PDA

View Full Version : ways to power up consumptive field? not greater

newguydude1
2020-10-28, 06:12 AM
consumptive field is replicatable by limited wish, but not greater consumptive field. that requires either a wyrm wizard or wish.

no dragon magazine so no chicken infested. summon elemental doesnt work with consumptive field. at least i dont think it does. i mean i can beat an elemental to negative hp, but im pretty sure summon rules trump consumptive field so they disappear before being slain by the consumptive field. unless someone provides raw otherwise.

best i got is halasters fetch. was wondering if there was a less cruel method as i want to power it up daily.

i also have access to simulacrum. is there a creature that spawns fodder that i can sacrifice? madcrafter of thoon spawns scythers but as constructs theyre immune to consumptive field. so something like that.

cant use create lantern archon because its sanctified and im pretty sure what im doing is evil with a capital e.

edit: found one. great old master neogi from mmii. spawns a ton of neogi spawns like crazy. but its advancement is "-" so i can only make a half hd simulacrum of it which runs into some issues.

sleepyphoenixx
2020-10-28, 06:37 AM
Bag of Tricks should work. The animals it produces can explicitly be slain, so they can definitely fall under 0hp.
You'd need to buy several if you want to use it every day but at 900gp for a grey one they're not exactly expensive.

Great Old Master Neogi was updated in LoM. And you can just use Polymorph since its Spit Spawn ability is both (Ex) and classed as a special attack.

newguydude1
2020-10-28, 06:40 AM
Great Old Master Neogi was updated in LoM. And you can just use Polymorph since its Spit Spawn ability is both (Ex) and classed as a special attack.

holy ****

why the hell isnt this combination in every single consumptive field thread ever made?

gg. you win. thanks man. thread over. <3 <3 <3

i love you.

St Fan
2020-10-28, 06:43 AM
Just pay the local ratcatchers to bring you a few dozen live rats. That can't be much expensive, and you're doing community service by getting rid of vermin.

sleepyphoenixx
2020-10-28, 06:55 AM
holy ****

why the hell isnt this combination in every single consumptive field thread ever made?

gg. you win. thanks man. thread over. <3 <3 <3

i love you.

You're welcome.

And i have no idea, i only know of it in relation with Aberration Wild Shape.
Which i was going to suggest first, but it runs into the issue of GoM Neogi being huge.
But then i went "wait a minute, doesn't Polymorph...". And yes, it does. :smallbiggrin:

newguydude1
2020-10-28, 09:16 AM
i figured out why. clerics dont have polymorph haha.

sleepyphoenixx
2020-10-28, 11:17 AM
i figured out why. clerics dont have polymorph haha.
You may have a point, but i figure anyone trying to optimize cleric-anything should at least consider Greater Anyspell or domains (like Transformation).

Olo Demonsbane
2020-10-29, 02:12 PM
Chicken cost 2cp each, so you can get 50 of them for 1gp. If you have an enveloping pit or something like that, you can bring along a whole set of them while you adventure. Alternatively, as an arcane spellcaster, you can teleport to a nearby town and just buy them each day. Chickens are a trade good, so they should be in good supply.