PDA

View Full Version : Should I get this game(s)...?

Volug
2007-11-03, 08:57 PM
I am curiuos about some games that I would like to purchase... I'm getting quite a bit of money now days and I have some games I would like to know if it is worthy of my money. I made a list.

Mario & Luigi 2:Partners in Time
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves
Guild Wars: Eye of the North

it's only 4 games, but I would love some feed-back from people who have played one or more of these games.

Thanks in advance.

Dihan
2007-11-03, 09:04 PM
Mario & Luigi 2:Partners in Time - If you've played the first, yes.
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - Yes, you don't really need to have played Wind Waker either.
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves - If you have plenty of people to play with yes, otherwise no.
Guild Wars: Eye of the North - Never played it.

Zakama
2007-11-03, 09:04 PM
Despite good reviews, I think wario ware fails. I got it and once you finish the single player (takes 2-3 hours) it loses its charm.

Phantom hourglass is good though. Go for it. PM me if you want to do online stuff together :smallbiggrin:

Artemician
2007-11-03, 09:06 PM
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves

I haven't played the others, but I would strongly caution against Wario Ware.

It's not that it's a bad game per se, rather, it's far too... childish.

The gameplay is simplistic, the plot is non-existant, and everntually everything gets repetitive. And it gets repetitive really fast, mind you, considering that each minigame lasts for a maximum of 5 seconds.

Volug
2007-11-03, 09:09 PM
I have Mario & Luigi: Super Star saga and I liked it. Not sure if that will make the 2nd better though.

I expected Phantom Hourglass to be a hit, just wanted to make sure:smallbiggrin:

As for Wario, I don't mind childish stuff. But it seems like something I should rent in my spare time or for parties.

Still no feedback on guildwars though.

Any other opinions?

TheBoneSplitter
2007-11-03, 09:13 PM
First choice: Hum, it is a Mario / Luigi game, and I tend to be a nut for that type of stuff anyways... no Mario game really hasn't let me down except for the truly profane of such (Hotel Mario) which is the biggest LOL to this day. Go for it if you feel the same way.

Second choice: Again, really can't go wrong with it if you're a part of the franchise, though I'm not a big fan of it. I REALLY want to play the third LoS however.

Third choice: It's good to kill quick time with quick games... I'd say yes to that if I had motivation to buy a Wii in the future.

Fourth choice: From experience, I really haven't gotten into Guild Wars all too much. It was pretty damn fun for a while though messing around with characters and this kickass Elementalist just farming Hydras out in the deserts (methinks it is where you do the three trials before Ascension or whatever). Everything else I've bought after the original just adds a few new challenges, a plausible two new classes and not much else besides some mediocrity. Not very sure on that call, but if you wanna continue on...

Setra
2007-11-03, 09:18 PM
Guild Wars: Eye of the North
This is a good buy IF you're still into Guild Wars.

Compared to separate releases like Nightfall it's small, but there is a good bit to it still. However only if you still like Guild Wars.

I myself did not get it, as I stopped playing before Nightfall, but my Stepmother who still plays the game often enjoys it, so I'm going by that.

Dullyanna
2007-11-03, 09:46 PM
Guild Wars:If you play Guild Wars alot (And especially if you have friends who play at the same time you do), then get the expansion/s. If you play it infrequently, then I'd suggest you keep your money.

Crispy Dave
2007-11-03, 10:54 PM
just for refrence you need anohter guild wasrs exspantion and a lvl 20 charicter to playe gwen

Jothki
2007-11-04, 01:53 AM
Get Phantom Hourglass.

I didn't like Partners in Time that much. It was annoyingly linear, lacked some of the original's charm, and the dungeons were painfully long.

I found Smooth Moves to be awesome even in singleplayer, and it had plenty of replay value for me. I can always get a good been of fun seeing how far I can get in the random games, which get absurdly frantic if you can manage to get far enough. If repetitive microgames bore you you might not enjoy it as much, though.

Gaelbert
2007-11-04, 02:37 AM
Phantom Hourglass is amazing. I highly recommend it.