PDA

View Full Version : Tech Help Converting an A4/Letter sewing pattern to a larger format I can send to a print shop

BisectedBrioche
2020-10-09, 12:41 PM
So, long story short, I bought a sewing pattern off etsy, but it only came with a format for just printing off a load of normal sized sheets and tiling them together.

Is there a way to convert them into a larger format so I can get them printed on one big sheet?

Lord Torath
2020-10-09, 01:15 PM
You could combine them in Inkscape (https://inkscape.org/release/inkscape-1.0.1/).

In File=> Document Properties you can set print page size and orientation.
Add all the sheets individually to one drawing (or two or more, if they won't fit on one sheet at your desired page size), and arrange to taste.
You can add them by just dragging them into the Inkscape drawing window, or File => Import (Ctrl-I)
Then File => Save As a .pdf file.

snowblizz
2020-10-12, 02:51 AM
I'm thinking a professional printshop should be able to do that for you? Provided there isn't some very specific way it all has to go together that only you can do. So e.g. number the files 1-9 they are added to a larger page in that order like numkeys on a keyb shouldn't be beyond the ability of a printshop. Like so:

1-2-3
4-5-6
7-8-9

or whatever works. Maybe call them and ask? They will better be able to tell you what they can do after all.

BisectedBrioche
2020-10-12, 05:05 AM
Luckily I woke up this morning to a reply from the seller with a large format file, so, that solves that.

I'd just about managed to assemble the pages in GIMP (asking the print shop to assemble them wouldn't have been an option because the sheets are designed to overlap when they're put together).