PDA

View Full Version : Kinky D&D

Ettina
2020-10-28, 05:06 PM
We've probably all heard the horror stories of the PC or DM who brings their fetish into their D&D in an inappropriate way that makes everyone else at the table uncomfortable. But has anyone had good experiences with fetish-themed D&D? My brother has a thing for vore, and he's played D&D over discord with a group who all have vore fetishes and enjoyed having a D&D campaign with lots of vore content (I'm jealous, since I haven't found any ABDLs to play with yet). Anyone else have a similar experience? What kinds of things do you do differently in session 0 if you're setting up a kinky D&D campaign? What was it like to play in a campaign like that?

NorthernPhoenix
2020-10-28, 05:16 PM
Without judging less common tastes, i think if you are going to do R rated DND it's generally a good idea to start with regular Cinemax tier R rated scenes before introducing anything particularly wild. Going from 0-100 with this sort of thing generally doesn't work as well as introducing it gradually, even to people who have already bought in to the general, broad premise of "R rated DND".

JoeJ
2020-10-28, 05:24 PM
I've seen things like the Book of Unlawful Carnal Knowledge, but nobody I know has ever tried playing with anything like that. Personally, I wouldn't have any desire whatsoever to go there with my friends. All my kinky roleplaying is kept strictly between me and my wife.

Anonymouswizard
2020-10-28, 05:30 PM
Although I've never experienced it, I've heard that sexually explicit TTRPGs are more common than it seems, many groups leave it as 'fade to black' but some do roleplay the actual encounter.

Going beyond that into whatever kink you personally have, the rule is to bring it up in session 0 and ask where people's lines are. This applies to almost everything, but is extra important to sexual topics, and you build up to them slowly unless the group is used to it.

The closest I've ever personally got is characters with different nudity taboos to the setting and/or modern society, and how to deal with this (generally 'don't bring the game to a halt' and, if lesser than standard in-setting taboos, 'your character covers up in town explicitly to not cause a scene'). I'm not going to go further into it though, as it might go overboard, but I've had a couple of characters who were fine baring areas that others wouldn't, or had to discuss the use of historically accurate clothing in a game.

Roland St. Jude
2020-10-28, 05:50 PM
Sheriff: This isn't likely to be or remain forum-appropriate.