PDA

View Full Version : Arcane Disciple Suggestions for Unseen Seer

Falcii
2020-11-01, 03:13 PM
So I am building a Spellthief 1/ Warmage 4/ Unseen Seer X (I'll pick up Spellwarp Sniper later, maybe throw in some ToB, who knows.) but I need to have two divination spells to pick up unseen Seer. Sadly, Warmage has only 1 (True Strike). I have a spare feat slot for Arcane Disciple so I figured I could shore up that 1 missing spell easy enough.

Any suggestions on solid domains that provide at least 1 non-True Strike divination spell that will be useful for my sneak attacking caster?

Worth noting, I am gonna be pretty MAD already so spells after level 5 likely don't matter a ton.

lylsyly
2020-11-01, 03:43 PM
Why not just use the Divination Domain. 1st level spell is Identify, always useful that is ;-)

sreservoir
2020-11-01, 03:46 PM
Travel domain has locate object at 2nd and the whole list is pretty good so that'd be my top low-effort pick.

Knowledge, Inquisition, Mind, and Oracle are the obvious divination domains, though that may or may not be what you want out of a domain.

Portal domain has analyze portal at 2nd and some teleportation later, but I'd say Travel is more generally useful unless you're going to be in a position to cast Gate.

Dream, Fate, Planning have augury at 2nd.

Incarnum domain has detect incarnum at 1st; the spells are super whatever, but if you're in it for the req it has the niche of not restricting your choice of god, I guess.

Cavern domain has detect secret doors(????) at 1st.

Undeath domain has detect undead at 1st, and of course the rest of the domain is undead stuff.

Magic domain has identify at 2nd.

Liberation domain has omen of peril at 1st. Also notably mind blank at 8th, which might still be worth boosting Wis to cast daily at the point where you get it.

Community domain has status at 2nd(!).

Cerefel
2020-11-13, 02:13 PM
Does it have to be Arcane Disciple? There are some other feats that add spells to your list such as bloodline feats from Dragon Compendium or Mother Cyst from Libris Mortis. For example, Illithid Bloodline Could give you Detect Thoughts to qualify for Unseen Seer and also add some nice high-level spells to your list like Mind Blank and Dominate Monster.

Troacctid
2020-11-13, 02:22 PM
I have a spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qJgllIcDBC9Lg_dq9MFCKUHnRV9qdlRAklF8bTYpook/edit?usp=drivesdk

I feel like that's kind of my catchphrase.

Anthrowhale
2020-11-13, 04:36 PM
I have a spreadsheet. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qJgllIcDBC9Lg_dq9MFCKUHnRV9qdlRAklF8bTYpook/edit?usp=drivesdk

I feel like that's kind of my catchphrase.

It's a good catchphrase and that's quite handy. It would be nice to have something similar for other casters although that may be a fair bit of work unless there is programmatic access to lists.

Troacctid
2020-11-13, 05:28 PM
It's a good catchphrase and that's quite handy. It would be nice to have something similar for other casters although that may be a fair bit of work unless there is programmatic access to lists.
I have another spreadsheet with just the domains. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g7eqfWiBG63Y6OulrIfD0Glo5ugoviAM5PUUGN60Hto/edit#gid=54167496

But if you copy the warmage spreadsheet, you can change the numbers on the main sheet to the appropriate ratings for the new class, and the rest should auto-fill. (Pro tip, if you sort the columns alphabetically by spell name, you can go down a spell level at a time and get it done quicker.)

Anthrowhale
2020-11-13, 06:16 PM
I have another spreadsheet with just the domains. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1g7eqfWiBG63Y6OulrIfD0Glo5ugoviAM5PUUGN60Hto/edit#gid=54167496

But if you copy the warmage spreadsheet, you can change the numbers on the main sheet to the appropriate ratings for the new class, and the rest should auto-fill. (Pro tip, if you sort the columns alphabetically by spell name, you can go down a spell level at a time and get it done quicker.)

I wish I had time...

Something minor: there is some conflict inherent in arcane disciple[transformation] since transformation is the domain of no deities (... unfortunate as transformation has a really great spell list).

Zarvistic
2020-11-14, 07:33 AM
You could also save the feat and use eclectic learning instead to pick a divination spell.

bean illus
2020-11-14, 01:07 PM
You could also save the feat and use eclectic learning instead to pick a divination spell.

You could, easily, if you wanted a zero level divination.

You could also just buy a divination spell (with the dm's cooperation, and a bit of story).

Dragonblood Spell-Pact is a Sorcerer 5 spell. It'll cost you 1,000 gp, if you can find someone who will do it. Less if they happen to want the spell you're trading.