PDA

View Full Version : How many characters have you played?

BeefGood
2020-10-06, 09:41 AM
Just curious—how many D&D characters have you played? For me, a handful back in Basic/Advanced era and a handful now in 5e, so about 10.

Edit: Thanks everyone for the responses!

nickl_2000
2020-10-06, 09:55 AM
I can't remember everything from 2e-3.5 (and other RPGs). Probably in the 25-30 range, although looking back at character sheet I clearly fudged some rolls as a 12 year old (I found one character that had a 20 in every stat).

In 5e I've played 5
Halfling Shadowmonk 5
Half-Elf Bard 5
Human Moon Druid 12/Ranger 4/Cleric 1
Human Oath of Glory Paladin 5
Human Arcane Trickster Rogue 4

The Paladin and the Rogue are both active and will be growing. My group switches between campaigns and DMs when a chapter is completed.

I've also made way more other characters to play around with combinations an abilities, but I didn't include them.

KorvinStarmast
2020-10-06, 10:14 AM
Just curious—how many D&D characters have you played? For me, a handful back in Basic/Advanced era and a handful now in 5e, so about 10.
Since the beginning? (1975) Goodness, over a hundred.
Some died young.

I am up to a few dozen in 5e since I count each one shot or play test character as a separate one.
Currently active are a cleric and a warlock.
Currently awaiting the DM to defeat Real life are a Fighter, a Sorcerer, a Warlock, a Monk, a Cleric, and a Ranger.
But odds are kind of low that any of them will see the light of day again.

Aaron Underhand
2020-10-06, 10:17 AM
Was going to say... since 1976... sheesh, but I think I've been beaten....

In 5e, not so many. But adventurers league has been on hold locally

zinycor
2020-10-06, 10:20 AM
Only DnD characters? About 8 to 10 characters. I am the main GM for DnD 5e on my table, others GM as well, but for other games.

KorvinStarmast
2020-10-06, 10:24 AM
Was going to say... since 1976... I'll guess that you've played over a hundred if you started back then. Sound about right?

Aaron Underhand
2020-10-06, 10:30 AM
I'll guess that you've played over a hundred if you started back then. Sound about right?
Well a lot of different systems, but all face to face. DM for a few years as well, and fallow patches with career and family. I'd estimate nearer 50, though others keep popping into memory...

As do a number of good friends now passed....

ScoutTrooper
2020-10-06, 02:55 PM
14 within the realm of D&D

3.5 Resume
1. Human Ranger
2. Dwarf Fighter
3. Wood Elf Ranger
4. Half-Orc Paladin
5. Dwarf Cleric
6. Changeling Rouge
7. an Elf Druid
*8. Vanara Monk
*(Transition/Convert)

5e Resume
*1. Vanara Monk Urchin 8
2. V.Human Cleric Town Watch 7
3. Hill Dwarf Monk Outlander 5
4. Dark Elf Paladin 5 / Warlock 3 Merc Vet 8
5. Lizardfolk Sorcerer Merc Vet 6
6. Centaur Druid Folk Hero 8
Current =Kobold Ranger Urban Bounty Hunter 3

dragoeniex
2020-10-06, 03:24 PM
I started with 5e and have played 8 campaign characters (ignoring one-shots).

Battle Master fighter
Thief rogue
College of Whispers bard
Necromancer (homebrew class, plays somewhere between wizard and cleric)
Zealot barbarian
Arcane Trickster rogue
Battle Master/Swashbuckler MC
Great Old One warlock

I have a wizard in the wings for next go-around. All have been fun, and my longest period of time as a character was the Whispers bard (lv 4 - 20), though some campaigns have come close.

sithlordnergal
2020-10-06, 03:37 PM
Lets see...I've been playing 5e since before Storm King's Thunder...I usually have two to three characters every season, and I have some homebrew games. Let me tally them up:

--AL Games--

CoS: 1 charatcer

SKT: 4 characters, though one of those characters died and one was retired because he would have died the first session I brought him in

