PDA

View Full Version : Would you pay book price for the New World?

UserClone
2007-11-03, 07:54 AM
Let Rich know!

Please specify if you would be willing to buy (and how much you would spend)the Campaign Setting, the Guide on World Creation, or both!

1. For me, I'd buy either or both, up to $40 apiece (depending on length); I love the Giant's writing style!

Occasional Sage
2007-11-07, 03:04 AM
There are, frankly, too many variables for me to know what I'd really, actually pay. I doubt, frankly, that I'd invest much-if-anything in a setting book/boxed set/fedora/whatever, for a variety of reasons.

Now, if the hypothetical Guide to World Creation were to see the light of day I would buy several. Heck, I'd pay for several downloads of a .pdf version. I know a few people who don't peruse these boards who would find them fascinating and/or useful.

Zafuel
2007-11-10, 01:50 PM
Would you pay for the bridge at Avignon?

feras
2007-11-17, 11:18 AM
I love New World! So I would pay a lot!

Mikie_
2008-12-10, 04:52 PM
I think I would definitely be interested in the guide to world/setting creation. I'm working through setting one up myself and the articles that are already there have been a big help.

Salty
2008-12-11, 05:05 PM
I would pay as more than I would for other published settings. I really think that Rich has a lot of awesome ideas, and it would be worth a lot more then a setting that only has minor changes, such as certain new classes or races, or certain classes or races don't exist. The World is more than that. The world is a new way of looking at the game, showing that the rules aren't set in stone, and that maybe magic isn't divine and arcane. His ideas aren't getting rid of DnD's fundamentals, but instead are showing them in a different way. The World isn't just another place to play, it's another way to play. Not to say that the other features, such as politics aren't as good. To the contrary, judging from OotS, the politics and history could be better than the current favored settings. I would definitely pay for a finished version of The World, whether it's published, a PDF, or some other creative method I can't think of; it would be worth it.

Kroy
2008-12-11, 06:16 PM
I would... except he's posting it online for free:smalltongue:

Dragonus45
2008-12-15, 12:04 AM
I think the point of the thread is send the Giant the message that we would pay for the new world if we had to to get it going again. Not that he needs this thread for it, i think there's a petition out there somewhere. Also i think he's mentioned its a back priority that he'll get to when he can. As much as i loved the articles i like OOTS more so i can wait for his schedule if it keeps OOTS as high quality as it is. That said WE ARE ALL PLEADING FOR SOME NEW NEW WORLD ARTICLES, PLEASE OH PLEASE CONTINUE THEM. :smallbiggrin:

Jayngfet
2008-12-15, 01:34 AM
For the full setting plus instructions, I'd buy it.

insecure
2008-12-15, 05:43 PM
I, too, would buy it along with the instructions.

KIDS
2008-12-17, 09:50 AM
After a bit of consideration, probably not. Maybe if it was cheaper, though. I just don't have a lot of attachment to any particular campaign setting, no matter how well crafted. In fact, the more detailed it is, the more likely it is to turn me off.

How about not 40$ but, say, 20$?