PDA

View Full Version : About V's Gend... I mean, four words (Spoilerish)

MBV
2007-11-02, 11:18 AM
Hi, I was just thinking about V's 4 words that are supposed to give him ultimate arcane power, Sorry if this has been said before, recently joined up and all that.

What I came up with is, isn't it possible for V to replace Xykon as the needed arcane caster, and Durkon to replace Redcloak as the divine caster, and that they will remake the gates together, only V uses the ritual to selfishly gain ultimate power? I know you need to be be of epic level before you can manipulate a rift, but I doubt the comic will end before they hit epic-level anyway, so.....discuss?

NerfTW
2007-11-02, 12:06 PM
I don't think V is stupid enough to try and control the Snarl. She might tamper with the fabric of reality, but I don't think he'd risk destroying it completely. Most other ways of screwing up leave open the option of fixing it.

But that would be interesting. :smallamused:

Regneva
2007-11-02, 12:17 PM
I believe It would be something regarding the gods of the OOTSverse. It MUST be

Think about it. Who has ULTIMATE ARCANE POWER..?

Tal9922
2007-11-02, 12:19 PM
Excuse me, can you please direct me to the comic where it says that you need an arcane and divine Spellcaster for the gates?

Goofy
2007-11-02, 12:21 PM
"I'm not actually married."

Lira
2007-11-02, 12:34 PM
Excuse me, can you please direct me to the comic where it says that you need an arcane and divine Spellcaster for the gates?Read SoD. It's explained in there.

Lissou
2007-11-02, 12:49 PM
"I'm not actually married."

That's five words.
"I'm" can't count as one word, it's always two, even if it's shortened.

Then again, the Giant did make that mistake with Julia and the 25 words max, so that's possible. Or, alternatively, "I am not married" works as well.

And I won't try to guess what the four words are going to be.
Right now, I'm wondering... "four words ONLY?! How is that possible?".
I mean, it's V we're talking about.

NerfTW
2007-11-02, 01:10 PM
-edit- on second thought, why spoil anything about SoD. Just go buy it, you won't regret it.

Blayze
2007-11-02, 01:18 PM
It was never stated that V would say *just* four words, IIRC. The way I see it, V will go off on a mad, ranting tangent, and four of the words he says will be the ones that get him Ultimate Arcane Power (TM).

bluish_wolf
2007-11-02, 01:18 PM
That's five words.
"I'm" can't count as one word, it's always two, even if it's shortened.

Then again, the Giant did make that mistake with Julia and the 25 words max, so that's possible. Or, alternatively, "I am not married" works as well.

And I won't try to guess what the four words are going to be.
Right now, I'm wondering... "four words ONLY?! How is that possible?".
I mean, it's V we're talking about.

Technically, contractions are a single word formed from combining two words. It would only count as one. Likewise, if you take two words and cram them together, say "American" and "comic" to make Amicomi, that would also be one word.

Fussy
2007-11-02, 01:26 PM
'I am a woman'

think of the (very cheesy) way a similar line is said in the 3rd LOTR film

EDIT: Or, while battling V, Xykon makes a sexist joke just before killing V - 'a woman could never defeat me'. V stands up and shouts 'I am a MAN!' and kills Xykon, ending his snarl ritual and absorbing the power for himself.

It's 'for the wrong reasons' because it's incredibly sexist, implying men are more powerful than women.

Vva70
2007-11-02, 01:45 PM
"I cast magic missile" at the monster in the darkness. :smallbiggrin:

And no, I'm not actually being serious.

geekyhedgehog
2007-11-02, 02:31 PM
seeing as how V says "will", it is inevitable that it will happen, so we will find out anyway. (#331)

Corsair
2007-11-02, 02:52 PM
Hand me the Doily.

Cypress
2007-11-02, 06:55 PM
"Ich Ben Ein Berliner"
How can the snarl expect to destory JFK? With versuvius posing as him, the snarl will bow to his/her whim
If anyone can prove me wrong, let me know
(score one for me)

note: this post is for comedic purposes only, there is no way that i would take this seriously
thank you and happy toasting

Querzis
2007-11-03, 05:49 AM

That would be ultimate divine power woudnt it? I'm also guessing V will try to control the Snarl. Come on, the prophecy said he will gain ultimate arcane power for «all the wrong reasons» Its quite obvious hes going to do a Raistlin.