Tales of the Yawning Portal: 4 characters, since they're all miniadventures

ToA: 2 characters, a Moon Druid and a Monk

Waterdeep: 2 characters

DiA: 2 characters

RotFM: 2 characters

--Homebrew--

I'm in a lot of homebrew games...Wednesday game I'm on my 3rd character since the others died, Friday game I'm on my 2nd character, random game that only occasionally happens I have 1 character, the game that only lasted about 5 sessions, 1 character

Now, that is just a rough estimate...and I do have more than usual because I play AL. But I've played about 24 characters in 5e alone. Funnily enough most of those characters are Wizard, Bards, or Sorcerers. I have never once played a Ranger, and I've only ever played a Barbarian once.

Chronos
2020-10-06, 04:49 PM
I'm sure I don't remember all of the 2nd edition characters, but let's see... There was a cleric/thief, a thief, a thief/ranger, a fighter, a bard, and I'm certain there was a cleric/mage in there somewhere. Probably at least one mage/thief and a few more pure thieves, but I'm not certain. And I think I made a psionicist at some point, but never played him (in part because 2nd edition psionics was a royal mess). So at least 6, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was 10 or more.

In 3rd edition, I had a rogue, a bard, a cleric, a druid, and a warlock. 5 more. I'm pretty sure that I'm not missing any here, because by that time, my character sheets were all in computer files, and I'm looking at the folder.

In 5th edition, I've done a rogue, a warlock, a ranger, and a bard. So at least 15 total, probably a few more.

None of this, of course, counts computer games like Dark Sun: Shattered Lands or Baldur's Gate. And I've also played one character each in Call of Cthulhu, Shadowrun, and some superhero game (Champions, maybe?). I might, at one point, have created a character for Vampire: the Masquerade, but never played it.

Hellpyre
2020-10-06, 06:33 PM
I...um...lots. Some 18 or so I can recall in 5e, although a few of those were only one-shots. Dozens each in 2nd and 3rd edition. I remember one particular AD&D campaign where over the course of 15 sessions in 3 months, I had 10 different characters, 8 of whom died and one of whom was Polymorph Othered into a newt, rolled a 2 on the 'change into it in mind as well' roll, and went from a rather intelligent fighter to a rather contented newt.

ThorOdinson
2020-10-06, 06:36 PM
I started back when D&D first came out. So triple digits for me.

KorvinStarmast
2020-10-06, 07:55 PM
Making new characters was so easy then, and to a certain extent, so necessary.

Seclora
2020-10-06, 08:32 PM
Do we count cohorts from 3.5, because that would double my numbers.

3.5: three and two Cohorts.
-Human Bard/Sorcerer, retired to NPC-hood then got played for a big session in which he died heroically with expectation of resurrection. became an little bad evil guy in the followup campaign. His Cohort was a Mystic Theurge Archivist/Wizard who buffed the party but never joined combat.

-Hobgoblin Were(Bear of Legend) Half-Celestial Saint Soulknife, I didn't even ask for any of those templates except Werebear. Brought her in because I felt morally dirty after playing the bard. She survived the campaign.

-Human Beguiler/Warblade, I left the campaign in Act 3 for OOC reasons, and the campaign fell apart. The DM agreed that her IC departure doomed that universe, and that she already had the knowledge, time, and resources to leave before it did. I use her when I DM to give people weird bonus objectives and pull PCs when players can't make sessions. Her cohort was a giant-blooded mutant Ubercharger in a D20future Mecha.

5e: three, and five years of DM-ing
-Dwarf Druid, played for about four sessions. I think he got left behind in Sigil, maybe dead, definitely had his boots stolen by the cleric.
-Dwarf Druid, two sessions. I had a lot of fun using him to purge Kobolds though. I'd play with that DM again if the chance arose.
-Tiefling Sorcerer, Currently playing, but the campaign is looking shaky OOC. Shame really, she's my first character in two years.

ProsecutorGodot
2020-10-06, 08:54 PM
I'm one of the runts on this forum, having only played for about 3.5 years now.

