But it was far too short a time. The end came suddenly, and she knew it."
"I sent for Jayn, my first correspondence since she left, but Tara was too far gone by then, and it was far too late. I was at her side when she departed this world for the next. I shed no tears ... such sympathies were for the weak. Ironically enough, one thing being a triplet does not prepare you for is being alone. "
<pause>
"I moved into my father's laboratory, working through his notes. I began the preparations for making contact. I have never been a devout Asmodean, but perhaps other powers would help. I knew the incantations; I had studied the mistakes my father had made. I even had the correct offerings ... homeless wretches no one would miss. But I am no fool; I currently lack the power to effectively enact the spell."
"Of course, try explaining the finer subtleties of preparation and planning vice performance to that blind idiot from Karfield. Do you know he had the audacity to accuse me of witchcraft? Fool! I am not some mewling wench abasing myself to darker powers; I have studied to bend the very laws of magic to my whim and will. My summons would not be a pitiful plea, but a demand!”
<sighs>
“I suppose it makes little difference now. The sentence called for my death - I was to be burned alive - but these miscreants underestimated me yet again. Now I have surrounded myself with meat for the eternal grinder, and I shall have my revenge upon Sir Balin ... I be way or another.”

EDIT: I almost forgot equipment ...
From the help yourself: 4d6gp (Do we each get 300, or split that?)
From the limited pile: 1x CLW, Richter's Tome of Magical Armaments Level 3 Wizard's Spell Book, Scrolls [Invisibility, Hideous Laughter, Sleep], and Wand Magic magic missile (CL1st 23 charges)

Richter's Tom or Arcane Armament
This beautiful book is made of fine cerulean leather embossed with gold leaf. Its edges are reinforced with brass fittings and strange arcane symbols adorn its covered. It bears the draconic rune of “R” in the center of its front cover.
Value 350 gp Blank Pages 63
SPELLS
2nd – bull’s strength, flaming sphere, hideous laughter, invisibility
1st – alarm, charm person, expeditious retreat, feather fall, mage armor, magic missile, mount, shield, sleep
0th – all cantrips in the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook

2nd - bull’s strength, flaming sphere, hideous laughter, invisibility
1st - 1: mage armor, grease, obscuring mist, protection from good, enlarge person, color spray, silent image, feather fall, snowball, shield, mount, magic missile, alarm
0th - resistance, acid splash, detect magic, detect poison, read magic, dancing lights, flare, light, ray of frost, spark, ghost sound, mending, haunted fey aspect, mage hand, message, open/close, arcane mark, prestidigitation

IRollTwenties
2020-10-03, 05:40 PM
Alright alright alright. Rhunafel will speak in this color and I'll have an IC post up before the end of the day.

Rhunafel is a competent frontliner (especially with self buffs and now raging song) and an efficient healer and buffer. Judging by the party make up, looks like he's going to be filling the main divine caster role, so I'll make future build decisions with that in mind. He's also a master manipulator, with very high Bluff and Intimidate and alright Diplomacy (good Diplomacy against non-good or chaotic creatures.)

My vote is for leaving the road and bringing Grumblejack. We're less likely to encounter a patrol looking for, oh I dunno, escaped prisoners if we leave the road and having a big beef bus of hit points between us and the good guys will surely be helpful.

3SecondCultist
2020-10-03, 05:55 PM
He's also a master manipulator, with very high Bluff and Intimidate and alright Diplomacy (good Diplomacy against non-good or chaotic creatures.)

He and Adrius overlap completely in this regard. I will be maxing out Bluff, Intimidate, and Perform (Oratory) for both Diplomacy and Sense Motive, and Rile from Red Tongue gives +1/2 level on all non-combat Bluff and Intimidate checks. I plan to go full Cha all the way on this guy, with the ‘master manipulator’ fluff well in hand, so it should be fun to play off of each other!

Bansheexero
2020-10-03, 08:14 PM
Small question then, I never played all the way through the prison break, only glanced at it. I made the assumption our start, at level 2 was based on 1000 gp. I did a quick glance through the prison section, would I have any gold at the moment? Not sure. It mentioned there was any weapon we might be focused in (Bastard Sword for me) and I downgraded from Breastplate to Chain Shirt, since I did not see it available. Not sure if I could get away with my Kukri or if I need to downgrade that to a dagger. Just not sure of equipment restrictions.

Starbin
2020-10-03, 08:40 PM
This was the original post regarding ‘stuff’

So starting Equipment, the default equipment for Way of the Wicked is "rags"... However having assumed you have escape the prison you may supplement the rags with the following equipment. In some cases it's equipment that will be shared amongst the party others there was enough to equip anyone....

"Help Yourself"
Chain shirts
Chain mail
Heavy Steel Shields
Longswords
Longbows
Decks of Cards
300 + 4d6gp each

"Limited number to share amongst the Party"
Silver Holy symbol of Mitra
MW Longsword
Potion Cure Moderate Wounds, Cure Light Wounds (2 available)
Weapons Cache [Trident, bastard sword, great axe, glaive, battle axe, Heavy crossbow, Hand axe, Short sword]

Richter's Tome of Magical Armaments Level 3 Wizard's Spell Book
Ioun Torch
Scrolls
Wand Magic magic missile (CL1st 23 charges)

A friendly Ogre called [I]Grumblejack Optional NPC companion

I was placing a claim in 1 CLW, my share of gold, a dagger and/or quarterstaff, the spellbook, scrolls and wand. That okay with others?

PS - DrK, what were the spells in the book?

IRollTwenties
2020-10-03, 10:24 PM
I suppose I should roll my starting wealth then [roll0]

Also, I asked in the recruitment, but was there any way to get a bludgeoning weapon at the beginning of the game? Even a 0gp Club would suffice... something like a chair or table leg ransacked from the prison?

As for the other things, I pass on the rest.

Bansheexero
2020-10-03, 10:43 PM
So no Bastard Sword either? I mean, there is a section that discusses the guard station that states, among the other stuff that if a player specializes in a weapon, it can be found there. I'll toss the Kukri for now, I guess. Maintaining non-MW Bastard Sword unless told otherwise. If I am, is the MW longsword claimed?

Bansheexero
2020-10-03, 10:57 PM
Gold roll [roll0]

Athaleon
2020-10-03, 11:24 PM
[roll0] monies.

Also, I too vote to keep Grumblejack.

3SecondCultist
2020-10-03, 11:57 PM
Maintaining non-MW Bastard Sword unless told otherwise. If I am, is the MW longsword claimed?

I claimed it in the recruitment thread and put it on my sheet (since otherwise Adrius’ to hit bonus is pretty garbage), but if you really want it I will relinquish it.

DrK
2020-10-04, 09:26 AM
This was the original post regarding ‘stuff’

I was placing a claim in 1 CLW, my share of gold, a dagger and/or quarterstaff, the spellbook, scrolls and wand. That okay with others?

PS - DrK, what were the spells in the book?

The books is as follows....
Richter's Tom or Arcane Armament
This beautiful book is made of fine cerulean leather embossed with gold leaf. Its edges are reinforced with brass fittings and strange arcane symbols adorn its covered. It bears the draconic rune of “R” in the center of its front cover.
Value 350 gp Blank Pages 63
SPELLS
2nd – bull’s strength, flaming sphere, hideous laughter, invisibility
1st – alarm, charm person, expeditious retreat, feather fall, mage armor, magic missile, mount, shield, sleep
0th – all cantrips in the Pathfinder Roleplaying Game Core Rulebook

I suppose I should roll my starting wealth then [roll0]

Also, I asked in the recruitment, but was there any way to get a bludgeoning weapon at the beginning of the game? Even a 0gp Club would suffice... something like a chair or table leg ransacked from the prison?

As for the other things, I pass on the rest.

Assume there is a heavy mace or club (your preference)

So no Bastard Sword either? I mean, there is a section that discusses the guard station that states, among the other stuff that if a player specializes in a weapon, it can be found there. I'll toss the Kukri for now, I guess. Maintaining non-MW Bastard Sword unless told otherwise. If I am, is the MW longsword claimed?

A normal unremarkable bastard sword can be available

@ ALL

Seems overwhelming support for grumblejack! Go Grumble....
Also seems a general trend to head into the marsh. Thats fine. Could I please have 3 survival checks from the person who is leading the way....

DarkOne-Rob
2020-10-04, 12:43 PM
Assume there is a heavy mace or club (your preference)
Are there any two-handed bludgeoning options available? I had Oghash grab a club originally, but will gladly upgrade to a heavy mace.

Also seems a general trend to head into the marsh. Thats fine. Could I please have 3 survival checks from the person who is leading the way....
Oghash' Survival bonus is at +5, so I am fine with her either leading or bringing up the rear to cover up our tracks. Here are three rolls in either case: [roll0], [roll1], [roll2]

Athaleon
2020-10-04, 02:19 PM
If Salem is leading, Survival checks are:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Bansheexero
2020-10-04, 05:25 PM
I claimed it in the recruitment thread and put it on my sheet (since otherwise Adrius’ to hit bonus is pretty garbage), but if you really want it I will relinquish it.

Thanks for the offer, but DrK allowed for an unremarkable Bastard Sword. My to-hit is the same if I had a MW Longsword thanks to Weapon Focus, just did not want a full 10% dip from my original equipment, 5% is fine though.
Damage would have only differed by a single point on average, though eventually Glorious Challenge will let me slaughter groups rather quickly thanks to the stacking damage. Good news is, if there are heavy AC items, there are more to go around for the rest of the group, as when I stack challenges, my damage goes up but AC goes down, so no reason to use AC to tank. I'm better off with a Cloak of Displacement since for most enemies it would simply give me a 50% chance for them to miss.

