PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Getting Value out of an Improvised Weapons build

mehs
2020-10-19, 05:24 AM
I was looking at halfling alternate racial traits, and I noticed one that gave them catch off guards and throw anything in place of halfling weapon familiarity and a +2 to acrobatics and climb. Without having to pay those horrendous feat taxes, I'm now looking at having fun with an improvised weapons build

Currently, I'm now looking at the shikigami style feats. The first gives a +size up for every feat of the line you have, the second lets you take a -2 on attack rolls to get weapon special abilities (brace, disarm, etc), and the third lets you use magic items as improvised magic weapons with a +1 for every 5 caster levels of the item.

For pure numerical bonus, something like Ioun stones have really high caster levels but low costs, but they are just pebbles and I don't have Belkar's pebble prowess anymore. Currently leaning towards a traveler's anytool, for reasons that it can reasonably duplicate any weapon, is pretty cheap at 250, and have a CL of 9.

Metamagic rods could more reasonably be used as improvised maces/staves, possibly other stuff if you can reasonably modify their shape a bit. They also all have 17 CL, so having effectively +4 weapons at level 5 would be nice.

Any advice you can give me? Playing a hafling bard with 10 strength, 16 dex, 16 charisma.

Is there a good way to get weapon special abilities onto (improvised) weapons I used without actually depending on the weapon? If so then agile might be good.

Also, do improvised weapons cost money?