In that time I've played 8 characters.
- Human Paladin, died at level 2
- Human Blood Hunter Wizard, SKT
- Lizardfolk Fighter, one shot
- Warforged Rogue, Dragon Heist, retired in Mad Mage
- Human Hexblade Paladin, current character in Mad Mage (this character is turning two years old in December)
- Human Artificer, Mad Mage one shot
- Human Wizard, Descent into Avernus
- Dwarf Hexblade, heroic chronicle rolled for Wildemount

Yakmala
2020-10-07, 01:33 AM
I've been playing since the "White Box" days so I'm not sure I can even count at this point, though to be fair, back in the 1e-2e days, characters tended to level slower so I played less overall characters in those iterations of the game than I have in recent years.

I've only gotten two 5th edition characters all the way to 20: A dexterity based Variant Human scimitar and buckler Battle Master and a Variant Human Way of the Long Death Monk.

I've got a few characters in the 11-16 range, including a Half Elf Celestial Tomelock, a Half Elf Oath of Apathy Paladin, a Kobold Way of the Open Hand Monk and a Fire Genasi Evoker Wizard.

In the 5-10 range, there are a bunch, but the primary ones are a Half Orc Moon Druid, Warforged Zealot Barbarian with an Acolyte background and a Variant Human Thief combat medic.

In the 1-4 range, the ones I've been playing recently include a Variant Human Wolf Totem Barbarian and a Goliath Hunter Ranger.

Next character concept up to bat is a Mountain Dwarf Genie (Dao) Warlock.

Sindal
2020-10-07, 01:39 AM
Erm...

Cinnamon, a goat cleric in 3.5 (heavy home brew)

Kosh, a half orc ranger

Sindal, a tabaxi soeceorr

Snoogles, a ratkin rogud

Sully, a firbolg barbarian

So...5

Waazraath
2020-10-07, 02:45 AM

Somewhere up to 2 dozen since the early nineties. Maybe a bit more, if I forgot some 1-shot sessions.

Magicspook
2020-10-07, 03:22 AM
I started playing about 5 years ago methinks. I have played 8 characters so far:

Retired:
Human transmutation wizard lvl 1-5 (1st char, died/retired)
Human ancients paladin lvl 2-4 (campaign ended)

Oneshots:
Human abjuration wizard lvl 6
Lizardfolk ruin cleric lvl 5 (my own homebrew, you can probably find it on my profile)
Lizardfolk ruin cleric lvl 10 (same character, different level)
Aasimar glamour bard lvl 5

Currently playing:
Half elf fey chainlock lvl 5-6
Elf shadow monk lvl 3

Blood of Gaea
2020-10-07, 04:14 AM
I honestly don't even know how to start counting this, and I doubt I'd remember everything if I did. But definitly at least around the 100 mark.

Waazraath
2020-10-07, 04:16 AM
Somewhere up to 2 dozen since the early nineties. Maybe a bit more, if I forgot some 1-shot sessions.

Oh, wait. Number of characters. I forgot the dead ones (sorry guys!). Of course, many campaigns had several characters. Eh, add a random number to that 'over two dozen =P'.

BloodSnake'sCha
2020-10-07, 05:15 AM
Around 20 in 5e.
I never counted how many I played.

Around 5 in 3.5e
(3.5e campaigns lasted years and the group never fell apart so less characters for longer time of play).

LudicSavant
2020-10-07, 05:34 AM

Similar problem here. I can't remember exactly how many I've had because there have been so many.

rlc
2020-10-07, 05:51 AM
Probably around 10-15

Mastikator
2020-10-07, 06:32 AM
In the 5th edition just the one. I think 2 more in 3.5. For my taste 5e is a huge improvement over 3.5e so I'll probably actually play it. Nearly all of my experience with D&D in general comes from computer games.

Imbalance
2020-10-07, 08:26 AM
Not enough.

I count three for 5e, and three more, each from a different tabletop system.
Now, if you want to include video game rpg characters...

