PDA

View Full Version : What would happen if you opened a decanter of endless water in a portable hole?

eyebreaker7
2020-11-08, 12:08 PM
If you open a decanter of endless water and place it in a portable hole and then fold up/close the portable hole, what happens once it reaches it's capacity? Would it cause the portable hole to open back up and any excess water to come out? Or would it cause the PH to burst like if you were to pierce it with a sharp object?

Segev
2020-11-08, 12:31 PM
I’d just have the pressure equalize. When the hole was opened, the water would flow forth at an appropriate rate for the size of the hole’s opening and the renewed freedom of the decanter to expel water at its appointed rate.

Portable holes don’t burst from being punctured the way bags of holding do, to my knowledge.

Do this with a bag of holding and I’d just have it start to leak, forcing itself open.

xXAmaroqXx
2020-11-10, 07:20 AM
Since the portable hole is airtight, it means the water cannot just flow out.
The hole stays closed until it is actually fully unfolded, and since the seal is magical and not mechanical, the water also cannot burst open the portal, otherwise you could achieve the same with a mere strength check. I too, would say it fills until the brink of capacity, then stops working. if you are to open the portable hole afterwards, i would say the water gushes out and the decanter continues to generate water as usual.

denthor
2020-11-10, 11:06 AM
If the hole is open the water fills the space and overflows.

When you shut the hole the excess spills out. You pick up the cubic whatever of the water the hole does not change weight.

When you reopen the hole. Depending upon where. After all you could open the hole by placing it on a ceiling. Gravity of the plane works on the water normally.

Have fun you just won the super bowl. You have a portable hole filled with Gatorade. Your next move?