PDA

View Full Version : Shifter Bloodhunter: Is it a good build?

ChaseC311
2020-10-10, 02:03 PM
Right now im playing a beast hide shifter celestial profane soul bloodhunter in a level 5 campaign. Her names Nihilis and im essentially here to ask for feedback on her build. I want her to act as a party tank who can tank hits, dish damage out, and lockdown enemies. Heres essentially what I have down for her build (Note. She has the Aberrant Dragonmark Feat as well as a bloodcurse from a now outdated version of the bloodhunter)

Round 1
BA: Rite of the storm (+1d6 Lightning damage/hit)
Act: 2 Glaive swings (16 Str)(2d10+2d6+6)

Round 2
BA: Hex (+1d6 Necrotic damage/hit on 1 target)
Act: 2 Glaive Swings (2d10+4d6+6)

Round 3:
BA: Blood Curse of Mutual Suffering, Amplified (1x Recoil damage from target to target)
Act: Say it with me: 2 Glaive swings

Or alternatively, if she needs to act on the defense and keep alies safe

Round 1:
BA: Shift (Con 20)(1d6+5+5 THP)
Act: Booming Blade (1d10+1d8+3 [+another 2d8 if the enemy tries moving towards her allies])

Round 2:
BA: Blood Curse of Mutual Suffering
Act: Booming Blade

(Optional) Reaction: Aberrant Dragonmark (Shield)(+5 temp AC +1D10 [THP/Recoil Damage])

Master O'Laughs
2020-10-12, 10:04 AM
What is preventing you from activating your Rite of the Storm before combat even starts?

GlenSmash!
2020-10-12, 12:08 PM
Bloodhunter generally don't make the best tanks since they lower their own HP through their abilities, don't have access to heavy armor, and lack a reliable means of goading enemies into attacking you. That said Celestial gives you a means to heal yourself, and Beasthide will increase your AC and THP. Seems pretty good to me.