Kaelaroth
2007-11-03, 06:39 AM
Why not something nice:

[As the world is about to be swallowed by the Snarl]

:vaarsuvius:: I love you Elan.

*V's love for Elan and life energy pours into the Snarl, enveloping the cosmos in a soft glow of pure, untapped arcane power, as V vanishes into the nether, taking the Snarl with him/her*

Querzis
2007-11-03, 07:00 AM
Why not something nice:

[As the world is about to be swallowed by the Snarl]

:vaarsuvius:: I love you Elan.

*V's love for Elan and life energy pours into the Snarl, enveloping the cosmos in a soft glow of pure, untapped arcane power, as V vanishes into the nether, taking the Snarl with him/her*

Yeah but thats saying the four right words to the right person at the right time for all the right reasons. The reasons why nobody say its going to be something nice is that hes going to say it for all the wrong reasons.

FireDrake
2007-11-03, 08:04 AM
Hand me the Doily.

I share this idea. I completely wish that these are the words, but I still extremely doubt it.

Duke
2007-11-03, 08:12 AM
Sarnath'd.

I hate post ninjas.

Doilies rock.

Looking back, I probably should have read the thread before I posted.

Fussy
2007-11-03, 08:14 AM
I think the words are 'the right words' only because they are the correct words for gaining ultimate arcane power.

They are 'for all the wrong reasons' because they are inappropriate, cause a mishap for another good character, or...

not very funny. V could ruin the end of a long, long comic strip by ignoring the punchline (bad idea) or purposefully getting it wrong in order to achieve ultimate arcane power.

Duke
2007-11-03, 08:21 AM
I think the words are 'the right words' only because they are the correct words for gaining ultimate arcane power.

They are 'for all the wrong reasons' because they are inappropriate, cause a mishap for another good character, or...

not very funny. V could ruin the end of a long, long comic strip by ignoring the punchline (bad idea) or purposefully getting it wrong in order to achieve ultimate arcane power.
I still like:

Evil New Threat/Possibly MitD: "Give me your most powerful possessions."

:vaarsuvius: "Here's a doily."

*Doily Devours Evil New Threat/Possibly MitD. Gods grant :vaarsuvius: as well as the Doily ultimate Arcane Powers. V makes a fortune as a decorator.*

Decorating with V!:

:vaarsuvius: "Doilies are best used to hold cakes, brownies or other baked goods on a platter. They also make great makeshift pentagrams."

dragongirl13
2007-11-03, 11:27 AM
I have the doily.

Or maybe she'll just say the sentence: "The right four words to the right being at the right time for all the wrong reasons."

Duke
2007-11-03, 11:44 AM
I have the doily.

Or maybe she'll just say the sentence: "The right four words to the right being at the right time for all the wrong reasons."

To elaborate:

"Why're you here?"

:vaarsuvius: "To say the right four words to the right beings at the right time for all the wrong reasons. That work for you?"

"Mmmkay. Tell me, would you prefer ultimate arcane power, mindbending will and intelligence, incredible strength, or complete, total, and utter divinity?"

:vaarsuvius: "I want to keep 1000 arcane secrets, each one enough to drive you mad! MAD!"

Yes, I did read the character page

rankrath
2007-11-03, 11:49 AM
I like the "I attack the darkness"/"I cast magic missle" theory, it fits with the nature of the comic, and is funny as hell.

Blayze
2007-11-03, 02:02 PM

Interesting. Now what if (Stupidly crackpot theory here) V was turned into a Kobold and cast back through time, possibly losing his memory in the process? I mean, in TV shows that feature time travel, there's always some big thing attached to meeting or making contact with your past or future self.

How did the Oracle say that V would achieve "ultimate arcane power" (Or mastery, or whatever it was)?

"By saying the right four words to the right being at the right time for all the wrong reasons."

What did the Oracle say to V?

"...the right four words to the right being at the right time for all the wrong reasons."

It'd be amusing if just after that scene, Kobold V would have finally achieved the ultimate arcane power that he seeks.

The Extinguisher
2007-11-03, 02:55 PM
I notice how everyone always forgets what the "for all the wrong reasons".

That part interests me the most.

