PDA

View Full Version : Exemplars of Evil

Jarlax
2007-11-02, 04:10 PM
i don't remember there being a thread about this on release, only one when it got previewed. but what did everyone think of the book.

personally i found it to be just like savage species, there was large chunks i was not interested in but a lot of gold running through.

stuff like the invisible fist and infaliable servant spell are prefect for DMs and while i had no interest in the premade BBEGs it is nice to know i have a book with several locations already populated with interesting monsters if i am short on time and want to run a game.

its been out for a little while now, so how has it run in your games?

Fax Celestis
2007-11-02, 04:13 PM
This is one of three books that I do not have possession of yet.

This angers me. Greatly.

Frosty
2007-11-02, 04:16 PM
I liked the premade villains. As a new DM, they give me ideas.

cupkeyk
2007-11-02, 04:37 PM
I love Maiming strike. I wish it was called mutilating strike, which I imagine what you are doing anyway.

Nerd-o-rama
2007-11-02, 09:55 PM
Interestingly, I skimmed the book, and the one thing that caught my eye crunch-wise was a feat I'd take for a Paladin (Strength of Conviction: in case you have to kill a T-Rex or something.)

One other thing I noticed, though, was the Old One-worshipping Bugbear Pirate, who I believe was in one of the web excerpts. That can only have resulted from entirely random character generation.