PDA

View Full Version : Player Help Mythic Exemplar

Melcar
2020-11-03, 08:17 PM
So... Mythic Exemplar, not the best of classes, but it has things that add to the Marshal.

So, taking Sir Reikhardt as patron, at level 3, 5, 7, 9 you get Archetype Advancement, which for Sir Reikhardt gives you: +1 level of a class-based extraordinary ability to grant bonuses to allies (such as a marshal's auras).

But what does that mean exactly?

Does it mean:

A) The bonus granted by your auras increase by +1 at level 3, 5, 7, 9?

or

B) Your effective Marshal level increases by +1 at level 3, 5, 7, 9?

or C) Something completely different?

Also, would Archtype Advancement increase Draconic Auras given by Dragon Lord and Dragon Sharman?

Thanks!

ExLibrisMortis
2020-11-03, 08:28 PM
It's B, unfortunately, and yes, it would scratch that, they're untyped and (Su) respectively. Looks like it only works with marshal.

Edit: Divine Mind doesn't work either--those auras are (Su). However, another Miniatures Handbook class, the Warchief, has Tribal Frenzy, which can be improved by ME.

Mythic Exemplar is a horrible class. For me, it's one of the biggest disappointments in the entire game. It really looks like it should do something cool, but there's just nothing there.

Thurbane
2020-11-03, 09:01 PM
You'd probably be better off with Legacy Champion or Uncanny Trickster.

Melcar
2020-11-04, 03:42 AM
It's B, unfortunately, and yes, it would scratch that, they're untyped and (Su) respectively. Looks like it only works with marshal.

Edit: Divine Mind doesn't work either--those auras are (Su). However, another Miniatures Handbook class, the Warchief, has Tribal Frenzy, which can be improved by ME.

Mythic Exemplar is a horrible class. For me, it's one of the biggest disappointments in the entire game. It really looks like it should do something cool, but there's just nothing there.

You'd probably be better off with Legacy Champion or Uncanny Trickster.

Ok... How crappy is this class... man, what a letdown!

Thanks for you replies anywho :)

Thurbane
2020-11-04, 03:43 PM
I'm sure there are other Ex abilities that grant bonuses to allies, but you'd have to go searching PrCs for the most part - and I'm still not sure ME would be worthwhile, over just taking more levels of the classes in question.

There was an Iron Chef round where people did some interesting things, though: Iron Chef Optimization Challenge X (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?164381)

Unfortunately it was before the table format changed on the forums, so the build tables are all messed up.