PDA

View Full Version : Are there any playable races that have a chameleon like ability?

eyebreaker7
2020-11-07, 05:22 PM
I mean "base races" like gnome, elves, dwarves, humans, etc. Nothing fancy like ogres or gargoyles, etc. but some sort of lizardfolk is acceptable. I mean a chameleon IS a lizard after all :)

PoeticallyPsyco
2020-11-07, 05:28 PM
Neraphim are at least pretty close to a base race. They're the chaos equivalent to Aasimar and Tieflings, and have LA +1. They also have the Neraph Camouflage (Ex) ability.

Telonius
2020-11-07, 06:18 PM
Changeling, from Eberron Campaign Setting, is probably the closest. (It's one of several new races introduced there, along with Kalashtar, Shifter, and Warforged).

Prime32
2020-11-07, 07:31 PM
There's a "Chameleon Creature" template in Underdark that's only LA +1 - it grants +10 Hide/+4 Move Silently, a climb speed, and an extending tongue that lets you deliver touch attacks from 10ft away.

ixrisor
2020-11-07, 09:03 PM
Neraphim are at least pretty close to a base race. They're the chaos equivalent to Aasimar and Tieflings, and have LA +1. They also have the Neraph Camouflage (Ex) ability.

They’re actually LA +0

Kaleph
2020-11-09, 11:48 AM
Really stretching here, but the beguiler - a sort of furry small antropomorphic animal from Shining South - has this sort of ability, and is LEP 0. It's recommended as a Cohort, tho, not for PC's.

Troacctid
2020-11-09, 02:53 PM
Skulks from Races of Destiny, if you don't mind LA.

Ruethgar
2020-11-09, 10:09 PM
I’m pretty sure Chameleons were mentioned in a Dragon somewhere as a familiar. May have simply called back to lizard with improvements like the needletooth. If so, they are ECL 0 as an Awakened Animal(despite LA as long as you can dodge a book).

Even if not,Extra Familiar and Familiar Form cast twice gets you to inhabit the chameleon’s body. If you also ritual on chameleon creature and you were originally a chameleon changeling(or human), you could be a chameleon chameleon chameleon chameleon changeling.