PDA

View Full Version : Playable Race question

rediridesence
2020-11-05, 11:38 PM
does anyone here know of a playable ECL 1 (aka LA 0) race that gives bonuses to both intelligence AND charisma? looking to try a weird class that is MAD (INT for spell DC, and CHA for other class features).
Looking to try odd classes to see how things turn out.

I am willing to do +1 LA if it HAS to happen, but would prefer not to. (anything higher then LA 1 is a no-go)

Doctor Despair
2020-11-05, 11:48 PM
Well, immediately, two easy LA 0 templates are Unseeley Fey and Magic Blooded which, in addition to the other effects, grant these cumulative stat adjustments:

-2 Strength
+2 Dexterity
-2 Constitution
+4 Charisma
-2 Wisdom

With regard to intelligence, it's a little tougher. Dragons can take Spellhoarding, but there's not much else at LA0. Bloodlines are an option, and a major bloodline can give +1 Int at level 15, or +1 Cha as early as level 3.

No, for intelligence, I think races are your best option. Could I suggest being a Half-Giant (LA 1) and taking the Primordial template (Secrets of Xen'drik, LA 0)?

-2 Str
-2 Dex
-2 Con
+4 Int
+4 Cha

Gives decent stats, and **invisibility at will**. You can add on the two templates from the beginning, too, so cumulatively you'd get:

-4 Strength
-4 Constitution
-2 Wisdom
+4 Int
+8 Charisma

sreservoir
2020-11-05, 11:52 PM
Dragon 297: Cansin, used with the lesser planetouched option from PGtF.

Unseelie Fey (DrC 222) applied to a race with +Int and no -Cha, although that template is pretty questionable.

Dragon 306: Magic-Blooded applied to a race with +Int and no -Cha

At +1 LA, primodial half-giant.