PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a feat (PF 1E)

Nosta
2020-10-10, 12:27 PM
Is there a feat that would allow my wizard to spontaneously cast fire ball?

I swear I saw one and I though it was called Signature spell but when ever I search said spell I find a 3pp feat and that's not what I want

Kurald Galain
2020-10-10, 12:32 PM
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/preferred-spell/

Nosta
2020-10-10, 12:42 PM
https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/general-feats/preferred-spell/

Follow up Question
At level 6 what is Better for my Evoker

Being able to Spontaneously cast a 6D6 / 7D6 (if I take gifted Adept)

Or being able to throw out 10D6 fireballs (Gifted Adept + mages Tattoo + Spell Speculization )

Kurald Galain
2020-10-10, 12:49 PM
Or being able to throw out 10D6 fireballs (Gifted Adept + mages Tattoo + Spell Speculization )
Oh, definitely that one. Upping your damage has a higher priority than trying to be a discount sorcerer.

Ramza00
2020-10-10, 01:44 PM
If your DM allows 3.5 feats. Uncanny Forethought plus Spell Mastery works very well.

At 8th level it is semi easy to get an Int of 26 aka 8 spontaneous spells and also 2/2/2/2 bonus spells.

Grab Fireball (long range, 20-ft. radius), and Elemental Dart (more damage if single target, or as a debuf with a greater area of effectrange if doing Rime Spell metamagic rod) as two of your spell mastery spells you can do spontaneously with no caster loss.

Metamagic Rods lesser of Rime and Intensified are really cheap. 3k for 3 times a day. Energy Admixture from Evoker allowing to swap the fire from Fireball to cold for Rime Spell metamagic rod. Sadly there is no Benthic Metamagic Rod, Benthic Spell is a +1 metamagic makes your spell do bludgeoning water damage that has damage resistance instead of elemental damage except the spell bypasses bludgeoning and magic dr.

Nosta
2020-10-10, 02:01 PM
If your DM allows 3.5 feats. Uncanny Forethought plus Spell Mastery works very well.

At 8th level it is semi easy to get an Int of 26 aka 8 spontaneous spells and also 2/2/2/2 bonus spells.

Grab Fireball (long range, 20-ft. radius), and Elemental Dart (more damage if single target, or as a debut with a greater range if doing Rime Spell metamagic rod) as two of your spell mastery spells you can do spontaneously with no caster loss.

Metamagic Rods lesser of Rime and Intensified are really cheap. 3k for 3 times a day. Energy Admixture from Evoker allowing to swap the fire from Fireball to cold for Rime Spell metamagic rod. Sadly there is no Benthic Metamagic Rod, Benthic Spell is a +1 metamagic makes your spell do bludgeoning water damage that has damage resistance instead of elemental damage except the spell bypasses bludgeoning and magic dr.

If I was not banned from conjuration I'd love the dart spell

Ramza00
2020-10-10, 02:58 PM
If I was not banned from conjuration I'd love the dart spell

(Dalamar's) Lightning Lance from the same book is also good but with different pros and cons but still stronger than most Evocation.

Then again we also have other good Lightning spells that are 4th level and higher such as Pathfinder's Ball Lightning for Battlefield Control.