PDA

View Full Version : Can't decide what to tie in with this gestalt

Railak
2020-10-19, 10:29 AM
So my last character died in the campaign, he got into a bad situation. The campaign is using both pathfinder and D&D sources, and a bit of 3rd party, long as it doesn't come from dandwiki I can run it by the DM. The campaign is also a gestalt campaign.
My character idea is a soundweaver (legendary archetype) kineticist using the air element, changes the ability score for kinetic stuff over to charisma, as well as gives a inspire courage like ability.
I was hoping for a more support type role, but open to pretty much anything. Charisma is highest stat then Dex. Wis is average, Strength int and con aren't the greatest hence why the soundweaver archetype.
I looked at bard, but can't find any good archetypes that give up inspire courage since I'd already have it through soundweaver.
Going with air for the blast range.

Also as a side note, I only want to do support type cause I feel like it, not really cause the party needs it so much. If you suggest a good fighter, spell, or skill type I'd be just as willing to do that.. though party doesn't really need a tank, we've got one of those in spades.

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-10-19, 11:35 AM
How about a summons-focused sorcerer with buffs and battlefield control? Summon monsters with additional spells to help the party to save you on resources, to flank, for additional bodies to buff, for Aid Another stuff, and to take hits instead of them, and when you're in a tight spot and don't have enough party members around, you can buff and support your summons. And the BFC is for some additional versatility, in the form of duration AoEs, wall spells, and fog spells, for some added oomph -- preventative measures to keep your party from being overwhelmed in a tight spot.

Railak
2020-10-19, 11:41 AM
Yeah, that's actually a pretty good idea, hadn't really thought about being a summoner type.

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-10-19, 12:30 PM
Yeah, that's actually a pretty good idea, hadn't really thought about being a summoner type.Just make sure the lion's share of attention is placed on your other party members, when possible. So they're there explicitly to help your party, not to take the spotlight.

Railak
2020-10-19, 01:19 PM
I know summoner is a great idea, but are there any other suggestions?

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-10-19, 01:39 PM
I know summoner is a great idea, but are there any other suggestions?If you want buffs, it's hard to get better than the war weaver, from Heroes of Battle. Only 5 levels, but it lets you ready a large buff suite to hit everyone in the party with, all at once. Progress past level 5 using legacy champion if you want more party members and higher level spells to buff with.

You may also want to consider ways to summon as a shorter action. The chronocharm of the uncaring archmage from the MIC, for instance, lets you cast summon spells as a standard action. You can only have one of each type of chronocharm at a time, but nothing says you can't use the rules in the MIC to stack multiple charges onto a single chronocharm.

SangoProduction
2020-10-19, 03:07 PM
Spheres of Power's Wraith class offers an rare and unique way of obtaining intangibility, in addition to opening up sphere casting options like the War, Mana, Life, Enchantment, and other support spheres.
If you want a less controversial means of obtaining access to those spheres, and nice support, there's also the Soul Weaver. You could even take the Lichling archetype and dump that con which isn't so good. Or go with Ghost Sovereign archetype, and get even better supportive power.