KorvinStarmast
2020-10-07, 08:33 AM
I've been playing since the "White Box" days [/quote]
I still have my white box, though it's a little worse for the wear and tear.

I've only gotten two 5th edition characters all the way to 20: A dexterity based Variant Human scimitar and buckler Battle Master and a Variant Human Way of the Long Death Monk. That's a story I'd like to hear, your 1-20 journey for that Long Death monk.

Arkhios
2020-10-07, 08:48 AM
2 in 3.0
10~ish in 3.5 (most of them in Living Greyhawk)
20 in Pathfinder 1e (most of them in Pathfinder society)
4 in 4e
5 in 5e

More or less in that order over the course of 17 years or so

Samayu
2020-10-07, 10:49 PM
In 5e, usually one per campaign. I see nine in my folder, so that must have been eight campaigns. Plus a character I make versions of for one-shots.

I think I had two during 4e. I never really did 3.x much. In the early editions, I was usually DM.

I assume you're not interested in the number of characters I played at conventions.

da newt
2020-10-08, 08:20 AM
3 in the '80s
a bit of a break
10 in the last ~18 months

Only 1 PC made it to tier 3, mostly AL, one full caster, one rogue 1/warlock X, lots of 1/2 and 1/3 casters and rogues, mostly MCs.

Cyan Wisp
2020-10-13, 04:57 AM
Not many!

I tend to play one character until the bitter (or sweet) end, or until the campaign changes - and our campaigns last years at a time.

35 years playing, only 11 characters! (8 male, 3 female).

My record is a 5e shadow monk played from Lvl 1 to 20. Second was a 3e Spirit Shaman played from Lvl 1 to 15.

I love my characters! :smallbiggrin:

Chalkarts
2020-10-13, 09:12 AM
I can't remember.
I've been playing since 1990.

I don't know how many it's been but it hasn't been enough.

Angus Anklesbane: Halfling Monk of the Kneebreaker Clan needs something to do.

Taevyr
2020-10-13, 11:31 AM
I've created characters for a variety of systems, mostly to get a feel for how a given system worked, or following a sudden burst of creativity or sheer boredom, but for actual play.... About 5, I think? All but the first two with the same stable group when I finally found one. Mostly because I spent most of the college games DM'ing.

1 for the year-long Scion game we had in college: a Scion of Anubis. I distinctly remember him having the justice and darkness purview and more-or-less starting off as an unintended batman expy :smallbiggrin:. Could be 2, but it's been several years, and I only vaguely remember the first session being a bit different.

2 in 5e, 3 counting one-shots: the first a basic wood elf ranger in a short campaign that fell apart 2 sessions in; the other a dragonborn polearm fighter in my current ongoing group: made it 1->5 with a bit of luck and'll probably last a while longer.

First one-shot was a level 9 conquest paladin birthed by the bright idea of playing "evil colonizer" murderhobo's for a one-shot, and our DM responded by having new-world dinosaurs try to karmically eat us. Much fun was had.

Last was a lvl 1 ninja when we did a naruto one-shot one of our players really wanted to try, using d20 modern as a base. My character could be summarized as "sneaky shuriken kiter".

Tawmis
2020-10-13, 12:29 PM
I typically DM, but...

In D&D & AD&D - probably too many to count.

In 3.0/3.5 - I believe I had about 5 characters.
4.0 - I had two characters. Neither of which I ever felt attached to.

5th -
- Female Dwarf Bard (I had the party I DM for pick my character, for fun, when one of the players wanted to give a swing at DMing). We only ran a few sessions, doing Lost Mines, before Covid. I really wish we got to play more, because I was enjoying playing her (had metal covers that had been done by folks on a lute, I'd play at the start of the battle for a few seconds, to say this is what my Bard is playing, when I cast spells, give inspiration, etc)

- Male Tiefling Paladin - only managed to play him about six or seven times (it was at a brewery that I had to drive to after work, hour drive and I was always getting there just in time, or 10 or 15 minutes late, due to traffic, so I eventually dropped out because I felt bad for making others wait) - thank you Battlemage Brewery for having me!

