PDA

View Full Version : Are there other items "of the Magi"?

eyebreaker7
2020-10-08, 08:09 PM
I know there's the robe, the vest & the staff of the magi. Are there any other items "of the Magi"?

Thurbane
2020-10-08, 08:12 PM
Not an item, but there's a Markings of the Magi feat (RoS).

weckar
2020-10-08, 08:14 PM
If you're willing to dive into homebrew, I think I've seen the Slippers and the Nightcap of the Magi about...

Thurbane
2020-10-08, 08:27 PM
Not really what OP is looking for, but there is the War Mug of the Ogre Magi, in Dragon Compendium.

eyebreaker7
2020-10-08, 08:34 PM
RoS?
War Mug of the Ogre Magi? That sounds cool. I'll have to look for it :) Thanks.

Oh yes, I meant to clarify that the Robe and the vest are of the ARCH Magi. So those items too.
Which is stronger a Magi or an ARCH Magi? I would think off the top of my head it would be ARCH but the staff is just MAGI and it's an artifact now. The vest probably should be too. It's crazy!

Thurbane
2020-10-08, 08:40 PM
RoS?
War Mug of the Ogre Magi? That sounds cool. I'll have to look for it :) Thanks.

RoS = Races of Stone. Its a Goliath racial feat.

The War Mug is fun - it's basically a +2 club disguised as a simple mug; only deals nonlethal damage though.

eyebreaker7
2020-10-08, 08:51 PM
RoS = Races of Stone. Its a Goliath racial feat.

The War Mug is fun - it's basically a +2 club disguised as a simple mug; only deals nonlethal damage though. Yea but it also doesn't spill it's contents!!! I see bets being made :)
I looked in the Races of Stone but never thought to look in the Goliath section. *goes back for a second look*

Am I correct in assuming you have to be a goliath to get the markings?

Markings of the Magi
( Races of Stone, p. 142)
[Racial]
Your skin markings shift into a pattern that denotes you as having strong magical talent.
Prerequisite
Auspicious Marking (RS) , Goliath,
Benefit
Up to three times per day, you can roll a second d20 when attempting a caster level check and use either of the two results.

eyebreaker7
2020-10-08, 10:25 PM
If you're willing to dive into homebrew, I think I've seen the Slippers and the Nightcap of the Magi about...

I wouldn't mind checking out some other ides. :)