PDA

View Full Version : personal weapon augmentation question

Doresain
2007-11-03, 01:52 PM
im playing a warforged artificer and ive got a question about the personal weapon augmentation...if i give my slam attack construct bane, does this effect me in any way? i dont have any of the books right now, so i cant really look it up myself

Skyserpent
2007-11-03, 02:42 PM
It doesn't, just like if you give a gauntlet fiery it doesn't hurt the wielder at all.

Doresain
2007-11-03, 04:11 PM
yeah but a gauntlet is different than using a part of your body...and, though i might be mistaken, doesnt a bane weapon give a negative level to a creature using a weapon of their bane?

ex: goblin using a goblin bane mace

i could be, and more than likely am, wrong...but i dont have the book in front of me at the moment so i have no idea

lord_khaine
2007-11-03, 04:15 PM
it wont hurt you unless you actualy start hitting yourself, i would recomend you against doing that...

brian c
2007-11-03, 04:17 PM
Bane weapons (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/magicWeapons.htm#bane)

No mention of negative levels; Holy/Unholy and Anarchic/Axiomatic do that, but not Bane. The only bad thing that could happen is if your character has an older brother who makes him hit himself...

The_Snark
2007-11-03, 04:17 PM
Nope, it doesn't. There are several instances where it makes perfect sense for a race to widely manufacture and wield bane weapons that would work against their own type. Dragonborn with dragonbane weapons, drow with elfbane weapons...

... demons could get a ton of use out of evil outsider-bane weapons, between the Blood War and their own eternal infighting...

Doresain
2007-11-03, 07:37 PM
whew, alright thanks for clearing that up