PDA

View Full Version : Multiclass

T2334
2020-10-04, 07:11 PM
Hi all.
I知 an Arcane Trickster looking at multiclassing into Ranger. Would I be able to learn a new language as a result of the multiclass? Also, if I知 proficient in stealth already, May I choose stealth from the skill list of Ranger to essentially double my proficiency in stealth or would I need to pick something I知 not proficient in?

Aett_Thorn
2020-10-04, 07:51 PM
For the proficiency, you壇 need to pick something else. Unless a feature specifically gives you the ability to double up a proficiency, you cannot take the same one twice.

As for the language, if Ranger gives you a free language proficiency (I知 away from book right now), then you壇 get it. Otherwise, no. Check the multiclassing section of the PHB to check.

bid
2020-10-04, 09:32 PM
If you look at the ranger multiclassing proficiencies table on p164, you only gain one skill from the ranger class. You get better armor, better weapons, but no language.

AttilatheYeon
2020-10-04, 09:44 PM
If you look at the ranger multiclassing proficiencies table on p164, you only gain one skill from the ranger class. You get better armor, better weapons, but no language.

He may get a language from favored enemy depending on his choice of enemy.