PDA

View Full Version : Help With Shaman Spell List

Cryopyre
2007-11-02, 11:51 PM
I'm designing a Shaman for DnD. The general idea is to have a class that functions somewhat as a healer, often as a combatant with elemental spells, and has the new ability to summon totems for aid (apologies to World of Warcraft).

Anyways, with that in mind, I want to see what the OOTS community thinks of this so far:

Shaman Spell List

0 Level: Detect Poison, Detect Magic, Know Direction, Light, Message, Create Water, Cure Minor Wounds, Purify Food and Drink, Ray of Frost
1st Level: Endure elements, Summon Nature's Ally I, Obscuring Mist, Comprehend Languages, Burning Hands, Shocking Grasp, CHill Touch, Feather Fall, Reduce Person, Enlarge Person, Cure Light Wounds, Magic Stone, Entangle, Produce Flame, Shillelagh, Faerie Fire, Goodberry, Longstrider
2nd Level: Bear's Endurance, Bull's Strength, Fox's Cunning, Cat's Grace, Owl's Wisdom, Eagle's Splendor, Cure Moderate Wounds, Summon Nature's Ally II, Delay Poison, Spiritual Weapon, Wind Wall, Soften Earth and Stone, Heat Metal, Fog Cloud, Barkskin, Chill Metal, Gust of Wind, Whispering Wind, Scorching Ray, Flame Blade, Flaming Sphere, Fire Trap, Pyrotechnics, Continual Flame, Levitate, Locate Object, Summon Swarm
3rd Level: Call Lightning, Contagion, Cure Serious Wounds, Meld into Stone, Daylight, Sleet Storm, Neutralize Poison, Plant Growth, Poison, Quench, Remove Disease, Speak with Plants, Stone Shape, Water Breathing, Remove Curse, Water Walk, Summon Nature's Ally III, Spike Growth, Gentle Repose, Rage, Tongues, Fireball, Lightning Bolt, Gaseous Form, Haste, Keen Edge, Clairvoyance/Clairaudience, Freedom of Movement
4th Level: Stoneskin, Solid Fog, Locate Creature, Scrying, Fire Shield, Ice Storm, Wall of Fire, Wall of Ice, Air Walk, Flame Strike, Spike Stones, Summon Nature's Ally IV, Control Water, Blight, Reincarnate, Cure Critical Wounds, Sending
5th Level: Insect Plague, True Seeing, Wall of Stone, Control Winds, Summon Nature's Ally V, Transmute Rock to Mud, Wall of Thorns, Tree Stride, Commune with Nature, Cone of Cold, Reduce Person Mass, Enlarge Person Mass
6th Level: Bull's Strength Mass, Bear's Endurance Mass, Cat's Grace Mass, Owl's Wisdom Mass, Fox's Cunning Mass, Eagle's Splendor Mass, Otiluke's Freezing Sphere, Chain Lightning, Move Earth, Find the Path, Ironwood, Fire Seeds, Live Oak, Summon Nature's Ally VI, Stonetell, Spellstaff, Windwalk
7th Level: Control Weather, Changestaff, Regenerate, Animate Plants, Transmute Metal to Wood, Sunbeam, Heal, Delayed Blast Fireball, Flesh to Stone, Stone to Flesh, Summon Nature's Ally VII, Transport via Plants, Fire Storm
8th Level: Summon Nature's Ally VIII, Polar Ray, Sunburst, Iron Body, Incendiary Cloud, Discern Location, Whirlwind, Repel Metal or Stone, Earthquake, Control Plants
9th Level: Storm of Vengeance, Summon Nature's Ally IX, Elemental Swarm, Foresight, Shambler, Meteor Swarm

Please tell me what spells you think don't belong and what should belong.

Remember, elemental, witchdoctor-y, and plant/nature oriented

Hazkali
2007-11-03, 05:27 AM
Hmm...the Spirit Shaman base class from Complete Divine uses the Druid spell list, so that's a good place to start. Then swap out/put in some element spells (perhaps Summon Monster III and above with the restriction that you can only summon elementals).

One thing I do notice you've done in the spell list is put in things like Fireball, Lightning Bolt etc from the Wizard list. Personally, I think it would be more flavoursome to keep with the Druid "variants" of these spells, as these are much more like the caster is manipulating nature, as opposed to the Wizard spells which are more "flashy".

Cryopyre
2007-11-03, 12:24 PM
Well, I do want to keep some of these more flashy spells, but the ones over the top, like fireball, I'm pondering removing, especially the delayed blast one.

However, I still want ones like fire storm or ice storm and whatnot