PDA

View Full Version : Draconic knowledge for Craft skills?

weckar
2020-10-16, 07:46 PM
Draconic knowledge, +6 to every knowledge skill, can be extremely powerful for a 1 level dip. Does something similar or equivalent exist for craft skills? I hate investing much in craft skills, but I hate having the wrong one more. :)

daremetoidareyo
2020-10-16, 07:48 PM
There might be something here: https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?593029-Daremeto-s-Buildiworks-E6-Mundane-crafter

weckar
2020-10-16, 08:06 PM
Not super familiar with the rules of E6, but initiate of tymora isn't going to fly at lv1, requiring cleric 4 and all.
Inquisitor is a neat idea, and I just discovered Focused Domain (artifice) gives a whopping +8 to em all.

Aracor
2020-10-16, 11:24 PM
A psicrystal can give +3 to all craft checks.

weckar
2020-10-16, 11:34 PM
Yeah, that's kinda neat. That adds up. Definitely a good option if I have a PP reserve anyway.

Btw, I am well aware of the knack ability of the Master from DCS. Mostly looking for things to make that significantly better.

Troacctid
2020-10-17, 12:08 AM
Least Dragonmark (Making) gives +2 to all Craft checks. The Artifice domain ability grants a +4 competence bonus to all Craft checks. The magecraft spell (available to sorcerers, wizards, artificers, and magewrights) grants a +5 competence bonus to any Craft check representing a day's work crafting an item.

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-10-17, 12:30 AM
A psicrystal can give +3 to all craft checks.I think you mean +5. It can Aid Another on all of them.

weckar
2020-10-17, 12:31 AM
Artificers get magecraft? I entirely missed that. Neat.

I think you mean +5. It can Aid Another on all of them.
If they make the check. Can't take 10 on Aid Another...

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-10-17, 12:47 AM
If they make the check. Can't take 10 on Aid Another...They get all of your ranks, so any skills you usually use, they're going to have the same ranks as you. They can also use your masterwork tools, and they have feats they can spend on gaining additional bonuses. And if you use powers to boost your skill checks (such as [greater] precognition), you can be sure that you can share it with your psicrystal such that it gains those bonuses, as well.

weckar
2020-10-17, 06:35 AM
They have feats?? A psicrystal can't get a psicrystal, can they? :p

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-10-17, 09:58 AM
They have feats?? A psicrystal can't get a psicrystal, can they? :pPsicrystals have Int scores and gain actual HD as their owners gain in levels, so they gain everything relevant that isn't overridden in their entry, including feats and ability score increases (ASIs); the ASIs listed in the psicrystal granted abilities are separate things entirely, so the HD-based ASIs are also gained.

And no, they can't gain another psicrystal unless they have a ML of 1+; Hidden Valley Ranch Talent doesn't count, although the [Host] feats might. However, psicrystal HD are based on your psion and wilder levels (also PRC levels that count as such), and a creature with 0 HD dies, so unless your psicrystal has the appropriate class levels...

I hate how they restricted psicrystal access, by the way. Ardents, psywars, etc can't get them for this reason unless they multiclass.

noob
2020-10-17, 12:17 PM
There is a bonus rule in a manual that says that for every 5 point by which your helping test exceeds 10 you add +2 more to the assisted check.
So psycrystals will help a lot more than just +5.

ExLibrisMortis
2020-10-17, 12:28 PM
Artificers get magecraft? I entirely missed that. Neat.
It's not an infusion, but artificers can create a temporary wands of magecraft, as they can with other spells.

weckar
2020-10-17, 03:45 PM
Ah, well, not as good then.