PDA

View Full Version : Anyway to gain cold IMMUNITY?

Odessa333
2020-10-26, 01:31 PM
Topic. Doing some research into this now, so if anyone knows of a way to do this, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks!

KorvinStarmast
2020-10-26, 01:33 PM
Topic. Doing some research into this now, so if anyone knows of a way to do this, I'd love to hear from you. Thanks!
IIRC, the Ring of Winter confers this, but I think that's either a legendary item or an artifact.

Corran
2020-10-26, 01:39 PM
Investiture of ice is one way to do this (edit: immunity to cold damage specifically, but the spell description is flavorful enough if you want to allow it any additional benefits regarding to how comfortable the caster would be in subzero temperatures). 6th level spells available to druids, sorcerers, warlocks and wizards.

RogueJK
2020-10-26, 01:54 PM
Level 6+ Tundra Storm Herald Barbarians are immune to natural cold (though only resistant to magical cold).

Otiluke's Resilient Sphere would make the person inside immune to any Cold effects.

The 9th level True Polymorph or Shapechange spells would allow you to change into one of the various creatures with Cold immunity.

The 9th level Invulnerability spell would make you immune to Cold damage.

Eldariel
2020-10-26, 03:36 PM
Level 6+ Tundra Storm Herald Barbarians are immune to natural cold (though only resistant to magical cold).

Otiluke's Resilient Sphere would make the person inside immune to any Cold effects.

The 9th level True Polymorph or Shapechange spells would allow you to change into one of the various creatures with Cold immunity.

The 9th level Invulnerability spell would make you immune to Cold damage.

Magic Jar also. There are at least two humanoids I know in adventures that have cold immunity (one in ToA, one in PotA). Of course, you could go through the more elaborate "True Polymorph an enemy, Magic Jar said enemy, dismiss True Polymorph" to possess any body you might want.

Ganryu
2020-10-26, 04:42 PM
Pyromancer specifically says you can reflavor it to any element. So pick Ice and call it Cryomancer.

JackPhoenix
2020-10-26, 05:57 PM
Cold resistance + White Dragon Mask from RoT supplement available here (https://media.wizards.com/2014/downloads/dnd/RiseTiamatSupplement_Printer.pdf).