DarkOne-Rob
2020-10-04, 07:58 PM
Turning into the marsh the half orc cannibal's dark sight
I traded away Darkvision - Oghash cannot see in the dark any better than a human. Just FYI. (I am open to getting that changed with magic if it becomes reasonable.)

Bansheexero
2020-10-05, 08:28 PM
Hmm, I recall in 3.0/3.5 there was a smoke bomb that exclusively targets Darkvision (if there is light, regular vision works normally though). I think it was part of the Forgotten Realms setting. I wonder if we could get something similar. Fun to lure enemies into a position where they believe they have the advantage, and pull the rug out from under them.

3SecondCultist
2020-10-06, 10:58 AM
I plan to post later today! Sorry for the holdup on my end.

DrK
2020-10-07, 05:33 AM
@Darkone
Just to clarify, the clearing is open terrain. The difficult terrain is around the edge of the clearing

DarkOne-Rob
2020-10-07, 08:05 AM
Oh, that changes things significantly, then. I will edit my post accordingly to have Oghash charge the enemy with maximum violence. Thanks for the clarification!

Bansheexero
2020-10-09, 09:07 AM
@Darkone
Just to clarify, the clearing is open terrain. The difficult terrain is around the edge of the clearing

I will also charge in then, not super worrying about Iaijutsu strike. Will need to delete and repost, but had no dice rolls on my original post.

Edit: Pretty sure I just critted for 26 damage.

DrK
2020-10-09, 10:18 AM
I will also charge in then, not super worrying about Iaijutsu strike. Will need to delete and repost, but had no dice rolls on my original post.

Edit: Pretty sure I just critted for 26 damage.

Clearly have the dark god's favour of that's your first combat roll out the gate. I'll update reptiles and Grbke tonight, if needed I'll bot the missing PCs

3SecondCultist
2020-10-09, 12:14 PM
Posted at long last! Sorry for the wait, my week was busier than I anticipated it being.

DM, even though I posted after the two frontliners, would Raging Song be able to apply to their actions as well retroactively? I ask because of the nature of PbP and differing schedules, my buffs might not get a chance to maximize their effectiveness. :smallfrown:

DrK
2020-10-09, 03:37 PM
Posted at long last! Sorry for the wait, my week was busier than I anticipated it being.

DM, even though I posted after the two frontliners, would Raging Song be able to apply to their actions as well retroactively? I ask because of the nature of PbP and differing schedules, my buffs might not get a chance to maximize their effectiveness. :smallfrown:

Yes, its how I normally look at things on PbP. I just summarise a logical order of things, unless we've all rolled init and there are some players before/after the bad guys so there is PC group 1 and PC group 2 in the Init order

THough I'm right in thinking it doesn't stack with Orghash's rage? But he can use your song to activate his bloodrage and not have it come from his daily rage rounds?

3SecondCultist
2020-10-10, 03:34 AM
Yes, its how I normally look at things on PbP. I just summarise a logical order of things, unless we've all rolled init and there are some players before/after the bad guys so there is PC group 1 and PC group 2 in the Init order

THough I'm right in thinking it doesn't stack with Orghash's rage? But he can use your song to activate his bloodrage and not have it come from his daily rage rounds?

Wonderful, that does put my mind at ease.

And you're right, it doesn't stack with Oghash's rage, but it would save her rage rounds since she can choose to take her own bonuses and penalties. Right now it isn't a huge deal, but starting at 3rd level Adrius is going to start handing out rage powers, which will mean in effect that Oghash will have her choice of two sets of powers every combat (and if she would rather start with Adrius' abilities and then start a bloodrage as normal, there is no penalty for that).

Skalds and Bloodragers are basically perfect for each other! :smallbiggrin:

Bansheexero
2020-10-10, 10:35 PM

Wonderful, that does put my mind at ease.

And you're right, it doesn't stack with Oghash's rage, but it would save her rage rounds since she can choose to take her own bonuses and penalties. Right now it isn't a huge deal, but starting at 3rd level Adrius is going to start handing out rage powers, which will mean in effect that Oghash will have her choice of two sets of powers every combat (and if she would rather start with Adrius' abilities and then start a bloodrage as normal, there is no penalty for that).

Skalds and Bloodragers are basically perfect for each other! :smallbiggrin:

If this is the case, I do not believe I lose access to any of my abilities in accepting said raging song, so I will do so. It will add +1 to attack and damage for me, if I am not mistaken (making my attack roll 23 and my damage roll 18), though can't recall if it dips my AC any lower, though that is not really a thing I super care about at the moment.

DarkOne-Rob
2020-10-12, 04:38 PM
I will make a minor edit to my last post when I post IC shortly. Since the Bloodline doesn't activate if I use the rounds from Adrius' song but she does get the statistical bonuses I think I will use that for now.

DrK
2020-10-12, 04:51 PM
If this is the case, I do not believe I lose access to any of my abilities in accepting said raging song, so I will do so. It will add +1 to attack and damage for me, if I am not mistaken (making my attack roll 23 and my damage roll 18), though can't recall if it dips my AC any lower, though that is not really a thing I super care about at the moment.

I would agree. The blazing challenge doesn't seem like a "concentration based" thing. Maybe Sarris would just get a little more choppy on his challenges when he has the theme music playing

I'll wait for anyone else to post the next round then can update tomorrow

Bansheexero
2020-10-15, 02:34 PM
Hopefully some others will post soon. Hate for it to die this early.

DarkOne-Rob
2020-10-15, 03:32 PM
I'm still here. My dice didn't cooperate on round 2, but I'm still here.

Starbin
2020-10-15, 06:06 PM
My bad - I’ve had some time management issues!

Bansheexero
2020-10-16, 09:03 PM
So, umm, ow. I am at 3 HP and grappled. feels weird asking evil characters for help, but well, yeah, that.

Starbin
2020-10-16, 11:15 PM
Oh, well ... there’s that. I could try and use colors spray ...
@DrK - can Ahkmathi angle a color spray to catch the ‘bad’ guys and not hit the worse guys?

3SecondCultist
2020-10-17, 03:57 AM
Ah shoot, I missed the bit about Sarris being grappled. I might have had Adrius help!

It doesn't matter, since I rolled a nice natural 1 on my first go. :smallfrown:

DrK
2020-10-17, 06:00 AM
So, umm, ow. I am at 3 HP and grappled. feels weird asking evil characters for help, but well, yeah, that.

Even bad guys can have prison friends!

Oh, well ... there’s that. I could try and use colors spray ...
@DrK - can Ahkmathi angle a color spray to catch the ‘bad’ guys and not hit the worse guys?

You can the were crocodile, you managed to kill the "more injured" crocodile with the magic missile

Bansheexero
2020-10-17, 12:02 PM
If I can kill the croc, my challenge will make it much easier for me to pierce the werecroc's DR. With power attack, if I can chain my challenge will let me do 1d10+16 damage, so I'd be dealing a minimum of 7 damage per hit. Of course, my AC is really, really low, so I would need either distractions or tons of healing.

Edit - Hurray, I killed that croc, will chain into the werecroc, but could use some serious healing if anybody has it. I'd like to get more than one hit in on it.

DrK
2020-10-17, 04:54 PM
If I can kill the croc, my challenge will make it much easier for me to pierce the werecroc's DR. With power attack, if I can chain my challenge will let me do 1d10+16 damage, so I'd be dealing a minimum of 7 damage per hit. Of course, my AC is really, really low, so I would need either distractions or tons of healing.

Edit - Hurray, I killed that croc, will chain into the werecroc, but could use some serious healing if anybody has it. I'd like to get more than one hit in on it.

I have assumed that in the order of things Sarris got the Crocodile to trigger the Glorious challeng and transferred the magic nissile to the were-beast

Also my coding fail....

vs Adrius Claw [roll0] dam (1d4+8)[10]
vs Grumble Claw [roll1] dam (1d4+8)[9]
vs Sarris Tail [roll2] dam (1d12+4)[10]

Bansheexero
2020-10-17, 05:32 PM
Considering my AC is currently 10 thanks to raging song and 2 stacks of Glorious Challenge, it is actually impressive and fortunate that the werecroc missed, since it would have knocked me below zero had it hit.

Bansheexero
2020-10-17, 08:21 PM
Damn, I think I may have missed.

3SecondCultist
2020-10-18, 08:16 AM
Well, if Sarris missed I am hoping that Adrius can prevent a full attack against him. Post will be coming soon.

Bansheexero
2020-10-19, 07:34 AM
If I get hit once to drop below zero, I'll burn my use of resolve, but a second hit will negate it and most likely kill Sarris.

DarkOne-Rob
2020-10-23, 02:11 PM
@DRK - do you need anything from the PCs to move to the next round of combat? I am excited about getting to play Oghash and hoping to keep going!

DrK
2020-10-23, 04:17 PM
@DRK - do you need anything from the PCs to move to the next round of combat? I am excited about getting to play Oghash and hoping to keep going!

POsting this evening. Just had an intense few days with work. Sadly a lot of zoom meetings with US colleagues which are evening/night time for me so its been some longs days and I just run out of steam.

DarkOne-Rob
2020-10-23, 04:39 PM
I totally understand - I've lived overseas and pretty much hate teleconferences. You have my sympathy!

TGIF!

