PDA

View Full Version : [5e] A Subclass Designed Around Two-Weapon Fighting

wayfare
2020-10-10, 02:53 PM
Hello All:

I am designing a subclass for the Ranger that is based around making two-weapon fighting a viable competitor to great weapon fighting. Given the ranger's close association with this fighting style, I am looking to design something that is powerful and unique to that class. Below is my draft -- any feedback is appreciated, as I am looking to polish this up before I test it out.

The Quickblade: A mobile warrior that uses two blades to overwhelm opponents with an onslaught of attacks.

Flurry of Blades
Starting at 3rd level, when you use your bonus action to make a two-weapon fighting attack, choose one of the following benefits:

You gain +2 AC until the beginning of your next turn
Your two-weapon fighting attacks inflict +1d8 damage

Quickblade Magic
Starting at 3rd level you add these spells to your spell list, and can use your paired blades as a spellcasting focus when casting ranger spells. (I could use suggestions for this list. So far I am thinking Misty Step, Haste, and Steel Wind Strike).

Battlefield Acrobatics
Starting at 7th level, your speed increases by 10 feet, and you can move through enemy spaces as if they are unoccupied. You can run along or up vertical surfaces, though you must end your movement on a horizontal surface or fall. Opportunity attacks made against you are made with Disadvantage.

Flashing Blades
At 11th level, your speed with two weapons is unparalleled. When you use your bonus action to make a two-weapon fighting attack, you may make two attacks instead of one.

Cascading Blows
At 15th level, when you miss with a melee weapon attack, you can use your reaction to re-roll that attack.