PDA

View Full Version : Roleplaying Cleric of Shar

GuestEleven
2020-10-20, 09:24 PM
Greetings! I have always held a passing interest in Shar as a deity, but recently I have started to play BG3 and the character, Shadowheart(a cleric of Shar), has inspired me to create my own cleric of Shar to play in the future. I have just begun to start piecing the character together so any advice for roleplaying a cleric of Shar, backstory ideas or build suggestions are appreciated.

Rogue Assassin 5: This will grant me expertise for deception which will be very useful for secrecy and information gathering, cunning action will help me stay elusive in a fight, uncanny dodge can add some serious survivability and who doesn't love sneak attack. Additionally assassinate will stack well with sneak attack, the poison damage from divine strike and any additional poisons I may add.

Fighter 1: The classic 1 level in fighter dip. The utility is self explanatory, the big grab for this character is the TWF Style.

Trickery Domain Cleric 14: Invoke Duplicity will help get my sneak attack off if I'm alone or can't get advantage through traditional means, divine strike for an extra 1d8 poison damage once per turn on melee strike, 2d8 at 14 levels in cleric. The invisibility is nice in a pinch, as is the stealth advantage for a friendly. Mirror Image is looking like it will be one of my signature spells, anyone have a suggestions for more handy cleric spells?

The character will be human or high elf, it will really depend on how stats turn out. I intend to use TWF with short swords stylized as kukris. For feats I'm looking at Medium Armor Master, Elven Accuracy(if elf), and Dual Wielder. Maybe add Resilence(Dex) or Mobile if I get some very lucky stat rolls.

Seeing as Shar is the Lady of Loss and forgetfulness is in her portfolio I decided it would be fitting for this character to have had amnesia. She was initially grief stricken, but a priest of Shar comforted her, helping her eventually cope with the loss of her identity and eventually embrace it. After becoming deeply embroiled with the church she began blackmailing, rumor spreading and carrying out assassinations in the dark lady's name.

I convinced another player to make a monk of shadow from the Order of the Darkmoon(A monastic order dedicated to Shar) to play alongside my cleric, so I'll also take advice for that character as well. I was thinking we met by both be assigned an assassination mission given by Shar to his order and my clergy. The mark of this assassination was someone being protected by two Moon Knights of Selūne, one an elf paladin and the other a human werewolf ranger/fighter. We managed to kill the mark but was nearly overpowered by the knights shortly after so we escaped, both parties promising the future demise of the other.

My cleric is a pale skinned female(human or elf, not yet decided) with raven black hair. While operating in the open world she acts to be a common cleric of good heart and dresses plainly. When carrying out Shar's work she wears a long black shawl with a hood and an expressionless porcelain mask with a black disk surrounded by a purple sunburst on the forehead.