- Aasimar Cleric in another Lost Mines adventure, which we completed; and then made new characters for Out of the Abyss
- - Dragonborn Paladin in Out of the Abyss - was recaptured, made a new character
- - - Kobold Rogue, the replacement for the said Dragonborn Paladin

- Mountain Dwarf Fighter for another Out of the Abyss (doing better than my Paladin did)

- Tiefling Rogue for a "short session" (ran about six adventures) - very Jack Sparrow in how I played him due to Pirate background

There was a character I played for the SDCC Virtual Comic Con Adventurer's League, but that was just for those three days, can't remember what it was off hand.

Ir0ns0ul
2020-10-13, 12:47 PM
Not so many, although I played a handful of funny one-shots with some friends. Oddly enough, never played Tier 3+ in my life.

- High-Elf Bladesinger Wizard 6 (OotA never ended)
- Dwarf Battlemaster Fighter 8 / Rogue 1 (Shield Master shoving prone machine; started for a LMoP and then our DM homebrewed)
- Dwarf Oath of Ancients Paladin 8 (homebrew campaign)
- Hobgoblin Divination Wizard 2 (current char, planning to leverage the famous Iron Wizard build from LudicSavant; homebrew campaign as well)

I actually love dwarves and I’ll probably try an Abjuration Masochist Wizard with a Mark of Warding Dwarf at some point in the future.

Wildstag
2020-10-13, 12:59 PM
Let's see... I played a couple 2E characters in my younger days I don't recall too much about. I know one was a Druid though.

In 4E, I played a couple Rangers, though I always wanted to play a Goliath Warden with Toughness at level 1 (as that was the only way I knew of to start with 40 HP and still have a fun kit). I think it was 3 Rangers and 1 Druid.

In 3.5 I've played a Bariaur Duskblade, multiple variations of a Dog-Hengeyokai Warshaper (either going Primeval or some other PrC) usually up to higher levels. I've played Scouts, Rangers, and Fighters primarily, with some gish scattered among them. One was a fun Beguiler/Swiftblade that got to level 13; another a TWF Whip Fighter that got to 12th; in a low-level campaign I played a Scout/Duskblade which was fun but the higher level I got I realized the lack of synergy between them. I've played Clerics and Psychic Warriors recently, but never a full-caster that didn't lose CL. Probably 12 or so characters played in that edition.

In Pathfinder I played a couple martial characters as well, mostly Fighters, Rangers, and Brawlers. I never got to play my dream character though. I've long wanted a 1-20 campaign where I play as a Monk of the Healing Hand, because its capston reads like it'd make for a magnificent bittersweet climax/victory. I have gotten to play a few janky builds though, and one of my favorites was a Half-Elf Cavalier going through his mid-life crisis and tricking out his horse and saddle (including painting flames on the horse's flanks). Another of my eccentric characters was a Dwarf mushroom-farmer Druid. One player begged for d20 rolls for stats, and the GM permitted it on the condition that everyone rolled d20s and you'd only get 6 rolls, no rerolls. With a 3 Dex and 5 Cha, that dwarf was played gross and dirty, and he cultivated his favorite fungi in his greasy beard, not knowing they were poisonous until he offered them to humans. In PF, I'd say the total is around 9 or 10 characters.

Landing in 5E, I've played mostly short games that didn't go far. Mostly Paladins and Rangers are my bread and butter in that edition, but only getting up to around level 6. In Adventure League I really enjoyed my level 8 Bugbear Battlemaster, I played him like a mafioso enforcer. Aside form that, using some homebrew I played a talking Mountain Lion Fighter, which has been pretty fun tbh. It's a very alien creature. In this edition, it's been around 5 or 6 characters.

So in total, perhaps 33-35 characters in D&D. A couple in GURPS, and a one-shot Paranoia character, but I wouldn't really count that.

