PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Cannibalism Cleric Domain - wording clarification

Atar
2020-10-06, 01:47 PM
I am working on a multiclass character who would only take 8 levels of cleric. I came across the Cannibalism domain which is described as:

Consume the Enemy (Su)

As a full-round action that is considered an evil act and provokes attacks of opportunity, you can bite a helpless living or freshly killed creature, dealing 1d3 points of damage. By consuming the creature’s flesh, you gain a +1 profane bonus on saving throw DCs for all spells, spell-like abilities, and supernatural abilities you use against creatures of the same type (and subtype, if humanoid or outsider) as the cannibalized creature. This effect lasts for a number of minutes equal to 1/2 your cleric level or until you use this ability against a different creature.

At 5th, 10th, 15th, and 20th level, this bonus increases by 1 (+5 maximum). You can use this ability a number of times per day equal to 3 + your Wisdom modifier.

Emphasis mine.

In the first emphasized bit it specifically says cleric. In the second it just say 'level'.

My question is: Does this ability keep leveling with me, regardless of my cleric levels?

Kind regards,
Bram

Kurald Galain
2020-10-06, 01:54 PM
My question is: Does this ability keep leveling with me, regardless of my cleric levels?
Nope. Abilities from your class always refer to your class level unless they explicitly mention "character level".

Atar
2020-10-06, 03:09 PM
I figured it was probably too good to be true. Thanks for clarifying!