PDA

View Full Version : Character idea for Gritty game where 6th level is max.

MThurston
2020-10-03, 07:24 AM
Ok.
Thinking of making a 1st level fighter 5 level hexblade warlock.

I take zero spells cantrips that require Cha based saves. Only hex with protection spells and movement spells.

Improved Pact weapon, Thirsting Blade and Eldritch Smite.

Standard or point buy.

Str 17
Dex 8
Con 16
Int 10
Wis 12
Cha 13

Would take +1 Str and +1 Wis for my one bump at Warlock level 4.

I would take Mage Hand, Prestigitation ??spelling, Hex, the cold armor spell AoA I think are the initials, misty step, mirror image, remove curse.

Fighter would take the fighting style that adds +1 to armor. This way I can make a greatsword for my pact weapon and only loss 1 AC.

Cast a hex and attack. When I crit drop a Eldritch Smite. Would be 8d8 plus 4d6 + 4 damage.

I think hex lasts 8 hours at 5th level so could take a short rest and have 2 spells ready.

This is just a rebel dwarf that found a different way to do combat damage.

What do you think?

Daphne
2020-10-03, 09:11 AM
You need 13 CHA to multiclass into Warlock.

MThurston
2020-10-03, 12:52 PM
Any ideas on making him pure hand to hand combat than what I have now?

Frogreaver
2020-10-03, 01:11 PM
Ok.
Thinking of making a 1st level fighter 5 level hexblade warlock.

I take zero spells cantrips that require Cha based saves. Only hex with protection spells and movement spells.

Improved Pact weapon, Thirsting Blade and Eldritch Smite.

Standard or point buy.

Str 17
Dex 8
Con 16
Int 10
Wis 12
Cha 13

Would take +1 Str and +1 Wis for my one bump at Warlock level 4.

I would take Mage Hand, Prestigitation ??spelling, Hex, the cold armor spell AoA I think are the initials, misty step, mirror image, remove curse.

Fighter would take the fighting style that adds +1 to armor. This way I can make a greatsword for my pact weapon and only loss 1 AC.

Cast a hex and attack. When I crit drop a Eldritch Smite. Would be 8d8 plus 4d6 + 4 damage.

I think hex lasts 8 hours at 5th level so could take a short rest and have 2 spells ready.

This is just a rebel dwarf that found a different way to do combat damage.

What do you think?

I guess the question is what warlock subclass? If hexblade why not go high charisma instead of strength?

MThurston
2020-10-03, 01:16 PM
Hexblade for the crit. Cha would be to costly. Best I could do is 15. Also need str for heavy armor.

Frogreaver
2020-10-03, 01:34 PM
Hexblade for the crit. Cha would be to costly. Best I could do is 15. Also need str for heavy armor.

Why heavy armor instead of medium?

Consider with medium your stat array would look something like:

10 str
14 dex
14 con
10 int
12 wis
17 cha

Level 4 you take elven accuracy.

You get +3 initiative compared to your heavy armor setup, +3 dex saves, +3 stealth and super advantage.

EDIT: Nevermind you wanted a Dwarf.

rlc
2020-10-03, 03:46 PM
Dwarves don't need the strength minimum for heavy armor, and fighters can be strength or dexterity 13 to multiclass.
And the hill dwarf's +1 to wisdom pairs well with resilient (wisdom), if you think you'll need that.
Then again, if all you're getting to is level 6, then you'll probably want to play as a character that actually uses wisdom, if you're investing into it that much.