Bansheexero
2020-10-23, 06:29 PM
Not sure if eating the werecroc counts as cannibalism or not. Sarris will avoid it for health reasons, though I think prions only live in the brain, which won't be eaten anyway. Still, don't want to risk getting Kuru, a form of spongiform encephalopathy (literally turns your brain into a sponge with thousands of tiny holes). Croc meat on the other hand smells like fried chicken when cooked, though sadly I missed my opportunity to try it (in the Florida Everglades they sell it). Supposedly it is rather sweet tasting.

DarkOne-Rob
2020-10-23, 07:52 PM
I’ve had alligator tail. It’s tasty!

Starbin
2020-10-23, 11:15 PM
Yup, dat dere gater tail be good eats ... ‘specially blackened!

Bansheexero
2020-10-24, 06:20 PM
Who has the healing potions, I am at 3 HP

Athaleon
2020-10-24, 06:24 PM
Sorry, busy weekend. Salem can heal people who need it. Will post IC when able.

DarkOne-Rob
2020-10-26, 05:08 PM
@Starbin - let's save the potion for when we need it and don't have other options. In the meanwhile, I think spellcasting-healing makes more sense and invites fun roleplaying.

This assumes that @Athaleon agrees.

Starbin
2020-10-26, 06:25 PM
No worries … we can hold off.

And phat loot, woot!

Bansheexero
2020-10-26, 10:32 PM
Well, at least 7 HP is better than 3 HP. Unless somebody has a better claim, I'd like to take the Mithral Chainmail for Sarris. His AC can take a considerable hit when chaining challenges (Toughness is on the agenda, but may go with Furious Focus first to counteract Power Attack a bit), but early one, I'll take what I can get. Two main things he will aim for are HP and mobility. The Mithral Chainmail helps with the latter. Is it +1 Mithral Chainmail, or did I misinterpret the spoiler tag?

Starbin
2020-10-27, 11:48 AM
Well, at least 7 HP is better than 3 HP. Unless somebody has a better claim, I'd like to take the Mithral Chainmail for Sarris. His AC can take a considerable hit when chaining challenges (Toughness is on the agenda, but may go with Furious Focus first to counteract Power Attack a bit), but early one, I'll take what I can get. Two main things he will aim for are HP and mobility. The Mithral Chainmail helps with the latter. Is it +1 Mithral Chainmail, or did I misinterpret the spoiler tag?

I think it was Mithran ... which was likely referencing the ethnic origins vice the composition. But here's hoping! :smallbiggrin:

Bansheexero
2020-10-27, 11:50 PM
I think it was Mithran ... which was likely referencing the ethnic origins vice the composition. But here's hoping! :smallbiggrin:

Ah, if it is Mithran, as in their deity, and not Mithral, I will avoid it and Oghash can have it. I need the speed more than the AC.

3SecondCultist
2020-10-28, 03:21 AM
I don’t mind giving up the +1 Battleaxe, but if nobody wants it, Adrius will take the +1 Chainmail, since he can do everything he needs to in medium armor and I don’t mind being a bit slower than the rest of the crew.

DarkOne-Rob
2020-10-28, 11:02 AM
My vote is to give both items to others who will use them without reservation. If ANYONE wants either item, take them. I will claim them last so they don't get wasted.

DarkOne-Rob
2020-10-29, 11:53 AM
Alright, I am NOT volunteering to track gear in a spreadsheet or anything, but we should figure out how to divvy stuff up more effectively than this. Call it the difficulties of PbP and evil PCs (but not evil players), but this should be a relatively easy decision.

Our PCs are a Samurai, Bloodrager, a Skald, an Oracle, a Wizard, and a Warpriest. Two of us (Sarris and Oghash) prefer 2-handed weapons (for higher damage), our Oracle (Rhunafel) ghosted us before the IC thread really began, Salem has demonstrated abilities and the desire to play as an archer, and Ahkmathi is a wizard and lacks proficiency (or interest) in the +1 Battle Axe. That leaves only Adrius as likely to use the Axe - he's using a longsword and shield at the moment. The axe should go to him.

Adrius/3SecondCultis has said he will take the +1 Chainmail if no one else wants it. Oghash would use it, but I expect her to regularly tank her AC so was hesitant to take it at first. However, more AC is better then less, no matter what. Since no one else seems to have any interest in the armor, I think Oghash should take the it to keep things balanced(-ish) with loot.

How does this sound to everyone (OoC)? If we as players are cool with this, let's get our a$$hole PCs into line so we can move forward! :smallcool:

Starbin
2020-10-29, 01:52 PM
Alright, I am NOT volunteering to track gear in a spreadsheet or anything, but we should figure out how to divvy stuff up more effectively than this. Call it the difficulties of PbP and evil PCs (but not evil players), but this should be a relatively easy decision.

Our PCs are a Samurai, Bloodrager, a Skald, an Oracle, a Wizard, and a Warpriest. Two of us (Sarris and Oghash) prefer 2-handed weapons (for higher damage), our Oracle (Rhunafel) ghosted us before the IC thread really began, Salem has demonstrated abilities and the desire to play as an archer, and Ahkmathi is a wizard and lacks proficiency (or interest) in the +1 Battle Axe. That leaves only Adrius as likely to use the Axe - he's using a longsword and shield at the moment. The axe should go to him.

Adrius/3SecondCultis has said he will take the +1 Chainmail if no one else wants it. Oghash would use it, but I expect her to regularly tank her AC so was hesitant to take it at first. However, more AC is better then less, no matter what. Since no one else seems to have any interest in the armor, I think Oghash should take the it to keep things balanced(-ish) with loot.

How does this sound to everyone (OoC)? If we as players are cool with this, let's get our a$$hole PCs into line so we can move forward! :smallcool:

I'm down. I think it's just a matter of all us players being way too nice, and even with evil characters we are reluctant to be complete asses to each other. I vote yes on the current divvying of loot ... especially since I cleaned up with the whole spellbook, wand and scrolls. As long as the loot distro makes sense, it continues to remain as fair as possible, and everyone is okay, we can work it out in OOC as necessary.

DrK
2020-10-29, 02:03 PM
Hey up

Yup, just to clarify it was Mitran Chainmail +1, so religious chainmail. Not Mithral the shiny metal :smallsmile:

Starbin
2020-10-29, 04:08 PM
DrK - Ahkmathi would have tried to work on some of the spells from the spellbook last night ... would it be possible to say his share of the loot (300gp +[roll0]) would include some inks and such he would have liberated from the warden?

DrK
2020-10-29, 05:56 PM
DrK - Ahkmathi would have tried to work on some of the spells from the spellbook last night ... would it be possible to say his share of the loot (300gp +[roll0]) would include some inks and such he would have liberated from the warden?

Yes thats okay. You could have looted the Warden's desk

Starbin
2020-10-30, 10:56 AM
Copy - if the 4 hrs were available, he would have transcribed four spells (mount, alarm, magic missile and shield)

Bansheexero
2020-10-30, 08:12 PM
So a 4 hr rest? So, another 1 HP, hurray, at 7 out of 26 now. Finding a vampiric sword would be fun.

Starbin
2020-10-30, 08:25 PM
Um, no. I figured Ahkmathi studied for 4 hrs, rested for 8.

And per DrK <I>“remember to heal overnight, Get HD+Con mod back, or twice that if someone was healing with the heal skill”</i>

So I’m guessing that’s at least 2+ HPs

DrK
2020-10-31, 02:55 AM
Survival checks
Oghash [roll0]
Sarris [roll1]
Adrius [roll2]
Ahkmathi [roll3]
Salem [roll4]

DrK
2020-11-03, 02:12 PM
THere is heavy scrub on the river banks so scouting up for a better look is certainly a possibility if that will hepl the party deceide

On the subject of heailing did you tap the healing from Salem from the previous night and this morning?

DarkOne-Rob
2020-11-09, 12:21 PM
It's been several days (a busy week, I think) since we had a bunch of posts. Is it possible to have a team cross the river to cut of retreat while another attacks the bridge from this side?

I don't think that Oghash would consider this idea, but as a player I think it could have merit. What do you guys think?

Starbin
2020-11-10, 05:24 PM
Sorry, I got into one of those weeks with no access and lower motivation once I got home. I'm okay with us flanking … but it does raise the question of whether we should engage or not. Let me review the IC and provide some thoughts from a non-tactically oriented character but one with a pretty high IQ

DrK
2020-11-11, 04:16 PM
I like the wizardly ways to get across a river. Very cunning

Starbin
2020-11-11, 05:45 PM
Glad it worked - good thing I didn’t have to roll :smallbiggrin:

To the group - For this next part, I think Ahkmathi would just as soon not jeopardize their escape and potentially raise an alarm too close to their benefactor. However, it may be viewed as showing initiative if we could kill these troops and make it seem the culprits had headed in a different direction ... say send a small boat down the river to be found later. Alternatively, we could try to frame on of them by leaving devilish evidence ... sowing discord and mistrust amongst the ‘faithful.

Those are obviously more complicated plans that might require a great deal of effort. Thoughts?

DarkOne-Rob
2020-11-11, 06:08 PM
As a player I am game. Oghash will help, though she's not likely to have more of an idea than kill and eat them...

Asmodeus is the patron of ambition. I say it is likely if we are successful that it will prove worthwhile, even if only in RP terms. It might have loot and XP too, though?

DrK
2020-11-14, 01:37 PM
If you le me know the plans I can react accordingly. But the guards will have food, booze and stores that as recently escaped prisoners you may lack....

