PDA

View Full Version : Spooky Halloween adventures and/or one shots

kingcheesepants
2020-10-06, 04:46 PM
Greetings all, I was thinking that the group I DM on Saturday might take a break from our usual campaign to do something a little more festive for Halloween. Do you guys have any good ideas for fun Halloween themed adventures or one shots? Preferably something that has a clear goal and a beginning, middle and end which can be done in one 4 hour session. Also I am well aware that other systems like World of Darkness or Call of Cthulhu might be a little more thematic but I don't think everyone is up for learning a new system right now, so 5e is really what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance.

I've been thinking about this a bit more and it occured to me that a ghostbusters inspired one shot could be fun. The players would control a team of professional ghostbusters and have to go to a town that's been experiencing a much higher than normal amount of paranormal activity. They have to fight some ghosts, wraiths, specters, shadows, etc and figure out what's causing the uptick in ghosts. Some fun chances for investigation and roleplay there and then maybe the cause is a necromancer or something who's weakening the boundry between the material and ethereal planes. Well obviously I need to work on it and fill in the details but it can be good. I'll try to incorporate a werewolf and maybe a talking skeleton to round things out. Maybe change the necromancer to something a bit more exciting.

In any case if any of you have any other ideas for an adventure or one shot I could run or if you have any ideas to flesh out this ghost of an idea. Please let me know.