PDA

View Full Version : D&D 5e/Next Inspiration Needed for Monsters

Prince Vine
2020-11-04, 08:16 AM
I've been working on creating new monsters for my group that will present something unexpected when half the group has read all the manuals. I am running a bit dry on inspiration after a few beasties though. I was looking for any community members that might have pictures of various cool monsters I could use as a baseline to try to come up with stats for.

I do use Homebrewery for my write-ups but don't intend to publish anything but am willing to share whatever I end up coming up with. I am crediting artists when I put the little pictures that inspired the creature in with the stat blocks, probably just a good habit since I don't think anyone but me is ever going to see them.

D&D_Fan
2020-11-04, 01:41 PM
Depending on whether you want a species or a unique character, I have some suggestions

An Ice-nine elemental who is turning all water on the planet into more of itself. It doesn't see what it is doing as wrong, since if water turns into more ice, then ice is ideal, and it is the right thing to do to make all water on the planet into ice.

A lich who was evil, but was turned good due to a magic accident. Seeks to repent from his wrongdoings by creating more souls.

A small church who worships an obscure deity who happens to be an omnipotent ancient god. The church does not realize the full scope of who they are worshipping.

A clan of early humans who were cryonically frozen in ice for millions of years.

A society of intelligent crystals who are evil and use mind control powers. They are carried around by thralls.

A squadron of cyborg spacetime marines from the future who have been sent to eliminate a threat on the planet.

A giant halflings who are periodically attacked by diminutive ogres.

A cult dedicated to the worship of radiation. Their paladins wield weapons made of radioactive materials.

A primitive culture who has access to advanced technologies like television, guns, and microwaved food, but lacks basic technologies such as irrigation bronze and wheels.