Starbin
2020-11-14, 08:54 PM
If you le me know the plans I can react accordingly. But the guards will have food, booze and stores that as recently escaped prisoners you may lack....

I’ll take this as tacit DM approval!

So g
folks, do you preferred the straight forward attack, or the more complicated plan of distractions and such? Ahkmathi likes the idea of using magic, but Starbin realizes more moving parts = more opportunities for failures.

DarkOne-Rob
2020-11-14, 09:37 PM
Oghash is a direct person/monster. If given the "go" she will literally charge in with maximum violence. If she can do so while enlarged, even better - @DrK is this soon enough after the crossing for Enlarge Person to still be active?

DrK
2020-11-19, 06:23 AM
Oghash is a direct person/monster. If given the "go" she will literally charge in with maximum violence. If she can do so while enlarged, even better - @DrK is this soon enough after the crossing for Enlarge Person to still be active?

THe enlarge would have expired, its only a 2 minute spell at the moment

From the other comments are you going to hunker down for what will be a couple of hours, then attack when the guards start to sleep / relax?

DarkOne-Rob
2020-11-19, 04:21 PM
Oghash will follow the consensus. As a player I think that sort of move is riskier than just attacking outright, though.

Athaleon
2020-11-20, 02:41 AM
Oghash will follow the consensus. As a player I think that sort of move is riskier than just attacking outright, though.

Because of the chance they'll be reinforced?

DarkOne-Rob
2020-11-20, 07:44 AM
Waiting introduces time for the situation to change. DMs get creative, bad luck happens, etc...

DrK
2020-11-24, 03:46 AM
[roll0] some mystery rolls

DarkOne-Rob
2020-11-24, 01:19 PM
I (Oghash) want to kill something. We should kill them all, starting with the two on the bridge, continuing with the five in the guard shack, and ending with the rest in the camp. Who's with me? :smallbiggrin:

Bansheexero
2020-11-24, 10:00 PM
I like the idea of trapping them in the tower as well. What is said tower made of? Could we ignite it and burn them inside?

Athaleon
2020-11-24, 10:33 PM
We wanted to be able to loot their supplies, which might be difficult if we burn the tower down. Depending on the width and railing type of the bridge, and the depth and speed of the river, we might be able to approach and take them down from underwater.

DrK
2020-11-25, 01:13 AM
I like the idea of trapping them in the tower as well. What is said tower made of? Could we ignite it and burn them inside?

Its a shack of solid wooden planks with a thatch roof

DarkOne-Rob
2020-11-25, 01:38 PM
Oghash would enjoy the violence of burning them to death, but it would ruin some perfectly good meals...I'll have her do what everyone else thinks is best, but simple solutions seem more likely to work to me.

Bansheexero
2020-11-26, 03:00 AM
Oghash would enjoy the violence of burning them to death, but it would ruin some perfectly good meals...I'll have her do what everyone else thinks is best, but simple solutions seem more likely to work to me.

Think of it like smoking the meat on the barbecue. Chances are high they would die before the flames consume them entirely, as typically asphyxiation from the smoke along with burned lungs from inhaling hot ash is most often the cause of death in such situations.

DrK
2020-11-26, 05:11 AM
perception [roll0]±??

DrK
2020-11-26, 05:15 AM
Initiave rolls [roll0]

Bansheexero
2020-11-27, 01:14 PM
Well, that's a natural 1 for me, so . . . yeah

DrK
2020-11-27, 03:05 PM
They don't have Combat reflexes feat so no AoO for their weapons, but bad luck on a "1" and a "2" as the opening gambits.
Lets hope the rest of the party have better luck!

DrK
2020-11-29, 12:28 PM
I'll bot the other PCS if they haven't moved till tomorrow to get this fight started

Also, hope all the US members of the game had a nice thanksgiving

DarkOne-Rob
2020-12-03, 09:37 PM
/sigh...and here I am trying to be prompt and involved, with my PC likely to die right here...

DrK
2020-12-04, 02:15 AM
/sigh...and here I am trying to be prompt and involved, with my PC likely to die right here...

That was very, very unfortunate. At least it's PF so you to -21 with your monster Con before you die.

Bansheexero
2020-12-05, 01:43 AM
Well, not sure if it hit, but at least it is not a natural 1 this time.

Athaleon
2020-12-07, 01:29 AM
Forgot to roll it in the IC thread, but in case a Bluff check is needed: [roll0]

Starbin
2020-12-07, 09:39 PM
I’m the suckiest, struggling to find routine and motivation. Let me see what I can do to save our rager!

DrK
2020-12-08, 06:07 AM
I’m the suckiest, struggling to find routine and motivation. Let me see what I can do to save our rager!

No worries Starbin,
- I love the internal monologue of the elf!

Also a mystery DM roll [roll0]

DarkOne-Rob
2020-12-08, 05:59 PM
I'm Active Duty US Navy and have to go underway on one of our ships next week from Tuesday-Sunday. Only six days, but during that time I won't be able to post at all.

Please bot my PC if it is delaying things and I will be back when we're done. In the meanwhile I will try to be consistent in posting so that I don't delay things any before we leave.

Thanks!

Bansheexero
2020-12-08, 06:02 PM
Hurray, a hit, and only 1 away from a possible crit, though the confirmation roll would probably be a fail.

DrK
2020-12-12, 04:25 AM
I'm Active Duty US Navy and have to go underway on one of our ships next week from Tuesday-Sunday. Only six days, but during that time I won't be able to post at all.

Please bot my PC if it is delaying things and I will be back when we're done. In the meanwhile I will try to be consistent in posting so that I don't delay things any before we leave.

Thanks!

No worries. Hope all goes well on your active service

DarkOne-Rob
2020-12-29, 07:34 PM
OOC - PS - any healing spells in the group to rouse Oghash?
Oghash is conscious - she's the one who recommended making the captives slaves or eating them if they refuse.

She does still need significant healing. She is at 1/24 HPs currently...

It seems we have lost several players. They are at least not posting much during the Holiday Season. @DRK, would you like to join us in a Discord Channel (https://discord.gg/NumJC5d6) where I hang with lots of family and friends who all play (including Starbin). We could find replacement players there if you don't want to re-recruit on the forums.

Just my 2 cp.

Oh, Merry Belated Christmas and Happy New Years!

Starbin
2020-12-29, 08:56 PM
I know ... that was a hold over from a previous post. Sorry.

DarkOne-Rob
2020-12-29, 10:02 PM
No problem - it happens!

Athaleon
2020-12-29, 10:10 PM
I'm still around, just been busy over the holidays and let this one fall through the cracks unfortunately.

DrK
2021-01-02, 08:56 AM
Thanks for the discord link. I shall investigate (although I don't use discord much)
You've arried at the next section so we can see how many players are left and top up if needed.

Also, as you sadi, season's greeting! Roll on 2021!

DrK
2021-01-06, 04:27 PM
THe discord link had expired if its okay to resend?

I'll update the IC tomorow. Its been a busy couple of days at work so need to zone out with the rubbish TV

DarkOne-Rob
2021-01-06, 06:25 PM
Try this one: https://discord.gg/CsYWzgvZ. We will be glad to have you!

DrK
2021-01-09, 05:05 PM
@ DarkOne7141981

I'm liking how much persuasion was needed to get Oghash on board with the Cardinal's Grand Plan.

DarkOne-Rob
2021-01-09, 05:29 PM
She likes killing and eating Mitrans. Not going to be hard to get her onboard when she doesn't even understand the words he used. She hasn't much of a concept of selling one's soul or anything and isn't that smart, so.../shrug.

DrK
2021-01-13, 09:30 AM
@Darkone7141981

Assume you'll be healed off screen back up to full health. Plenty of healing available in the house of Evil

DarkOne-Rob
2021-01-13, 10:06 AM
That's "good" news. I'm not exactly what else to consider - there's a delicate balancing act between asking for better gear and seeming needy to your LE overlord...

Bansheexero
2021-01-16, 09:41 AM
Well, as for requisitioning gear, a Masterwork Bastard Sword is my character's request. Unless I am mistaken, as I did not read the price of the base weapon, it should fall under 400 gp. If there is enough spare left over, a potion of Cure Light Wounds would also be nice to have as well.

DarkOne-Rob
2021-01-16, 10:30 AM
Can we add any gold we have to our amount for purchasing stuff?

DrK
2021-01-16, 11:50 AM
Can we add any gold we have to our amount for purchasing stuff?

Yes that is fine

DrK
2021-01-17, 03:38 AM
So we appear to be down a couple of players...

In the past week we've had posts from Sarris, Ahkmathi and Oghash.

First off are there are other PC's who have been quiet of latee but wish to continue?

Secondly, would the remaining three of you prefer to run with reduced numbers or shall we re-recruit as this would be a natural point to easily be able to add some more numbers.

DarkOne-Rob
2021-01-17, 10:48 AM
It seems we have lost several players. They are at least not posting much during the Holiday Season. @DRK, would you like to join us in a Discord Channel (https://discord.gg/NumJC5d6) where I hang with lots of family and friends who all play (including Starbin). We could find replacement players there if you don't want to re-recruit on the forums.

Just my 2 cp.

Oh, Merry Belated Christmas and Happy New Years!
I think we should get some quality players from the Discord. I know at least one who would be interested (FarmerBink).

DarkOne-Rob
2021-01-17, 12:08 PM
Bottom line up front: 820 GP cost for desired gear, Oghash has 700 GP worth without exchanges, can give up more, but would like collaborate with the other PCs for the last +1 bonus to a composite longbow...