Antamar
2007-11-03, 06:40 PM
I cast my vote for him saying "the right four words at the right time for all the wrong reasons" at some random time as a part of some rant or plan and a gigantic pillar of Arcane energy coming down upon him (because I like giant energy pillars from the sky) and then V emerging as the most powerful being in the universe. Heck of a run-on sentence there.

The Bushranger
2007-11-03, 09:19 PM
Not sure about "...all the wrong reasons", but I know what the four words are.

Now, I don't know who V will be speaking to. But there will be a big fight, and a standoff. And V will say:

"...

[i]...I am your father"

'Right Being': "NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!"

:smallamused: :smallwink:

Koraks
2007-11-03, 09:40 PM
Wrong reasons... Well there must be more than one. I can think of one right now: wanting ultimate arcane power just for the sake of having ultimate arcane power is one wrong reason I can think of. Also:To win back his/her mate from a rival would be another (see here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0385.html)).

Because of boredom (see also here (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0203.html) )

hmmm can't think of another right now.

Shraik
2007-11-03, 10:35 PM

I know who!!! Its Doctor Orpheus isn't it?!

Requiem_Jeer
2007-11-04, 05:37 PM
Sort of a copy of a previous reason, I point out that "the right four words" are, count 'em, four words.

Fineous Orlon
2007-11-05, 12:10 AM
So I've got this 'what if.'

What if...

...epic casting is "ultimate arcane power."

V gets the experience to gain epic levels [21st level] by saying to Belkar

"I prepared Explosive Runes" as V finishes off Belkar.

Let's face it, interparty violence could be a lot of 'the wrong reasons....'

Scribble
2007-11-05, 12:47 AM
"I accept your terms."

He agrees to some deal for all the wrong reasons.

Setra
2007-11-05, 06:04 AM
"I'll consume the snarl"

Perhaps? Or "I've consumed the snarl"?

Fussy
2007-11-05, 07:36 AM
I like the 'I prepared explosive runes' idea, although normally it ends with a time e.g 'I prepared explosive ruins this morning'. Which is more than 4 words.

I think the 4 words will solve the V gender mystery.

Mace
2007-11-05, 08:32 AM
Just getting ready to go to bed and I decide to look and see if there is a new comic out (And to my great delight there had been two since I last checked). I look through a bit more of the site and stumble upon this, and it intrigues me to the point where I put off sleep and make an account just so I can post my own theory:

"Will you marry me?"

I don't know, it just seems to me like it could be something easily said "For all the wrong reasons" since it's done in much more mundane settings all the time. As for the obtaining of ultimate arcane power, well I'll leave that to V to find out for himself (And yes, I do believe V is a he, though wouldn't be surprised if he was a neuter).

EmperorSarda
2007-11-06, 04:27 PM
a few thoughts of my own...
If we consider that Belkar will kill either Miko, Her horse, Roy, V, or the Kobold, and that the first three aren't really an option anymore (why have Roy die again?) I believe that Belkar, just as he is killing V (for whatever reason) V will shout out something like "I love You Belkar!"

sihnfahl
2007-11-06, 04:29 PM
"Will you marry me?"
But V's already married.

Ganurath
2007-11-06, 04:32 PM
"I will remain behind."

mikeejimbo
2007-11-06, 05:31 PM
"I cast magic missile" at the monster in the darkness. :smallbiggrin:

And no, I'm not actually being serious.

I realize you're not, but I still totally want that to be the answer.

Consider this: Assume the Monster has insanely high DR and saves. What doesn't allow for a save?

Well, OK, a number of things.

But also, Magic Missile!

Crimson Avenger
2007-11-06, 06:03 PM
I like the MM thingy, but beware the MitD's SR.

DR stops fighters

SR stops parties

Full blown ORB spells...yeah, that's the ticket

Calulithrar
2007-11-06, 06:27 PM
If we consider that Belkar will kill either Miko, Her horse, Roy, V, or the Kobold, and that the first three aren't really an option anymore (why have Roy die again?) I believe that Belkar, just as he is killing V (for whatever reason) V will shout out something like "I love You Belkar!"

I like this! I don't know if its going to happen but it fits in well with the whole switch emotions thing.

Lord_Drayakir
2007-11-06, 06:36 PM
Here's a good classic:

"You shall not pass!"

Probably as the group is being chased by the MitD, which causes V to turn into a demigod of some sort (as Gandalf was technically a Maya, not a human).

Yes, I know it sucks...