PDA

View Full Version : Help with custom character option (Pathfinder 1e)

tenshiakodo
2020-10-09, 08:52 PM
The GM of my campaign has been building some custom races and feats for his next campaign, and asked me to stress test them. The one I'm currently wrestling with is a Str/Int Oni-style race with telekinetic abiilities. They have a racial feat that allows them to gain a telekinetic "arm" that functions much like the vestigial limb of the alchemist. It can't wield weapons, but it does gain a slam attack that automatically hits, and deals force damage equal to your Int modifier. The arms have "-" for Strength and can only lift 5 lbs. (similar to mage hand). The feat can be taken multiple times to get more arms.

This seems ok, but I've been wrestling with how it could be abused. I know that using the slam to make combat maneuvers is something that will immediately need to be patched, so now I'm trying to figure out what kind of build could really monopolize on this ability. Using the limbs to deliver touch spells seems like a decent option, so I thought maybe a Magus build would be good.

The idea of spending a few feats to add more slams to add your Int in damage multiple times to a full attack might be reasonable, but I'm not certain how much Int you'd need to have to make this worth a feat.

So right now, the only other uses are the normal ones you'd like an extra hand for, such as wielding an especially light shield, reloading firearms, or just holding a wand/potion/divine focus while your hands are already occupied.

If anyone can think of a truly inspired use of this feat, I'd appreciate it.