PDA

View Full Version : Staying in the game (please help!)

UserClone
2007-11-03, 05:04 AM
Ok, I have recently joined an OoTs-type game (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59752) in which, in probably the most rash decision I have ever gone with as a player, my dumb fighter (um, accidentally?) beheaded the plot hook. All of a sudden, a very goofy game got very antagonistic. Everyone wants to have him arrested and turned in to local authorities, and one of the players told me that because his character was neutral good, he was obligated to not give me a chance to redeem myself, in the name of good (and I quote) "roll playing" *notes irony*. My question is, is there some way to convince a (mostly) good party to give a poor-decision-making fighter another chance?:smalleek: (Reading the thread might be helpful, but it's understandable to only skim it, as it's five pages long; I think it's pretty funny, though, actually)

Laurellien
2007-11-03, 07:23 AM
"Abandon hope all ye who enter here!"

Your character is now a dead man walking.

UserClone
2007-11-03, 07:27 AM
Um...thanksnotforthehelp...not?

This suit is blacknot.

Kaelaroth
2007-11-03, 09:15 AM
Claim that you were manipulated by unforseen forces. In DnD no-one can really deny that ever happened. And that'll give your character some more role-playing power than just "DUMB FIGHTER". Also, your friend is being a jerk. A good character would realise you were most likely confused, and it was an accident (if it really was), and would give you one, if not more than one chance to redeem yourself. He is fishing for undeserved XP, feel angry. :smallfurious:

VerdugoExplode
2007-11-03, 10:13 AM
Why did you kill the plot hook anyway?

Laurellien
2007-11-03, 01:10 PM
Claim that you were manipulated by unforseen forces. In DnD no-one can really deny that ever happened. And that'll give your character some more role-playing power than just "DUMB FIGHTER". Also, your friend is being a jerk. A good character would realise you were most likely confused, and it was an accident (if it really was), and would give you one, if not more than one chance to redeem yourself. He is fishing for undeserved XP, feel angry. :smallfurious:

The group has only just met, so a total stranger who keeps falling over just killed a (possibly) innocent man.

sikyon
2007-11-03, 02:44 PM
Kill them all first in "self-defense" when they threaten you.

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2007-11-03, 02:58 PM
Don't you think the Unholy Symbol of Hextor will save Frank? :smallamused:

UserClone
2007-11-03, 05:45 PM
Don't you think the Unholy Symbol of Hextor will save Frank? :smallamused:

Um, wow. I...oh, wow. Remind me who is dumb here, me or the fighter. The DM was trying to passively save my butt, and I glossed right over it. Geez. Also, remind me to get you a refill on that popcorn.:smallwink:

Lord Lorac Silvanos
2007-11-03, 09:17 PM
Also, remind me to get you a refill on that popcorn.:smallwink:

That is always appreciated, just don't trip on the way. :smalltongue: