PDA

View Full Version : 3rd Ed Looking for a specific set of armor.

Darkwood2027
2020-11-05, 10:14 AM
Somewhere in the vast library that is d&d 3.5 (or possibly 3.0) there is a set of armor that can be partially put together or taken apart, altering it from a heavy suit of armor with AC +7, to medium and light armor with +5 and +3 AC? (Could be wrong)

I can neither remember the name of this armor nor the book it is described in. But I do recall that it was less effective than full plate when fully assembled.

hamishspence
2020-11-05, 10:27 AM
While it's not quite what you're looking for, the rules for the various "armour pieces" aside from body armour, in the Diablo II: Diablerie book, might be of interest.

None of the pieces grant an AC bonus that stacks with body armour, but they do grant bonuses that stack with each other.

The best of each, are +2 for Greaves (feet) +2 for Gauntlets (hands, does not stack with shield) +2 for Belt, and +4 for Helmet.

So you could have a +10 bonus. Less than Full plate (+11 in Diablerie) and no shield bonus - but very good.

And you can remove part of it if you find a better item that isn't AC-granting - so you can reduce or increase the suit at your discretion.

EDIT: Wrong about all this - only the best one grants an AC bonus and none of the others stack with it.

liquidformat
2020-11-05, 10:35 AM
I believe this might be the gear armor?(not sure if that is the name) in Races of Stone. Or you might be thinking of something from Arms and Equipment Guide. I am AFB so can't check but those two books are your best bet.

hamishspence
2020-11-05, 10:44 AM
Found it - it's Sectioned Armour from Planar Handbook. Fully suited, being Masterwork, it has exactly the same stats as Masterwork Full Plate (including -5 armour check penalty instead of -6). Costs more though (for the ability to reduce the suit) - 3000 gp instead of 1650 gp.

Darkwood2027
2020-11-05, 10:46 AM
I believe this might be the gear armor?(not sure if that is the name) in Races of Stone. Or you might be thinking of something from Arms and Equipment Guide. I am AFB so can't check but those two books are your best bet.

Sorry, the Interlocking Plate and Interlocking Scale from Races of Stone look promising, but all they do is grant a +2 bonus to AC if you don't move more than 5 feet in a round.

And nothing in the Arms and Equipment Guide looks like the set I'm looking for. It's supposed to come apart in sections. Sectional Plate? That sounds right...Google is not helpful.

Darkwood2027
2020-11-05, 10:49 AM
Found it - it's Sectioned Armour from Planar Handbook. Fully suited, being Masterwork, it has exactly the same stats as Masterwork Full Plate (including -5 armour check penalty instead of -6). Costs more though (for the ability to reduce the suit) - 3000 gp instead of 1650 gp.

YES! That's the one! Thank you good sir, I owe you a cookie or something!