PDA

View Full Version : One Shot character choices and roleplay

KyleG
2020-10-23, 09:53 PM
About to play a level 6 1-2 Shot with the other characters a fighter, a swarmkeeper and a land druid in a fairly urban environment. Now i was planning on going armorer (build i was thinking would have been 3 wiz, 3 armorer, bb as offensive or pure with second attack maybe.) but i cant figure out the personality for someone highly intelligent getting into a powersuit not just for protection but to tank and draw fire to themselves. I dont want to be tony stark, i would want to be Doc Brown more in personality. I would love your suggestions here.

So unless i can get a concept im open to other class suggestions. I tend towards loners so i want someone more outgoing. Maybe a little 11th doctor more than 10th sort of thing ;) Maybe a bard would work with this lineup of other pcs, or maybe i should just go swashbuckler.

Lots of maybes. Hope for some cool roleplay and class-build feedback.

CTurbo
2020-10-24, 01:16 AM
Tabaxi Swashbuckler 5, with 1 level of Draconic Sorcerer in there somewhere.

Start with 16 Dex and bump it to 18 at Rogue 4.

1 level of Draconic Sorc gets you Booming Blade, 3 other cantrips, the Shield spell plus one other, and a 13+Dex AC.

It's be fun to RP a cat person with some dragon features.

Unoriginal
2020-10-24, 07:31 AM
About to play a level 6 1-2 Shot with the other characters a fighter, a swarmkeeper and a land druid in a fairly urban environment. Now i was planning on going armorer (build i was thinking would have been 3 wiz, 3 armorer, bb as offensive or pure with second attack maybe.) but i cant figure out the personality for someone highly intelligent getting into a powersuit not just for protection but to tank and draw fire to themselves. I dont want to be tony stark, i would want to be Doc Brown more in personality. I would love your suggestions here.

How about an inventor who was commissioned to create the power suit and then put it on to test it/when they got attacked?

Doc Brown-style mad scientists are hardly cautious people.

8wGremlin
2020-10-27, 01:54 AM
I had a hankering to play an armourer 4, Moon Druid 2
Cus that armour changes shape to cover what ever form you're in and the blast of the lightning can come from your chest or hand.
Iron Bear is scary.