PDA

View Full Version : E6 Best/Coolest/Fun Living Spells

Morof Stonehands
2020-10-30, 07:01 PM
A large part of a game I will be playing will include living spells. So I'm trying to get a nice premade stack of living spells ready for the players to fight.

This is an 3.5 E6 game, so spells cap at level 3!

What are your silliest living spells? Might not be a challenge, but will be good for a laugh?
What are the most powerful? Guaranteed kills?
What are the most annoying?
Which ones are unique, or have really cool effects?

noob
2020-10-30, 07:19 PM
A classic is that spell which creates a lot of horses.
Flood the world with horses which is both pointless and annoying.
For murderous living spells try living all the damage and save or die and save or suffer something spells together.
For odd results try living reincarnate(people are just reincarnated while alive because the living spell component allows to have their effect on things that would not be valid targets)
The evilest living spell was a living wish and dominate monster that dominated a small creature and abuses unlimited wishes granted to a creature it controls.
Living unending thirst(or was it unquenchable thirst?) might result in people within it trying to drink it since it is an ooze.
Living glitterdust and fireball is already stated but it is quite dangerous.
Living stone to flesh can add an odd rotten flesh theme to the area it lives in.
Wait I realised there was a level cap at 3.
So I guess living mount, living "so many damage spells", living animate dead, living cure light wound and the like are what are supposed to be created.
By the way living animate dead causes instant undeath when it engulfs living creatures since it applies the effect regardless of whenever it is a valid target.

MaxiDuRaritry
2020-10-30, 07:24 PM
I know this is for e6, but for anyone not familiar, go look at the spell sovereign PrC, from Dragon #357. It lets you create living spells and even take one as a familiar. Combine with the changeling wizard racial substitution levels for morphic familiar (which lets your familiar change into any familiar you have available as options) and enjoy having all the lower level spells in the game basically at will.

daremetoidareyo
2020-10-30, 08:08 PM
Living fuse arms + grim revenge. Blend their arms together, and then rip off their one arm, which then begins attacking them.