PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder PrC that grants spellcasting?

Golbarg
2020-10-09, 05:02 PM
Question for all you fine folks. In Pathfinder, are there prestige classes that grant spell casting (like Trapsmith or Ur-priest in 3.5)? Google-fu and a quick search of the SRD turned up nothing, sadly.

Psyren
2020-10-09, 05:27 PM
There's a few - off the top of my head, Prophet of Kalistrade and Red Mantis Assassin

Golbarg
2020-10-09, 10:43 PM
Should have remembered the Red Mantis since I played one a few years back... Did not know about the Prophet though. Thank you Psyren for the answers.

Psyren
2020-10-10, 03:45 AM
There are also archetypes for various martial base classes that give them some spellcasting too. Fighter for example has Child of War, and Rogue has Eldritch Scoundrel. You could take one of these to 20, or use them as a basis to enter a regular PrC that advances spellcasting rather than one with its own progression.

Golbarg
2020-10-10, 09:35 AM
I'm actually trying to do a build with a commoner base, hence looking for PrC spellcasting. I'm trying to get to the best character as possible, wihtout taking any base class.
Prophet seems pretty easy to enter, only needing skill points and some RP elements (as opposed to the Red Mantis who needs 4 feats + the skills), although being limited to enchantment/divination hurts a bit.