Regarding gear, I would really like two things: A Masterwork Greataxe and a +4 Strength Composite Longbow.

Together these would cost 820.

Oghash has 300 GP and a normal Greataxe she can put into the pot. If it would help get a full +4 Str bonus bow she would donate her Heavy Steel Shield too. Can any of the other PCs help cover the difference in costs? If not, she will have to settle for a +3 Str Composite Longbow.

Thanks!

@DrK, Oghash is totally going to try and ask Tiadora about what happened there. Suspicion that Tiadora isn't free and sort of chafes against some kind of bondage/slavery. Not sure when that exchange will happen, but it's in my mind.

Athaleon
2021-01-17, 10:36 PM
I have been quiet of late, which was at first because of the holidays and more recently because of being busy in real life. I am in fewer games now than previously (PbP and IRL) so I should be able to pick this one back up if that's all right.

DrK
2021-01-18, 01:58 AM
I think we should get some quality players from the Discord. I know at least one who would be interested (FarmerBink).

I'll reach out to Farmerbink and see if he's interested. That will give 5 PCs which is a good number

I have been quiet of late, which was at first because of the holidays and more recently because of being busy in real life. I am in fewer games now than previously (PbP and IRL) so I should be able to pick this one back up if that's all right.

Yup, absolutely, you are very welcome

Starbin
2021-01-18, 04:35 AM
Weekends always suck more for me ... weirdly enough.

DarkOne-Rob
2021-01-18, 10:32 PM
Over the next week (from tomorrow through the morning of Monday, 25 JAN) I will be underway (out to sea) for work (I'm Active Duty US Navy).

I may or may not have any internet access. Please Bot me as needed.

Thanks for understanding and I will see you in a week (or earlier - cross your fingers)!

Farmerbink
2021-01-20, 10:31 PM
Greetings folks! DrK has invited me to round out a party of 5, and I'm more than happy to accept!

I'm thinking and leaning hard towards some variety of slayer, though the details remain fuzzy. Let's flesh them out a bit, eh?

Str: Focus (18)
Dex: [roll0]
Con: [roll1]
Int: [roll2]
Wis: [roll3]
Cha: Foible (8)

Edit: Whoa. Heckin. Actual. Sh**. *blink*

Am I allowed to keep that?

DrK
2021-01-21, 01:09 AM
Some nice rolls there!

Farmerbink
2021-01-21, 10:09 AM
In light of those rolls, I'm considering a controller monk build, though I haven't really decided against slayer yet.

He really needs every stat but charisma to function, and monks tend to be a big pile of steaming garbage, so perhaps I can take that 44 point buy and turn it into a contributing member who doesn't grossly overshadow anyone? On the other hand, the slayer would be unusually tacky and really good at killing things, but not really anything else. It's still hard to overshadow other players with that role, so I'm still considering both options.

The monk would be a maneuver master- specializing in trip and dirty trick maneuvers to keep the enemy off-balance, figuratively and otherwise. With stats like that, he'll be decent at damage as well, while covering the role of infiltrator effectively. With a trait investment, he can have disable device and largely function as a rogue replacement.

The slayer will be, well a slayer. I'm not super familiar with the class, to be honest, but I'm familiar with the concept. High BAB, access to combat style feats and sneak attack, plus 1/2 favored enemy bonuses vs everything. I'll either go vanilla or look for one of the particularly unfriendly archetypes that usually isn't an option. Edit: I'm really liking the vanguard archetype. Surprise round shenanigans and teamwork feats. I'll be good at helping people hammer stuff home, and will soon be able to basically always use sneak attack in the first few rounds of the fight. Dunno how well that will actually add up, but I like the idea of pushing it.

If anyone has suggestions or concerns, I'm always open to supporting party dynamics.
Edit: Still open to suggestions.

Bansheexero
2021-01-21, 07:58 PM
You could go Dronk (Druid Monk). I can't remember the name of it, but there is a build guide for that specific multiclass. It's fun being a bear that knows martial arts.

Edit - NVM, you'd have to be LN unless the GM wanted to ease alignment restrictions so you could be evil. Shame, a Blight Druid Monk would be interesting, maybe with Dead Hand Style or something like that plus, you know, a healer potentially.

Farmerbink
2021-01-21, 09:50 PM
In all fairness, my take is that neutrality has at least a few plausible explanations. While it's not the simplest explanation, I can see someone LN working with Asmodeus. Hell, he can have priests of that alignment. That's hardly a deal-breaker, on its face- unless DrK really wants it to be.

And yes, being a bear that knows kung fu is like, the dream, right? XD Excuse me while I google that build.

edit: so 1, yes that's a fabulous build.
but 2, I'm trying to not break DrK's game :smalleek: and I'm pretty sure the sheer volume of insanity there would do it.

Also, I just read your edit closer:
plus, you know, a healer potentially.
Psh. Healers are for chumps. :smallbiggrin:

But in all seriousness, I have like 4 active clerics right now. I really don't want to break out another...
Still, I appreciate the input. I tend to struggle making big decisions, and this is the most exciting decision I think I've ever made in a PF character. Couple that with the madness of a toddler and infant at home all day (while the wife works at yonder hospital), and well... I've got some headspace to work with, but not a lot of time. Couple minutes in the morning, couple hours at nap time, and an hour or so after (their) bedtime. At any rate, I'll have something hammered out probably no later than this weekend. If it really drags on, it might take until Monday night.

Bansheexero
2021-01-22, 04:14 PM
Oh snap, forgot to requisition having boots made from the crocodile skins we salvaged and getting the werecroc's head mounted.

DrK
2021-01-22, 05:11 PM
In all fairness, my take is that neutrality has at least a few plausible explanations. While it's not the simplest explanation, I can see someone LN working with Asmodeus. Hell, he can have priests of that alignment. That's hardly a deal-breaker, on its face- unless DrK really wants it to be.

And yes, being a bear that knows kung fu is like, the dream, right? XD Excuse me while I google that build.

edit: so 1, yes that's a fabulous build.
but 2, I'm trying to not break DrK's game :smalleek: and I'm pretty sure the sheer volume of insanity there would do it.

On the alignment note, I'm not that fussed about super strict alignment for monks etc... Only if you game the system to use mutally opposing ones, e.g. barbarian monks. If you'd like the monk or druid monk (though please not breaking the system mastery :smallsmile:) feel free and play an alignment and personality that is compatible with working towards an Asmodean/ Evil reign of terror over Talingrade

@DarkOne
- assume you got the +4 Comp bow. Ultimately the Cardinal isn't that fussed by the Gp limit and he liked the sign first ask questions later attitude

DarkOne-Rob
2021-01-23, 09:42 AM
Awesome! I will post in the IC thread later today or tomorrow, but I am excited to have the better bow (for when it will matter) and that my RP for Oghash is being well received!

Starbin
2021-01-23, 12:44 PM
Sorry I missed it but how long has it been since we arrived? Ahkmathi would work on studying more spells from the spell book ... or making scrolls, depending on the time. Not sure there’s a lot to purchase, but it will depend on our time available.

DrK
2021-01-23, 03:04 PM
Sorry I missed it but how long has it been since we arrived? Ahkmathi would work on studying more spells from the spell book ... or making scrolls, depending on the time. Not sure there’s a lot to purchase, but it will depend on our time available.

~2 days so he's had some time to sort a few things out

Farmerbink
2021-01-24, 10:02 PM
[roll0] (minimum 4?) for level 2 HP

DrK
2021-01-26, 05:25 PM
[roll0] (minimum 4?) for level 2 HP

Feel free to introduce yourself

Farmerbink
2021-02-03, 10:01 PM
Not sure if you wanted me to roll for this door, or if the instruction in discord was more general.

In case of the former:
[roll0] perception, looking for traps.
[roll1] disable device, if I find one. Caveat: I cannot disable magical traps.

Bansheexero
2021-02-04, 07:49 PM
I actually believe it would fall under Knowledge (Dungeoneering), which is probably the least used skill in any session I've run or played in.

DrK
2021-02-05, 05:56 PM
As there is "risk" involved in traps I'd say no to taking 20 on trap checks.

As for the fungus, yes indeed, that is a Know (dungeoneering) check.

I'll let any skill checks roll before I update

Farmerbink
2021-02-05, 05:57 PM
As I recall, the risk is in failing the disable check, not the perception?

Regardless:
[roll0] eastern door
[roll1] southern door

DrK
2021-02-05, 06:05 PM
The eastern door has a suspicious crack in the ceiling that looks like an axe blade may fall from the ceiling and hit the person by the door....

Starbin
2021-02-05, 09:33 PM
Damn fat fingers [roll0]

DrK
2021-02-07, 06:18 AM
Just from curiosity how many people in the game have played through these sections before?

DarkOne-Rob
2021-02-07, 02:23 PM
It has been at least six years, maybe seven since I played this AP. We did it in person and my PC was a Wizard, I think, so very different experience. I don't remember much and welcome any changes you feel are worth making!

Farmerbink
2021-02-07, 10:11 PM
I've done it, but it's been a few years also. Thought it was the vial, tbh, but I wasn't sure.

Starbin
2021-02-08, 12:23 AM
I’ve been through, so if you need to change it up, feel free. But I like to think I’m good at protecting the player-character knowledge barrier.