Scowlbear
2020-10-13, 01:58 PM
Probably at least a dozen or so, most of them in the past couple of years. Definitely about 1/10th of the characters I want to play though, haha.

Naanomi
2020-10-13, 05:28 PM
I used to do a lot of convention play so... hundreds for sure.

Arcturus
2020-10-13, 07:16 PM
An interesting exercise to retrospect. I DM more than I play, but usually get one player session per month or so.

5e: 4 in campaigns + 4 short runs
4e: 4 in campaigns + 2 short runs
3e: 3 in campaigns + 5 short runs
Non-D&D: 12 in campaigns + 20+ short runs

Kane0
2020-10-13, 08:21 PM
5e at the table, about a bakers dozen
4e at the table, three
3.x at the table, just under a dozen
TSR/AD&D at the table, only a handful
Video games, easily in the hundreds

Bunny Commando
2020-10-14, 04:09 AM
If we're talking just D&D characters, I would say around fifty or so - a good chunk of them short lived.
I vividly remember my first character, a Half-Elf Ranger in AD&D; most of the others I can't quite recall, but the two most memorable and long lived characters I played were a Half-Elf Bard in Ravenloft\3.5 and a Tiefling Wizard in Pathfinder.
Unfortunately I had the chance to play just a couple of 5E characters - another Half-Elf Bard and a Halfling Cleric - since I mostly DM and have no time for another game as a player.

ThorOdinson
2020-10-14, 05:04 AM
How many of you remember Men & Magic?

Bigmouth
2020-10-14, 08:53 AM
Thinking about this question was kind of fun. I skimmed/read the White Box rules in college book store and made up what my own version of the game. (It wasn't close, I made a board game with a map I drew on the back of my LotR map). Got the basic box set in 79 (Mine was one of the ones made when TSR was out of dice, so it had 'chits' in the box. Hadn't thought about that in years). My oldest brother loved D&D immediately and we played a lot. Very primitive, make characters then run through a few rooms of a dungeon, done. New characters every time because my brother loved making characters so much and I always wanted to try something new. Played a lot of games with other people in the area who were just discovering D&D, rarely more than a couple sessions strung together. This was my most prolific D&D period and probably played somewhere around fifty or so 'characters'. (During this first period, very little RP was going on. But character sheets had names on them!) Also, could easily double this number if solo game numbers were included. My brother and I both did a lot of this. Make the characters then run them through a dungeon.
D&D got more serious when I was able to get hold of AD&D. More time put into character, more RP. Still, lots of one shots. Lots of high mortality games. Probably a good 3 dozen or so.
2nd Ed got a lot of characters created and never played. Every splat book would get my gaming club pumped but games didn't last, with the exception of Dark Sun, which we all loved. About a dozen?
Most of the long campaigns I have played in D&D happened in 3/3.5. A few one shots (often ending because of DMs getting mad over broken stuff. Most famously being a DM who brought out Strahd to gloat over our low level characters and a wild magic stumbled into casting some spell that brought out the sun.) First edition that also gets a boost from playing on the internet. 2 dozen.
4E My personal fave, but the one I've played almost none of. 4 characters but I ran a couple of long campaigns.
5E Half dozen almost exclusively at cons.

So definitely 100+ approaching 150 possibly over 200 if gamemastering for yourself counts.

TexasSkiandFish
2020-10-15, 10:41 PM
A few in first edition, a few in second edition, and now one in 5e. Got back into DND after a 20 year hiatus.

Our campaign has been going on for a year and we are closing in on level 10.

Gtdead
2020-10-17, 06:20 AM
In 3.5e I have played 4 clerics and one cleric/bone knight. Also one barbarian for 2 sessions that attacked 3 times in his lifetime and rolled a cleave doublecrit and a oneshot 13 level wizard. I'm not one for variety. I build for others and play clerics.

I'm pretty sure I've played others as well, I have some memories of a girl playing a "drow chaotic evil" (She thought CE was the class or something) and her go to move was to take a crap on corpses. But I mostly went there for the Pizza. I also remember a session where 8 guys were eating from the same ice cream but I don't remember what I was playing at that time.

