PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Battle Jump and Shock Trooper

Vault756
2020-11-02, 06:28 PM
I have a few questions regarding the combination of these two feats.

When I "charge" at a person with Battle Jump and attack them; can I use heedless charge to take the penalty for power attacking to my AC?

When I "charge" at a person with Battle Jump and I am able to make a full-round attack at the end(via Pounce or from having an additional move action) do I apply the damage bonus from Battle Jump to the entire full-round attack or is it just the first hit?

When I charge at a person with Battle Jump can I make that charge into a Bull Rush? If so can I utilize the Domino Rush effect of Shock Trooper? IF SO would I get the size bonus to Trip attempts from Battle Jump?

Venger
2020-11-02, 06:30 PM
The answer to all of your questions is "yes." This is why these feats are often taken together. Remember to add the bonus from attacking from higher ground.

Gruftzwerg
2020-11-02, 09:18 PM
I have a few questions regarding the combination of these two feats.

When I "charge" at a person with Battle Jump and attack them; can I use heedless charge to take the penalty for power attacking to my AC?
all charge modifiers stack unless otherwise mentioned. There are more charge multipliers if yo should be interested in stacking em.

When I "charge" at a person with Battle Jump and I am able to make a full-round attack at the end(via Pounce or from having an additional move action) do I apply the damage bonus from Battle Jump to the entire full-round attack or is it just the first hit?
- via pounce, YES, you do apply charge modifiers to all your attacks this round.
- via taking an extra move action and a regular full attack, NO, because you aren't using Charge with your full attack (without pounce). Charge is a special full-round action with a single attack regularly. Adding a move action won't change anything.

When I charge at a person with Battle Jump can I make that charge into a Bull Rush? If so can I utilize the Domino Rush effect of Shock Trooper? IF SO would I get the size bonus to Trip attempts from Battle Jump?
As said, you can stack all kind of Charge modifiers.

e.g You could also do a "diving" charge (when flying) for another charge multiplier with piercing and slashing weapons. Combat Brute has another Power Attack modifier for Charge attacks. Sandals of the Tigerleap modifes unarmed charge attacks. .... and more...

Just google for "ubercharger 3.5" for more info on this topic ;)

edit: or have a look at some of my uberchargers below in my signature: Papa Smurf, Hammerdin, ShurikeNado, Almighty Claw.. hf ;)

Vault756
2020-11-02, 09:22 PM
@Venger: This is what I was hoping but I wasn't sure. Thank you.

@Gruftzwerg: If I jump with my move action is it not considered a charge if I drop from enough height onto the enemy? So I should be able to activate Belt of Battle for a free move action, jump as part of my move action, then I'll be considered charging and I'll still be able to use a full-round action. Is this inaccurate?

JNAProductions
2020-11-02, 09:48 PM
@Venger: This is what I was hoping but I wasn't sure. Thank you.

@Gruftzwerg: If I jump with my move action is it not considered a charge if I drop from enough height onto the enemy? So I should be able to activate Belt of Battle for a free move action, jump as part of my move action, then I'll be considered charging and I'll still be able to use a full-round action. Is this inaccurate?

Yes, that is innaccurate. Charge is its own full-round action. It is not just moving and attacking on the same turn.

Vault756
2020-11-03, 12:02 AM
Yes, that is innaccurate. Charge is its own full-round action. It is not just moving and attacking on the same turn.

Battle Jump states: "You can execute a charge by simply dropping from a height of at least 5 feet above your opponent."

Are you saying that a move action where I drop on my opponent from jumping does NOT count as a charge unless I executed it as a charge before hand? So the feat doesn't just turn my drops into charges? Because from the way I'm reading it it's "If I'm dropping on my opponent from a height of at least 5 feet this movement is treated as me charging."

JNAProductions
2020-11-03, 12:03 AM
Ah-that's my bad. I didn't know what Battle Jump was-thought it was like Shock Trooper.

Then not sure.

Gruftzwerg
2020-11-03, 12:08 AM
Battle Jump states: "You can execute a charge by simply dropping from a height of at least 5 feet above your opponent."

Are you saying that a move action where I drop on my opponent from jumping does NOT count as a charge unless I executed it as a charge before hand? So the feat doesn't just turn my drops into charges? Because from the way I'm reading it it's "If I'm dropping on my opponent from a height of at least 5 feet this movement is treated as me charging."

Sadly yes, it is how it is. Just read the text carefully:

You can execute..
"can" implies that you need to make decision to do it > assigning your actions this round as a full-round action charge (by dropping down on your enemy for the Battle Jump boost).

edit: k post arrived to late.. problem already solved^^