Farmerbink
2021-02-08, 02:16 PM
lol, I don't really remember what's coming anyway. I seem to be recalling things as we get to them, at best. XD

DrK
2021-02-08, 04:57 PM
Good stuff. I wasn't too sure how familiar everyone is with the adventure path :smallsmile:

Athaleon
2021-02-09, 06:08 PM
I have done the jailbreak several times, but the games always die before we reach the manor.

DrK
2021-02-10, 08:31 AM
I have done the jailbreak several times, but the games always die before we reach the manor.

That's been my experience for the most part as well. Part of the reason why i skipped the prison break

DrK
2021-02-11, 05:29 PM
Do Salem and Oghash wish to act in this opening round?

Starbin
2021-02-11, 06:39 PM
Another quick question - anyone have a light ... spell?

DarkOne-Rob
2021-02-11, 09:59 PM
Stvari didn't really say what was wrong and Oghash won't be able to see, so she's not really jumping at the opportunity to stick her face into it...I'll toss up a post to ready an attack on any enemies leaving the darkness...

DrK
2021-02-14, 03:33 AM
So who is going to run in and try and smash the dragon glass orb?

DarkOne-Rob
2021-02-14, 11:20 AM
I vote the only one who can see it...

Starbin
2021-02-14, 02:24 PM
Ditto :smallbiggrin:

But if those lanterns we took help, cool beans.

Farmerbink
2021-02-14, 02:27 PM
I was more referring to the "burn thy adversary to ashes" part :smallwink:

DrK
2021-02-14, 05:11 PM
Ditto :smallbiggrin:

But if those lanterns we took help, cool beans.

You'll know the lanterns won't overcome the darkness spell

Starbin
2021-02-14, 06:04 PM
But they do have flames inside, right?

DrK
2021-02-15, 06:44 AM
But they do have flames inside, right?

yes they do. little oil lanterns

Starbin
2021-02-15, 10:14 PM
Sigh ... do I need to reroll? Or can we call that a 20?

DrK
2021-02-16, 10:26 AM
Ahkmathi knows all!

Its Has DR vs magic weapons so can just be chopped through
It's vulnerable to fire
Its amorphous so immune to crits / flanking etc...
It can drain blood with its touch

If you pour the lantern oil on something and light it, it would be flaming (well +1d4 fire) for a round

Starbin
2021-02-16, 07:03 PM
I was hoping to light her axe before she ran in ...

DarkOne-Rob
2021-02-16, 08:34 PM
The post-order made that difficult...that and I didn't get a chance to post in response before a DM post. Perhaps we can apply it this round?

Starbin
2021-02-16, 09:11 PM
Sure... if Oghash wants to leave melee :smallbiggrin:

Ahkmathi prefers to remain out of the mist ...

Bansheexero
2021-02-16, 11:40 PM
Sorry, asleep at the wheel first round, most of my games are in a lull and/or dying, so was lax in checking updates.

DrK
2021-02-20, 04:09 AM
Poor Salem, the demands for healing have arrived :smalleek:

All the big hits just chopped right through that mist's DR! Poor vampiric mist. Are you guys thinking door to the North or door to the east?
(you arrived from the west)

Farmerbink
2021-02-20, 10:51 PM
Great question for the results of the perception checks!

North door: [roll0]
East door: [roll1]

DrK
2021-02-28, 01:59 PM
So current state of play....

Surprise round
Svarti opened the door
Oghash charged and attack
Ahkmathi offered encouragement
Salem shot it
Sarris to go still

Round 1
- Salem to take his round 1
- Sarris to take his round 1
Then I hope the wolverine lives to take its turn!

Farmerbink
2021-02-28, 03:23 PM
Just posting this to say 1: I approve and 2: the helping my brother move has been even more demanding than I expected. I'll be back.... eventually. XD

Bansheexero
2021-03-03, 11:43 AM
Little furball just barely beat my AC

Bansheexero
2021-03-11, 07:24 PM
Any signs of life, or is this game dead?

DarkOne-Rob
2021-03-11, 08:20 PM
Dead? I think we have posts from yesterday at the latest...? Maybe this post was in error?

DrK
2021-03-12, 04:02 PM
Any signs of life, or is this game dead?

Been a lttle slower thios week due to some work stuff but not dead

Dead? I think we have posts from yesterday at the latest...? Maybe this post was in error?

I hope so!

@ ALL

Can I have some perception tests please if you are looking around

@Athaleon/Salem
THe detect magic picks up faint evocation from the lantern (likley a continual flame) but no other magic in the room

Farmerbink
2021-03-12, 10:20 PM
[roll0]
Stvari's perception

Bansheexero
2021-03-12, 11:31 PM
Kind of got wires crossed with my other game, which has slowed considerably. Trying to find a new game to take its place, as I prefer to have at least 3 games going simultaneously. Ironically, this has actually gone down since COVID, as I used to go with 4 or 5 at a pop.

Starbin
2021-03-14, 01:11 AM
Just in case ... [roll0]

DrK
2021-03-21, 08:28 AM
So the undead door or the stealth door?

DarkOne-Rob
2021-03-21, 12:51 PM
Oghash is not a stealth-focused PC, so she would want to re-kill undead. Just my 2 cp.

Farmerbink
2021-03-21, 04:04 PM
So I misunderstood and it took me a few re-reads to follow your question.

I also vote for the undead door. As I understand it, that one was behind a hidden door (which was obviously not labeled) already? The *other* door is the "secrecy is greatest ally" door, right?

DrK
2021-03-22, 05:42 PM
So I misunderstood and it took me a few re-reads to follow your question.

I also vote for the undead door. As I understand it, that one was behind a hidden door (which was obviously not labeled) already? The *other* door is the "secrecy is greatest ally" door, right?

Yes that is correct. It would appear that he undead door was hidden behind the secret door and the secrecy was the other door in plain sight

Bansheexero
2021-04-18, 12:55 AM
Hopefully their flatfooted AC is low enough for me to make an impact.

Starbin
2021-04-18, 11:46 PM
We should be light in the room. Ahkmathi used a mage hand to bring in the lanterns from one of the previous rooms.

Bansheexero
2021-04-21, 11:07 PM
Well, possible crit, but I doubt it confirmed

DrK
2021-04-22, 03:58 PM
Well, possible crit, but I doubt it confirmed

That is a crit, well done :smallsmile:

With that and Oghash's massive strike two are very dead! We'll let Salem and Akhmathi join the party

Bansheexero
2021-04-26, 12:53 AM
Swing and a miss for me it seems. Hopefully somebody else can put it down before it causes any more damage.

Bansheexero
2021-04-27, 09:17 AM
Pretty sure Oghash obliterated her target with how much damage she did, not sure what Stvari is attacking.

Farmerbink
2021-04-27, 09:37 AM
Pretty sure Oghash obliterated her target with how much damage she did, not sure what Stvari is attacking.

Busy not paying enough attention. Stvari can close to help Sarris instead. :smalleek:

Bansheexero
2021-04-27, 12:40 PM
Busy not paying enough attention. Stvari can close to help Sarris instead. :smalleek:

Lol, it's fine, I just had this image of a dwarf smashing into random meat pulp. I forget if it was this game or a different one, but I mixed up two different campaigns, which resulted in odd reactions.

Bansheexero
2021-05-14, 09:32 AM
Well, Sarris is impatient and would most likely just stab the guy in this situation. However, this trial has caused considerable harm to party, so he is reticent to take point.

Farmerbink
2021-05-14, 01:19 PM
heh, I'm inclined to do the same, tbh.

DrK
2021-05-14, 03:56 PM
If you want to start the fight let me know and we can get some initiative rolls done - everyone is suspicious here to not get surprise rounds

DarkOne-Rob
2021-05-14, 04:58 PM
This may be a case of real-life players not being able to post - the more talkative/sociable members of the party haven't all gotten to post, have they?

Bansheexero
2021-05-14, 06:58 PM
This may be a case of real-life players not being able to post - the more talkative/sociable members of the party haven't all gotten to post, have they?

Hence part of my reticence.

DrK
2021-05-20, 03:32 PM
Not yet. I'm WFH tomorrow so can avoid the work firewall so I'll update tomorrow to move us along

Bansheexero
2021-05-21, 08:39 AM
Is anybody else going to speak? Seems our social characters are MIA

Athaleon
2021-05-22, 12:21 AM
Is anybody else going to speak? Seems our social characters are MIA

If that's the case we might as well go into Initiative and see who's still swinging.

DarkOne-Rob
2021-05-22, 03:39 PM
See, I'm hesitant because Oghash is at single-digit HPs. She will go all-out, for probably one round, before getting cut down unless someone can con this guy into healing her first...

Bansheexero
2021-05-25, 01:30 AM
Rolling initiative for combat, since nobody else is going to try bluffing it seems. [roll0]

Bansheexero
2021-05-31, 10:22 AM
Calling the cloak of resistance

Farmerbink
2021-06-04, 04:01 PM
You mentioned level 3 on Discord. I started the process, and wanted to verify that we're good to level up before I make all the changes.

[roll0] min 4 for level 3 HP

DrK
2021-06-04, 05:54 PM
Yup, bring on level 3

Bansheexero
2021-06-05, 06:55 PM
Did not realize there is a discord, could I get a link?

DrK
2021-06-06, 02:17 AM
Did not realize there is a discord, could I get a link?

Its on Farmebink/DarkoOne's server, but I'm not sure how to find the link?

Also for all Level 3

Once this scene is complete I shall post with a training montage as the cardinal gives you some additional training. You may also then all choose an additional trait from the following list.
Please let me know what you are selecting at level 3 along with any other exciting level up activities....