In 5e I have played a tempest cleric, a hunter ranger, a sorcadin, a bladesinger wizard and a warlock. Had enough variety to last me the whole edition, all the others are going to be clerics.

KorvinStarmast
2020-10-17, 09:46 AM
How many of you remember Men & Magic? I still have it, and the box that it came in. :smallcool: (Yeah, it's a little beat up)

Hael
2020-10-17, 09:57 AM
In 5e, maybe 8 or 9 primaries, and a few one shots. Double that for 3.5 and at least 20 or 30 for 1e/2e.

Including all the rpgs I’ve played like Gurps, Marvel, VtM over the years, yea probably nearly a hundred.

We used to have a lot more free time as kids before the internet and video games.

Wraith
2020-10-17, 11:54 AM
I didn't think I had a lot of D&D characters as most of my early gaming was WFRP, V:tM and Dark heresy, but turns out I remember a lot more than I thought I would.

AD&D
Edion Exodise - High Elf 1 Fighter/1 Mage
My first ever character. Was going to be the start of a campaign introducing several newbies (including myself) to D&D, came to a tortuously slow end 5 hours later when the DM stopped the game to continue his 'phone conversation about how much he enjoyed smoking and/or dealing weed. I'm mildly amazed I ever played the game again.

Human Paladin - Another "let's start a new campaign" that ended after 1 session, with an entirely unrelated group to the first.

Crippled Human Mage - I rolled 17 for INT and nothing else above a ~12.

Dwarf Cleric - Turned up to a PUB game where 4/5 players had independently decided to play Dwarfs, it was quite funny.

Human Druid - Spent 3 hours IRL-time wildshaped as a Brown Bear, never uttered a word IC.

Human Rogue - I don't remember anything else apart from backstabbing a bunch of people. I think it was my only goal for the entire game; exploding people with d6's of damage.

4th ed
Never played, don't really care to.

5th Ed
Aaracockra Wizard - Set in Dark Sun, being able to fly was even more OP than usual when there's less mages around to do anything about you.

V.Human Rogue - Set in Birthright, I was the lady of a geisha/shogun-style civilisation. I was winning when the game folded due to DM disillusionment with PbP games.

Yuan-Ti Moon Druid - Played through Descent Into Avernus, saved the day and party from the Big Bad with a humble summoned Eagle. Never once, in dozens of hours playing, remembered that I had Magic Resistance.

Feral/Winged Tiefling Artificer - Back when Artificers were UA, I took the Sharpshooter subclass and sniped with the ridiculous thundercannon while flying; hardly anything could touch me unless I let it.

Aasimar Divine Soul Sorcerer - Recently retired and this was how I discovered that I find Sorcerers really boring.

Grung Hunter Ranger - I thought multiple poisoned attacks would be fun, but being one-dimensional DPS dragged pretty quickly. Retired and replaced by....

Mountain Dwarf Forge Cleric - A stereotype I know, but turns out Forge Clerics are a lot of fun and being an amiable blacksmith gave me plenty to do in downtime.

Goblin Hunter Ranger - One-Shot. The whole party were Goblins, so I took Humans and Elves as my Favoured Enemies and we all went and killed Barbarian (Elk Totem) Santa Claws.

Tortle Open Hand Monk - Never tried Monk so I thought I'd give it a go in a party of weird, non-optimised builds. It worked okay, but Open Hand is probably the most boring of the subclasses on reflection.

V.Human Inquisitor Rogue - House-ruled that I was IC playing as a Tako (sentient octopus) and tried to be the party healer with Expertise in medicine, proficiency in alchemy/potion making and the Medic feat. It didn't work out very well.

Minotaur Conquest Paladin - Currently active; working towards PAM/Sentinel and playing the part of tank/wrecking ball. It's fun!

Zendikar Vampire Tome/Divine Patron Warlock - Currently active; I know ~25 spells at level 6, it's everything that I had ever hoped for.