PDA

View Full Version : The Falling Sand Game

hippie_dwarf
2007-11-02, 12:54 PM
For those that have never heard of or played it before here is a link: http://chir.ag/stuff/sand/

WARNING!: This game is highly addictive, only suitable for those with lives and/or the Iron Will feat. People with geek/nerd tendancy's may find vast amounts of time consumed on this game. Play at your own risk! :smalltongue:

Having recently rediscovered this little gem on my favorites, I was wondering what other people thought of it, made any cool designs or made anything groovy on it.

This is the best I can come up with:
1. Cover the entire screen with "Spout" (using the x32 pen make this ALOT easier)
2. Set off a "???" on pen size one (not sure whether the pen size actually make a difference)
3. Place a few points of "Plant" here and there. Let them grow a bit.
4. Once the spots of plant get to a decent size, set a few of them on fire.
5. If you get it right, you should be able to sit back and enjoy the plants constantly growing then burning...growing...burning...growing...burning.
YAY! Burning stuff! :smalltongue:

Discuss and Enjoy :smallbiggrin:

Winterwind
2007-11-02, 01:57 PM
Holy... no kidding on the addictiveness! Where the hell has the last hour vanished to? :smalleek:

That burning jungle thing you suggested is fun to watch, too.

I wonder how one could incorporate that rotating sun creatively? So far I noticed it feeds on water and plants and grows by doing so, and that it keeps on burning when set on fire, at least for quite a while.

ufo
2007-11-02, 03:30 PM
The addiction! It burns!

Thanks to you, Hippe Dwarf, for keeping me entertained the whole evening.

Crazy Owl
2007-11-02, 03:38 PM
Theres an updated version, not sure what the site was I found it on though.