“Asmodeus is with you.” Adrastus Thorn indoctrinates you into the deeper mysteries of worshiping the Prince of Hell. Whenever you channel energy, you gain a +1 trait bonus to the save DC of your channeled energy.

“Deception is a tool. Master it.” Adrastus Thorn teaches you the subtle arts of deception and how to sense when they are being used against you. You gain a +1 trait bonus to Bluff and Sense Motive.

“Discover what is real and what is illusion.” Adrastus has taught you to see through deceptions and to never lie to yourself. You gain a +2 trait bonus on saving throws against illusions.

“Fear nothing save our dread lord.” Adrastus Thorn has shown you fear and taught you to master it within yourself. You gain a +2 trait bonus on saving throws against fear effects.

“Focus strengthens your will.” Adrastus Thorn drills you on ways to avoid magic that seek to take control of your mind and divert you from your mission. You gain a +2 trait bonus on saving throws against charm and compulsion effects.

“Let us perfect your favorite spell” Adrastus Thorn drills you again and again in the use of one particular spell. Pick one spell. This spell’s effects manifest at +1 caster level.

“Quiet as death” The Cardinal trained in the arts of being silent and stealthy. You gain a +2 trait bonus to Stealth checks.

“Strike first, strike ruthlessly and thus be victorious” Cardinal Thorn has taught you never to shirk or hesitate in a combat. You gain a +2 trait bonus on Initiative checks.

“Wear your armor like a second skin.” You have drilled extensively in wearing armor in combat. When you wear armor of any sort, reduce that suit’s armor check penalty by 1 to a minimum check penalty of 0.

“You shall be my angel slayer.” Adrastus thorn spends exhausting amounts of time teaching you about good celestials, their strengths and weaknesses. You gain a +2 trait bonus on Knowledge (planes) checks about good-aligned celestials and receive a +1 trait bonus to any damage roll you make against them.

EDIT:

ALso, Starbin has reached out and let me know due to some real life stuff he won't be continuing in the game. This means we are down to 4, the bloodrager, the monk, the cavalier and the inquistitor. Are you happy as a 4-some or would you like to add 1-2 more players or a DM-NPC into the mix?

Bansheexero
2021-06-06, 03:58 PM
Rolling hit die [roll0]

Edit: Since trait bonuses don't stack, taking the +2 saves vs Illusions, otherwise the buff to initiative would have been preferable.

DarkOne-Rob
2021-06-06, 04:05 PM
Its on Farmerbink/DarkOne's server, but I'm not sure how to find the link?
Discord Link (https://discord.gg/mcrvevU4)

I will be leveling up Oghash today. Not yet sure on the additional trait, but I will not it when done.

Re: loosing Starbin - that is unfortunate! I think we will really need some spellcasting support. Having done the DM-PC thing before, I don't recommend it. I am not sure who to recommend as an arcane caster, but I do think we should find at least one additional player, potentially two. An additional PC with healing capabilities would be welcome too.

“Discover what is real and what is illusion.” Adrastus has taught you to see through deceptions and to never lie to yourself. You gain a +2 trait bonus on saving throws against illusions.

“Fear nothing save our dread lord.” Adrastus Thorn has shown you fear and taught you to master it within yourself. You gain a +2 trait bonus on saving throws against fear effects.

“Focus strengthens your will.” Adrastus Thorn drills you on ways to avoid magic that seek to take control of your mind and divert you from your mission. You gain a +2 trait bonus on saving throws against charm and compulsion effects.

“Wear your armor like a second skin.” You have drilled extensively in wearing armor in combat. When you wear armor of any sort, reduce that suit’s armor check penalty by 1 to a minimum check penalty of 0.

“You shall be my angel slayer.” Adrastus thorn spends exhausting amounts of time teaching you about good celestials, their strengths and weaknesses. You gain a +2 trait bonus on Knowledge (planes) checks about good-aligned celestials and receive a +1 trait bonus to any damage roll you make against them.
All of these sounds good for Oghash, but for very different reasons. Do any of the other Players have recommendations?

Defensively, I can see the saving throw bonuses to be excellent - Oghash's weakest save is actually Reflex, but Will is only one point better. As she levels up and becomes more dangerous, keeping her properly under control will become pretty important...

Improving the Armor Check Penalty is sort of an in-between option - a little of defense and offense, depending on the circumstances of a skill check. Right now her ACP is -4, a -3 is significantly better, but not enough to make her a sneaky-sneak...

More damage is always good for someone like Oghash. The skill bonus won't help at all, cause I don't intend to make her intellectual on any level, but the +1 to damage vs good outsiders could be great in this campaign.

DarkOne-Rob
2021-06-06, 04:30 PM
Sorry for the double-post. HPs for Oghash - [roll0] 5 (average, rounded down) plus Constitution and other bonuses. Total of ten (10) additional HPs at all times, and an additional +3 HPs when bloodraging.

Oghash gains "Blood Sanctuary (+2 vs friendly spell effects)" from being a Bloodrager, and "Touch of Rage (Sp): Standard Action, touch a creature to give morale bonus on attack, rolls, and Will saving throws. (+1/2 character level (1 at this level) for 1 round, 4/day)."

She will be taking ranks in the following adventure skills: Acrobatics, Climb, Perception, Sense Motive, Stealth, and Swim.
Background skills - Linguistics (Infernal) and Appraise. I intend to have her learn Infernal to highlight her commitment to joining the Asmodean church.

Are there any treasures gained from our trip into the dungeon beyond Sir Balin's gear? Did I miss anything? It's been a while and I could easily have missed something noteworthy...

Bansheexero
2021-06-07, 08:55 PM
Going along with the Westernized theme, taking Bastard Sword for Weapon Expertise. Doesn't mean much at the moment outside of Quick Draw, main pull will be for Weapon Specialization later. Also taking Celestial with my Background Skill (Linguistics). My feat is Furious Focus, which should allow for some free oomph for a bit. Not sure how much of an update you need, but sheet should be done.

DrK
2021-06-08, 04:35 PM
So... before you board the ship. Feel free to access 1000gp worth of stuff frmo the Cardinal's stash. To "buy" yourself some equipment - ignore training time or writing time if you are getting spells, you've had 6 weeks of training

THen ask him any questions and make skill checks

Farmerbink
2021-06-08, 08:20 PM
@DarkOne: I am leaning strongly towards "fear nothing" for Stvari. It will fit with his stoic (if a hair incorrigible) demeanor. Just for the sake of variety and distinction, I would encourage you elsewhere. Perhaps charm or illusion could serve as a more immediate "weakness" for Adrastus to want to shore up.

Starbin
2021-06-09, 02:33 AM
[roll0] or 3

For items, looking at buying four 2nd level scrolls (to transfer), making some scrolls to carry (~seven 1st level and four 2nd level) to carry, and two spring loaded wrist sheaths (if I can use them with a scroll)

Athaleon
2021-06-09, 11:35 AM
Level 3 bonuses for Salem:

+[roll0] HP
+1 1st-level spell prepared
+1 BAB
+1 Reflex
Warpriest Bonus Feat: Deadly Aim
Level 3 Feat: Fiendish Obedience

Increase Knowledge (Religion), Perception, Profession (Soldier), Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Stealth, & Survival by 1 rank each. Gained 1 rank in Spellcraft so that it is now trained.

Bonus Campaign Trait: “Strike first, strike ruthlessly and thus be victorious” seems most in line with his martial ethos, and a good mechanical bonus to boot.

Gear:

500g: Masterwork Composite (1) Longbow
250g: Masterwork Chain Shirt

If possible, can we pool our "extra" gold for a Wand of Cure Light Wounds?

Starbin
2021-06-09, 01:29 PM
[roll0] or 3

For items, looking at buying four 2nd level scrolls (to add), making some scrolls to carry (three 1st level and two 2nd level) to carry, and two spring loaded wrist sheaths (if I can use them with a scroll)

I’m down with a community CLW wand. I’ll throw 200 in. Changes to purchases above

DarkOne-Rob
2021-06-09, 01:46 PM
Strongly support a CLW wand. Maybe two. Oghash will pay her fair share.

Bansheexero
2021-06-10, 12:42 PM
Contemplating if I want to improve armor yet or get a decent assortment of potions.

DarkOne-Rob
2021-06-10, 10:58 PM
Feel free to access 1000gp worth of stuff from the Cardinal's stash. To "buy" yourself some equipment...
I will take some time to look at this. Gut reaction is 200 GP to help with the wand of CLW and then see what else makes sense. I will post more details when I can.

@DarkOne: I am leaning strongly towards "fear nothing" for Stvari. It will fit with his stoic (if a hair incorrigible) demeanor. Just for the sake of variety and distinction, I would encourage you elsewhere. Perhaps charm or illusion could serve as a more immediate "weakness" for Adrastus to want to shore up.
I'll go with charm-prevention, I think. Part of me really likes the idea of more damage, but that's probably overkill...

Farmerbink
2021-06-11, 04:13 PM
So... before you board the ship. Feel free to access 1000gp worth of stuff frmo the Cardinal's stash. To "buy" yourself some equipment -

I'll need some time on this one also. I'm honestly not even sure what gear a monk would need; the only item I know is more expensive than that.

Starbin
2021-06-11, 04:37 PM
I can think of a few things ... potions could help, boots of the cat are awesome for falls early on, and if you but a wand of mage armor, Ahkmathi will cast it on you :smallcool:

Bansheexero
2021-06-11, 06:40 PM
Really not sure what to do with my gold, no real point until I can either afford some form of mithral armor or a magic weapon, so wondering if I can bank maybe 500 and donate 500 to the group for the CLW wand.

