PDA

View Full Version : Where is the Strength armor enhancement from?

2020-10-13, 02:36 AM
https://www.realmshelps.net/magic/armor/Strength

Realmshelp doesn't list a source for this particular ability. Is this just based on the DMG magic item creation guidelines, or is there an actual published enhancement that gives +4 Strength to an armor for 32,000 gp?

Venger
2020-10-13, 03:16 AM
Magic of faerun p 137. Don't bother with it though, it costs twice as much as the belt of giant strength for the same bonus on a much more valuable body slot, plus you can add this to any hand/arm/waist item without paying extra.

2020-10-13, 03:23 AM
Cool, that sure is it!

Good point about it being pretty inefficient, but I figure it's good to keep in mind in case, like, a warforged wanted it as a self-enhancement or something. Still not the best use of gold, especially since it doesn't go to +6, but it is an option that does exist.

Melcar
2020-10-13, 03:43 AM
Cool, that sure is it!

Good point about it being pretty inefficient, but I figure it's good to keep in mind in case, like, a warforged wanted it as a self-enhancement or something. Still not the best use of gold, especially since it doesn't go to +6, but it is an option that does exist.

The standard stat enchantment can be put on armor... I see no reason to ever pay double for something which IIRC you don't have to.

sreservoir
2020-10-13, 10:31 AM
You could potentially use it as a longer-duration substitute for bull's strength via the armor enhancement infusion (ECS 108). Not that you don't have better options, but it's something.