2020-10-08, 02:24 PM
What are good Melee feats? My AT rogue stats are:
Str: 10
Dex: 20
Con: 11
Int: 16
Wow: 16
Char: 10

When I hit level 8, I’m thinking Mobile (my Rogue is mainly a melee and uses booming blade + the owl familiar). What about for level 10? He doesn’t use his spells that much so I’m happy to forgo the increase in int for a feat. What are feats that go well with the squishy melee and shifty rogue?

nickl_2000
2020-10-08, 02:42 PM
At level 8 I would likely take Resilient Con to get 8 extra HP and proficiencies in Constitution saves (and concentration checks, great for shadowblade).

Mobile is fun, but its effectiveness is taken away when you can bonus action disengage.

Skulker is great, Lucky is Great, Warcaster is great for BB on opportunity attacks, Sentinel can be fun if you can get it to Proc to land a 2nd sneak attack in a round, Ritual Caster is great if you don't have a wizard.

Personally Resilient Con at 8. 10 would depend on how I played the character.

Aussiehams
2020-10-08, 05:14 PM
I am about to take mobile at 8. I think it's good as it then let's you use your BA to hide or cast or whatever instead of disengage, and kite much more effectively.
I have been wondering the same for lvl 10 though so I'm keen to see the suggestions.

That said, with 11 Con resilient is probably a great choice for you.

x3n0n
2020-10-08, 06:07 PM
Having been in a very similar position (AT, Con:11, early tier 2), I would take Resilient (Con). I really missed the HP and the Con saves against random environment stuff like poison and cold, not to mention concentration spells like Shadow Blade, Blur, and debuffs like (off-school) Web or Blindness/Deafness.

That said, Mobile is another great choice, especially with Booming Blade, thereby not needing to "pay" for Disengage most of the time, potentially letting you Dash every round, outpacing your owl back to cover. :)

Nhorianscum
2020-10-08, 06:49 PM
That 11 con is begging for res(con)

Ir0ns0ul
2020-10-08, 06:59 PM
A polemic combination for AT is Mirror Image + Sentinel. Some DMs wouldn’t allow this, better check with yours, but it’s a very effective way to get the sweet Sneak Attack damage one more time.

JellyPooga
2020-10-08, 07:08 PM
Gonna chime in with another vote for Mobile; a great feat for any Rogue, but it's made even better with some good spell pairing. Any spell that creates difficult terrain, if you can swing it, effectively quadruples your speed compared to your opponent due to Mobiles "ignore diff terrain when you Dash" clause; you double while your foe halves.

Sentinel is also a great feat for any Rogue; more oportunities to get attacks in when it's not your turn, are always good. You'll again want to use spellcasting in conjunction for this one, bit this time with defensive spells; Blur, Mirror Image, etc are your friend.

MaxWilson
2020-10-08, 10:28 PM
What are good Melee feats? My AT rogue stats are:
Str: 10
Dex: 20
Con: 11
Int: 16
Wow: 16
Char: 10

When I hit level 8, I’m thinking Mobile (my Rogue is mainly a melee and uses booming blade + the owl familiar). What about for level 10? He doesn’t use his spells that much so I’m happy to forgo the increase in int for a feat. What are feats that go well with the squishy melee and shifty rogue?

Defensive Duelist is nice--Uncanny Dodge can give you half damage, but no damage is even better. Goes well with Arcane Trickster's Blur spells.

Skulker is great in darkness or light obscurement. (Heavy rain, light woods, dusk, darkvision-in-darkness.)

Lucky is very versatile for improving initiative, succeeding on skill checks, retrying failed saves, canceling crits, etc.

In your shoes I'd go for Skulker, then Defensive Duelist or Lucky based on whether the DM prefers magical attacks with saves or beefy monsters. But Mobile is already a better defense than AC anyway, and Skulker + Cunning Action is too under the right circumstances.

bid
2020-10-08, 10:46 PM
Defensive Duelist is nice--Uncanny Dodge can give you half damage, but no damage is even better. Goes well with Arcane Trickster's Blur spells.
Rogues get uncanny dodge for free. Why waste a feat on DD?

MaxWilson
2020-10-08, 10:56 PM
Rogues get uncanny dodge for free. Why waste a feat on DD?

Because getting hit for half of enormous damage is still pretty big damage.

I prefer Skulker though.

Paeleus
2020-10-08, 11:05 PM
I say Mobile is a good idea at level 8. Not having to disengage opens up your bonus action to Dash, giving you the absolute best AC against melee enemies: distance.

What is your race? If elf, have you considered Elven Accuracy? Being melee focused, this feat would all but ensure you hit with you lone sneak attack.

Also in the elf category (if all this elf stuff is even applicable), Revenant Blade deserves a mention. Again, I reckon this depends if this is legal in your campaign.

Lucky is another strong choice. Any character would benefit from this feat.

Mr Adventurer
2020-10-09, 01:37 AM
Mobile is absolutely a game-changer in terms of how free you are to move about the battlefield, an absolute blessing to a Rogue.

You'll need more hit points, take Resilient (Con). There are lots of effects in the game which require a Constitution save.