PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Pathfinder Jr.

Bartmanhomer
2020-10-04, 09:09 PM
Is there a Pathfinder Book only designed for younger players? (12 years old or younger)

Rynjin
2020-10-04, 09:16 PM
Not STRICTLY, but the Pathfinder Beginner Box is made for similar purposes.

stack
2020-10-05, 01:45 PM
There were some 3pp modules released that were aimed at younger players. Trail of the Apprentice by Legendary games. May be others as well.

gijoemike
2020-10-05, 02:25 PM
What is your intent with this?

1) Do you want G rated module for kids?

2) Do you want to ease said kids into table top gaming?

3) Why Pathfinder specifically?

4) Do you want a general framework and you will add to it from there?

Tell us your intent and we can help you reach your goal.

CharonsHelper
2020-10-05, 03:00 PM

This is the big one. Arguably D&D 5e is in many ways a simpler/streamlined version of Pathfinder. (IMO - D&D 5e was largely a streamlined version of 3.5, though with bits of the other editions mixed into the pot.)

And if you're willing to do the legwork and do the GMing & math at the table, Pathfinder is doable for younger kids. I ran a couple adventures for my nephews & niece when they were 10ish-14ish and had a lot of fun. (I don't remember the exact ages.) The middle one went on and played 5e a bunch in high school and I'd assume likely still plays in college (freshman this year).

Bartmanhomer
2020-10-05, 03:24 PM
What is your intent with this?

1) Do you want a G rated module for kids?

2) Do you want to ease said kids into tabletop gaming?

4) Do you want a general framework and you will add to it from there?

Tell us your intent and we can help you reach your goal.

I was just being curious if there a Pathfinder version for kids. Pathfinder is a very popular RPG.

gijoemike
2020-10-05, 03:46 PM
Ah, well then, the beginner box is your best bet. Smaller subset of the rules, short adventure, and all in a neat package.

I have always found doing a small home brew adventure on rails works best for beginners. Too many options gives the analysis paralysis and they lose interest.

Kurald Galain
2020-10-05, 03:58 PM
Is there a Pathfinder Book only designed for younger players? (12 years old or younger)

I suggest the Pathfinder Quest adventures from PFS; they're a series of one-hour adventures meant to teach new players the basics. They should work well with younger kids, too. Also, they have pregens.