PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Looking for a skeleton/lich/demilich Race for dnd5e

zinycor
2020-10-16, 04:54 PM
As the title indicates, any good/cool race for a skeleton on 5e.

For this particular concept I was thinking someone who qas kidnapped by an evil wizard who wanted to become a Lich. Then this evil wizard would experiment on this character eventually tranforming them into a skeleton/demilich.

Eventually this skeleton gets free and becomes an adventurer.

Anyway, looking for something balanced, not anything that would eclipse others at the table.

BerzerkerUnit
2020-10-16, 06:46 PM
Skeletonbound Soul
Size: you are small or medium
Speed: 30’
Languages: common and one other based on your previous race. As a function of your soul’s presence you can speak, however only with a hollow voice no living creature would mistake for one of the living. You have disadvantage on persuasion checks.
Senses: Darkvision 30
Ability Score Increases: +2 Dexterity, +1 Con or as your previous race.
Lightweight: as mere bones you way about 1/10th of what you did in life granting you a advantage to acrobatics checks to keep your balance. Additionally, the lack of flesh on your fingers allows you to find purchase in crevices too narrow for a meatbag.
Fragile: you have vulnerability to bludgeoning damage.
Lifeless: you do not need to eat sleep or breathe. You must spend at least 8 hours performing light activity to gain the benefit of a long rest and an hour for a short rest. You are immune to poison, disease, and the poisoned condition.
You count as an Undead for effects that target Undead such as a Cleric’s Channel Divinity.

zinycor
2020-10-16, 07:24 PM
Skeletonbound Soul
Size: you are small or medium
Speed: 30’
Languages: common and one other based on your previous race. As a function of your soul’s presence you can speak, however only with a hollow voice no living creature would mistake for one of the living. You have disadvantage on persuasion checks.
Senses: Darkvision 30
Ability Score Increases: +2 Dexterity, +1 Con or as your previous race.
Lightweight: as mere bones you way about 1/10th of what you did in life granting you a advantage to acrobatics checks to keep your balance. Additionally, the lack of flesh on your fingers allows you to find purchase in crevices too narrow for a meatbag.
Fragile: you have vulnerability to bludgeoning damage.
Lifeless: you do not need to eat sleep or breathe. You must spend at least 8 hours performing light activity to gain the benefit of a long rest and an hour for a short rest. You are immune to poison, disease, and the poisoned condition.
You count as an Undead for effects that target Undead such as a Cleric’s Channel Divinity.

I like it, but since it is related to Lich in nature, maybe spellcasting would fit?

BerzerkerUnit
2020-10-16, 07:39 PM
I like it, but since it is related to Lich in nature, maybe spellcasting would fit?

Since it's a base race any spellcasting can come from a class (actually the norm for Liches). If you'd like to commission a custom Lich subclass for Wizard or a Phylactery based Sorcerer, I can do that for money.

zinycor
2020-10-16, 11:41 PM
Since it's a base race any spellcasting can come from a class (actually the norm for Liches). If you'd like to commission a custom Lich subclass for Wizard or a Phylactery based Sorcerer, I can do that for money.

Not interested in a class, thanks

BerzerkerUnit
2020-10-16, 11:56 PM
Then go Necromancer and have a blast.

zinycor
2020-10-17, 07:54 AM
Actually I was planning on Warlock. Anyway, thanks a lot.

clash
2020-10-28, 02:23 PM
Here is a undead patron I brewed a while back for warlock. It could be a lich with a few minor tweaks. There is also the recent warlock ua which has a few balance issues but is mostly good.

Patron Ascendant Undead:
lvl 1 Deathless Vigor:
When you drop to 0 hit points or would be killed outright you may instead be reduced to 1 hp 1/short rest

Lvl 1: Additional Spells
Spells:
lvl 1: Inflict wounds, ray of sickness
lvl 2: Gentle repose, Blindness/deafness
lvl 3: Phantom Steed, Speak with Dead
lvl 4: Phantasmal Killer, Death ward
lvl 5: Antilife Shell, CloudKill

lvl 6 Rebuke Undead:
As an action, you shout out the name of your patron and harness its control over the undead. Each undead that can hear you within 30 feet of you must make a Wisdom saving throw. If the creature fails its saving throw, it is rebuked for 1 minute or until it takes any damage. While rebuked it cowers in awe. It is incapacitated and has a speed of 0. Once you use this feature, you canít use it again until you finish a short or long rest.

lvl 10 Undead resilience:
You no longer need to eat, breath or sleep but must still rest. In addition you gain resistance to necrotic damage.

lvl 14 Immortal Ascension:
You are given an obsidian box from your patron. Should you choose you can remove your own heart and place in the box in order to gain immortality. Doing so does not injure you in any way and provides the following benefit: You no longer age and cannot die of old age, as well you gain immunity to being poisoned, charmed, or paralyzed. Finally, if you are slain and your heart is not destroyed you rise 24 hours later regaining all your hitpoints.