PDA

View Full Version : Freedom of movement spell and hindering magic visual effects?

eyebreaker7
2020-10-30, 05:48 PM
If I'm flying (or even on the ground I guess it doesn't really matter) and I have freedom of movement on me, what happens to the effect of something like a web spell or a tanglefoot bag or anything similar? I mean what does it look like when it "hits me"? Does it simply dissapear, go through me, ???

"This spell enables you or a creature you touch to move and attack normally for the duration of the spell, even under the influence of magic that usually impedes movement, such as paralysis, solid fog, slow, and web. The subject automatically succeeds on any grapple check made to resist a grapple attempt, as well as on grapple checks or Escape Artist checks made to escape a grapple or a pin."

Troacctid
2020-10-30, 05:55 PM
As the caster, you can describe the visual effects of your spells however you choose.

Segev
2020-10-30, 06:12 PM
Yeah, I'd say you can stunt it however you think makes sense and looks best/coolest. ...er, "stunt" being short-hand from Exalted for "give the description of what's happening on the narrative layer."

Crake
2020-10-30, 06:13 PM
It doesn't stop you from being affected by things like web or tanglefoot bags, it simply stops those things from impeding you. So in the case of the webs, they'd stick to you, but you'd be able to carry on unimpeded, and the webs would snap back into place. In the case of a tanglefoot bag, you'd get covered in a gooey substance, but it wouldnt cause you to be entangled, simply stick to you like goop without restraining you. In the latter case, if you were to be dispelled after being hit by the tanglefoot bag, you would suddenly feel the goop get much more viscous and make it hard to move, until it finally hardened and became brittle enough to break off.