DrK
2021-06-16, 07:52 AM
You can certainly ask for 500gp in cash / gems if you want as ready cash. Thats not a problem. I'll start moving things along as you guys can sort out pirchases here or in the discord in the background.

Farmerbink
2021-06-16, 03:52 PM
It's lame, but I've settled on a cloak of resistance +1. Kinda bummed that the only decent item I can afford further loads a strength, but it's hard to be too upset about solidly high saves in all categories, with a whole laundry list of situational bonuses to lay on top. :-)

Unrelated, I'm good to move on to the next day(s)

Athaleon
2021-06-17, 12:58 AM
I may have to change Salem's purchases a bit, depending on the cost of the ruby dagger (or at least a metal one with ruby fragments in the edge) needed for Asmodeus (https://aonprd.com/DeityDisplay.aspx?ItemName=Asmodeus)' Fiendish Obedience. IC post coming soon, not as long as I'd like but best to keep things moving.

DarkOne-Rob
2021-06-20, 02:34 PM
A single wand of Cure Light Wounds, caster level 1, costs 750 GP. As noted below we have at least 1,100 GP worth offered up by the party members.

500g: Masterwork Composite (1) Longbow
250g: Masterwork Chain Shirt
If possible, can we pool our "extra" gold for a Wand of Cure Light Wounds?
Salem will have 50 GP left after buying gear and putting 200 GP in for the CLW Wand.

I’m down with a community CLW wand. I’ll throw 200 in. Changes to purchases above

Really not sure what to do with my gold, no real point until I can either afford some form of mithral armor or a magic weapon, so wondering if I can bank maybe 500 and donate 500 to the group for the CLW wand.
Oghash will put in 200 GP.

Given all this, do we want to buy some potions instead? In case those capable of using the wand are unconscious and need resuscitating? I recommend we do something like one wand of CLW (750 GP), and then seven potions of CLW (50 GP each, divide them up amongst the party for in-combat triage and keep a couple on hand to heal unconscious healers). How does this sound?

You can certainly ask for 500gp in cash / gems if you want as ready cash. That's not a problem. I'll start moving things along as you guys can sort out purchases here or in the discord in the background.
Can we spend 500 GP and then take that much in cash too?

I'm leaning towards having Oghash spend 200 GP on healing (wand or potions or both), and a Ioun Torch (https://aonprd.com/MagicWondrousDisplay.aspx?FinalName=Ioun%20Torch) (75 GP). This would leave 500 GP in cash and only "waste" 225 GP. Anyone else have any good ideas for the rager?

Starbin
2021-06-23, 08:22 PM
Potions and wand make sense to me. Ahk would carry 2. As for rager items, all the primo ones are more expensive. I always like simple items like Boots of the Cat which give you some flavor mechanics like leaping out of a building and taking min damage - Supervillain landing! Or if you intend to grapple, armbands of the brawler for a +1.

There’s always consumables that might be worth it for Oghash, too. Weapon blanch, alchemist fire, acid flasks, or even elixirs of swimming.

DrK
2021-06-24, 12:39 AM
@DarkOne

Yup you can request the cash if you want, that’s not a problem. The cardinal understands cash for bribes and contingency can be useful

DarkOne-Rob
2021-06-27, 05:40 PM
There’s always consumables that might be worth it for Oghash, too. Weapon blanch, alchemist fire, acid flasks, or even elixirs of swimming.
I like the idea of an Elixir of Swimming (https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/e-g/elixir-of-swimming/), given we're on a boat. I'll get one of them and one less potion.

So, Oghash is spending her 1,000 GP as follows - 475 GP in cash, one Elixir of Swimming (250 GP), 200 GP to the healing fund (keeping on potion of CLW for herself), and one Ioun Torch (75 GP), subject to DM final approval.

Regarding the approaching boat, I think we have two conflicting concerns - the immediate desire to avoid issues on the way to our errand and giving away our powers to the captain, since we intend to kill him too.

Do we open up hard, possibly throwing magical artillery to try and start a fire or something on the enemy boat, or do we plan to ambush them with extreme, melee violence once the Mitrans board the longboat?

Starbin
2021-06-27, 07:21 PM
Always the question. I think we need to deal with the boat eventually - it’s faster than us, so can either chase us down or go warn folks - both of which are back. We need to sucker them in and take them. If we we had a good bluffer, I’d say we play it cool and fun our way out of it ... but with one or two of y’all sneaking onto the ship to light a fire or put a hole in the hull. I suppose an enlarged, swimming Oghash could do that from the outside too.

Funny thing is that even if we show our abilities, we can still fake these guys out ... for example, right before we attack, we switch disguises and they send their mage killers after the OG killer herself. Or we all turn into the same figure. Or turn into sailors. Those curlers can be really effective if we think it through.

My vote is to let them close ... ideally get them w/in axe range, then figure a way to sink their ship and kill their troops (w/as little risk to us as possible). I’ll leave the actual maritime tactics to someone who knows better than I.

:smallbiggrin:

DrK
2021-07-02, 06:44 AM
@Darkone
The sea is relatively calm out here with a steady current its a base DC15 to splash about effectively

@Starbin
Some people do trade with the Yutak people of Seal island (although not that many)

Starbin
2021-07-02, 11:21 AM
So if we were in agreement to let them get spose, Ahkmathi was going to cast a silent image to effectively cloak our group (and living space) from the boarders ... and perhaps some of the crew, to look undersized/undermanned.

Perhaps during that time we could enlarge our rager and let her slip over the side and swim over during the inspection. If that’s what the party wants to do ...

Farmerbink
2021-07-02, 01:50 PM
So if we were in agreement to let them get spose, Ahkmathi was going to cast a silent image to effectively cloak our group (and living space) from the boarders ... and perhaps some of the crew, to look undersized/undermanned.

Perhaps during that time we could enlarge our rager and let her slip over the side and swim over during the inspection. If that’s what the party wants to do ...

I love this idea and approve wholeheartedly. Assuming we're holding to the idea that Oghash isn't actively looking for an opportunity to backstab Stvari, the Dwarf would gladly volunteer to join her. He's got a +8 swim mod, so it's a fairly safe bet he can get there. ((I'm assuming before combat taking 10 is allowable?))

DarkOne-Rob
2021-07-02, 06:49 PM
She's looking for Stvari to betray them - at which point she would attack with gross violence. However, she won't make the first move. You're safe, bro!

Also, I am game for this plan, given the DC 15 Swim check.

DarkOne-Rob
2021-07-07, 06:46 AM
Is Oghash enlarged? Or did we skip that? I'm fine either way, though not sure how that will influence climbing out of the water...

DrK
2021-07-07, 06:51 AM
I’m okay if she was enlarged retrospectively

Farmerbink
2021-07-07, 10:35 AM
I didn't consider the likeliness of needing another stealth:
[roll0]

Also, It seems to me that (assuming successful stealth), Stvari and Oghash would be starting the fight? Seems to me we would have worked out a clear sign ahead of time, but worst case scenario, when the screaming starts the folks on our boat will figure it out, eh?

Starbin
2021-07-07, 04:40 PM
I’ll let Dark One make the call being enlarged ... it’ll last 3 min.

@FB - Agreed that a prearranged signal to start the festivities is in order - whether a war cry or death scream doesn’t matter to me :smallsmile:

@DrK - I thought the plan was for our team to stay behind a silent image veil ... so as not to show our hand at disguises just yet and hide the strength of our combined crew.

DarkOne-Rob
2021-07-07, 07:36 PM
I’ll let Dark One make the call being enlarged ... it’ll last 3 min.

@FB - Agreed that a prearranged signal to start the festivities is in order - whether a war cry or death scream doesn’t matter to me :smallsmile:
I will take the Enlarge Person spell. Estimate that maybe 2 minutes are left?

Cue incoming!

Bansheexero
2021-07-10, 07:10 PM
Well, that was a bust, rolled a natural 2. Unless the officer solely relies on Dex for AC, then it is a miss.

Starbin
2021-07-10, 07:42 PM
Well, that was a bust, rolled a natural 2. Unless the officer solely relies on Dex for AC, then it is a miss.

Or a hit ... that bounces off his armor :smallsmile:

Starbin
2021-07-11, 04:18 AM
Sorry for the double post ... forgot my initiative
[roll0]

EDIT: That awesome rolling ...

Bansheexero
2021-07-11, 12:50 PM
Forgot my initiative as well [roll0]

DrK
2021-07-12, 07:55 AM
[roll0] for some colour spray saves

DrK
2021-07-12, 08:11 AM
AoO [roll0] dam [roll1]

DrK
2021-07-14, 08:45 AM
The deck of the ship is getting messy.
Oghash and Stavri likely killed 3 more with their attacks and AoO!

Farmerbink
2021-07-14, 12:46 PM
The deck of the ship is getting messy.
Oghash and Stavri likely killed 3 more with their attacks and AoO!

:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Just like we like it!

Does this mean like acrobatics checks to keep our balance or something?

DrK
2021-07-15, 05:23 AM
:smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Just like we like it!

Does this mean like acrobatics checks to keep our balance or something?

Thankfully the mechanics of pathfinder don't need slippery blood checks. But the deck of the ship will be a bit "red misty", especially from the axe strikes that are doing enough damage to drop the poor sailors to below -10, so obliterating them

DarkOne-Rob
2021-07-15, 12:02 PM
/Evil chuckle. :smallamused: