Leyrn, Adowyn's Wolf [NPC]
Woof
Wolf [Doggo] (m)
N
Animal Companion
Good Boy

Midnight, Taproot Inn, Phaendar
11th Gozran 4717 AR

Phaendar’s Market Festival draws a crowd from all over Nirmathas, many solely to hear Aubrin the Green—the retired Chernasardo Ranger-turned-Caydenite cleric—recount bawdy tales of adventure from her youth. Outside, the celebration continues, as raucous shouts carry on the night air. Warmed by the firelight after a long day, any levity comes as a welcome reward to the rough, earthy souls of this riverside trade town. Whether you are a traveler looking for a place to stay the night or a local grabbing a drink at 'The Root,' it is at the Taproot Inn that you find yourselves as the day draws to a close.
“So there I am, thinking, when will I ever be able to talk to a bear again? So before the grizzly can stand back up, I turn to it and say, ‘All I need is the honey. You can keep the bees!’” The room erupts into laughter as Aubrin finishes her winding story and takes another draught from her tankard. “But it’s fine now. All’s good. She named a cub after me. Someday I’m going to have to check in on little Ow Oh Gods That’s Too Many Bees.”
Crowd members share their own boasts and jokes, but eventually someone tops off Aubrin’s tankard and pushes her back into the center of the room.
“All right, all right! Don’t shove,” she slurs a bit. “Okay, Cayden strike me down if this isn’t true—“
The front door explodes into flinders. A cry of agony pierces the chaos. Aubrin lies on the floor, gasping and clutching at the blood gushing from a wound in her chest. A ballista bolt still quivers in the wall behind her.
Three hobgoblins in military dress stand beyond the shattered door, blades drawn. Behind them, lit by the glow of burning homes, dozens—perhaps hundreds—of hobgoblin soldiers march the street. Phaendar burns, shouts of celebration now replaced by the panicked screams of the frightened and dying. Behind them, above the flames and humble rooftops, rises a tower of black stone.

Combat Starts
SR1T3

The trio of hobs begin threatening the shocked villagers, effectively cowing them.

Beryl, your keen martial instincts pull you into battle readiness before the ballista bolt even fires through the door.

What do you do?

https://i.ibb.co/Qbyss55/Round-1.png

digiman619
2020-11-09, 10:26 PM
Beryl quickly moves into position. He had just gotten his drink when these fools burst in. One way or the other, he wasn't going to get to enjoy his drink until they were dealt with, so he ran forward and just before reaching the closest of these and slamming his knee into them.
Partial charge vs the closest one.
[roll0] (including the charging bonus)
[roll1]

bcool999
2020-11-09, 10:40 PM
R1T23

Shortly after the savage ending of the celebrations by the hobgoblin attack, a dwarf by the bar charges at one of the invading hobgoblins, but the hob easily sidesteps the knee strike.

Adowyn, what do you do?

https://i.ibb.co/R7wwYtb/Round-1-True.png

lostsole31
2020-11-09, 11:02 PM
"Orcs from Belkzen!" Adowyn calls out as she knocks the table over to give her cover and create and obstacle. "Everyone in the bar not an orc, get behind tables, and let those of us up for battle through to them! To me, defenders!"

She readies for battle, shooting at the lead orc warrior with a little help from Erastil, looking to see if Aubrin is helped at all as she does so. She then says, "Lelywn, attack!" as she points to the orc war party.
MA: knock over table so that it is a tall cover-barrier between me and orcs.
FA: Vocals.
SwA: Enter silver crane waltz. (sheet values updated)
SA: Use enduring crane strike against lead "orc." Attack [roll0] (incl PBS), damage [roll1]
* If target hit, then Aubrin is healed [roll2] hit points.

Her aegis is now set up, so please put a 10' aura around her token (any color you prefer), and all allied creatures in a square covered by at least half of that gets a +1 morale bonus to AC and Will saves.

bcool999
2020-11-10, 12:38 AM
R1T18

"Orcs from Belkzen!" Adowyn calls out as she knocks the table over to give her cover and create and obstacle. "Everyone in the bar not an orc, get behind tables, and let those of us up for battle through to them! To me, defenders!"

She readies for battle, shooting at the lead orc warrior (Green) and hitting him for 8 Piercing with a little help from Erastil, looking over to see Aubrin healed for 7 Positive. She then says, "Leryn, attack!" as she points to the orc war party.

IL1 (Red) steps forward from behind his attacked allies, sending a slash from his blade at Beryl which goes wide of the dwarf.

Caliban, battle has been joined, what do you do?

https://i.ibb.co/ZmwfZWd/R1T18.png

SwordChucks
2020-11-10, 01:11 PM
Caliban leaps from his seat, slides his bow into his hand, and nocks an arrow in almost the same motion. He takes careful aim and fires as soon as there's even the smallest path to the red invader's chest.

Move action: Draw longbow.
Swift action: Eye of the Needle (I ignore the penalty for firing into melee
and one instance of soft cover, so the maneuver is essentially a +4 to hit).
Standard action: Attack hobgob red.

Longbow: [roll0], [roll1]

bcool999
2020-11-10, 01:23 PM
R1T14

Caliban leaps from his seat, slides his bow into his hand, and nocks an arrow in almost the same motion. He takes careful aim and fires as soon as there's even the smallest path to the red invader's chest. The arrow strikes true, but barely manages to pierce the enemies armor for 1 Piercing.

Perwialen, what do you do?

https://i.ibb.co/ZmwfZWd/R1T18.png

silphael
2020-11-10, 01:41 PM
As the door shatters, Perwialen rushes toward the new arrivants, advancing as if breaking through veils of memories while grabbing their scythe, an expression of pure, joyful, wrath on their face, as the light coming from outside reflects in their eyes.

"Too late for regrets !"

So :
Free action : Enter Rage
Swift action : Manifest Mind palace with Wild Surge. Everyone in 15 feet (so everyone) but me gets +1 to damage until the end of your next turn, and I get +1 to attack until my next turn.
[roll0]
[roll1]
Move action : Go to the D1 marked square
Standard action : Attack on Red, with Power Attack.
[roll2]
[roll3]
(Current AC, 16)
Edit : Psionic Enervation happens, so I lose 1 hp, but nothing else changes.

bcool999
2020-11-10, 02:39 PM
R1T9

As the door shatters, Perwialen rushes toward the new arrivals, advancing as if breaking through veils of memories while grabbing their scythe, an expression of pure, joyful, wrath on their face, as the light coming from outside reflects in their eyes.

"Too late for regrets!"

The slash of the scythe opens a ruinous gash on Red for 16 Slashing, leaving the creature barely conscious.

Blue lets loose a reckless slash at Beryl which also fails to connect.

Aubrin shakily staggers to her feet still holding her wound which was patched enough by Adowyn's healing to stop bleeding. She lurches unsteadily towards the bar to avoid the brawl.

Leryn (who before the kerfuffle was basking in the warmth of the fireplace) snaps up finally and moves to fulfill Adowyn's command. He prowls forward with a snarl and snaps at green, but the creature stymies the attack with it's shield.

Green retaliates against Leryn, bringing it's blade to bear against the beast for 5 Slashing.

Walter, What do you do?

tl;dr for the above.
Perwialen's aura is marked in orange on the map. +1 insight to damage (I will add it, just roll your things normally, but not if you already have an insight bonus to damage rolls.)
Blue misses.
Aubrin stands and 5ft steps
Leryn misses his bite attack.
Green hits Leryn for 5.
It is currently Walter's turn.

https://i.ibb.co/YZmmZyn/R1T9.png

meemaas
2020-11-10, 08:19 PM
Walter hurries up till he's right next to Adowyn, and holds out his hand as he calls out an arcane chant. Almost immediately, a spray of bright and blinding colors covers the battlefield, encompassing all the enemies and the animal who had joined the fight.

Move till I'm 5 foot to the right of Adowyn, and cast Color Spray. The cone can be angled such that all three of the enemies and Leryn are all caught in it, and must make a Will Save DC 16 or suffer a series of increasingly debilitating conditions.

2 or less HD will be Unconscious, Blinded, and Stunned for [roll0] rounds, then Blinded and Stunned for [roll1] rounds, and finally Stunned for 1 round

If they are somehow 3 or 4 HD, they will be Blinded and Stunned for [roll2] rounds, and then Stunned for 1 round.

bcool999
2020-11-10, 08:32 PM
R1T3

Walter hurries up till he's right next to Adowyn, and holds out his hand as he calls out an arcane chant. Almost immediately, a spray of bright and blinding colors covers the battlefield, encompassing all the enemies and the animal who had joined the fight.

The blinding lights and colors cause the three foes to roll their eyes into the back of their skulls and drop unconscious, but the wolf merely yelps in distress and then growls at Walter.

Beryl, your foes lie helpless before you, What do you do?

https://i.ibb.co/NnFWRc8/R1T3.png

lostsole31
2020-11-10, 10:27 PM
[Out-of-Turn Vocals ..... ] "They dead?" calls out Adowyn, who is looking towards any others that might come in.

digiman619
2020-11-11, 09:59 AM
Beryl irritatedly smashes the one closest to him with an open palm. He almost seems upset that they would dare to be disabled before he was finished with them. He then walked back to his table and raised his beer to his lips.
SA: Attack.
[roll0] [roll1]
MA, head back to my table and start to take a drink. (I don't know if I need another move action or not, but maybe shenanigans break his cup, who can say?)

bcool999
2020-11-11, 10:48 AM
R2T23

"They dead?" calls out Adowyn, who is looking towards any others that might come in.

Meanwhile, Beryl irritably smashes the one closest to him with an open palm. This palm lands on Blue for 13 Bludgeoning and fills Beryl's blood pool for 4 Blood. He almost seems upset that they would dare to be disabled before he was finished with them. He then walked back to his table and raised his beer to his lips.

Adowyn, no one has answered you query but the dwarf smacked an 'orc' and walked off. What do you do?

(map moved to map channel on discord)

lostsole31
2020-11-11, 11:35 AM
Taking her club out as she moves to the door, she clobbers the rear orc in the head while nodding to Leryn to savage the one he is near.
MA: Move to 1 square west of blue while drawing club.
SA: Strike downed orc with club with a Risky Strike [roll0], damage [roll1].
She calls out, "Everyone, it looks like your town is under attack. Proprietor! Identify yourself, please. Aubrin, is there a place we can guide people around here? Everyone, grab anything not bolted down that might be of use .... food, drink, material for clothing and shelter."
I have much more to say, but that does me for a round and then some.

bcool999
2020-11-11, 12:19 PM
R2T18

Taking her club out as she moves to the door, she clobbers the rear orc in the head for 11 Bludgeoning, leaving the Hob orc dying but not yet dead, while nodding to Leryn to savage the one he is near.

She calls out, "Everyone, it looks like your town is under attack. Proprietor! Identify yourself, please. Aubrin, is there a place we can guide people around here? Everyone, grab anything not bolted down that might be of use .... food, drink, material for clothing and shelter."

Caliban, what do you do?

Perwialen on deck, feel free to post (actions will happen after Caliban's)

SwordChucks
2020-11-11, 01:13 PM
Caliban nods at the newcomer's suggestion. He shoulders his bow and hops over the bar to search for materials.

"It might be best to leave through the backdoor. Aubrin, are you going to make it?"

silphael
2020-11-11, 03:35 PM
Letting go of their rage, Perwialen tries to coup-de-grace one of the hobgobelins.

Free action : End Rage (no turn used, as I Wild Surged last turn)
5 foot step to go close to green.
Full round action, Coup de grace.
[roll0]

digiman619
2020-11-11, 09:16 PM
Beryl finished his beer in one long swig. By the time he finished, swore in Dwarven at this announcement. he sighed, pulled out his mostly empty pack. "Goddamn it, I just wanted to get a drink. Okay, how much of an attack are we taking about? Is it a raid or is it an army?"

bcool999
2020-11-11, 10:37 PM
Combat Ends

Aubrin answers Caliban first before speaking to the room at large, "It will take more than that to put me down. Not too much more mind you, but still... It..." Aubrin pauses to cough up some congealed blood, "It sounds like a whole army out there. How did they fall on us without being seen? The plains surrounding town are so flat you could spot an elk two days off much less a bloody army! We can't face them all like honest fools. The lady with a bow is right, we need to gather what we can and scarper off into the Fangwood. We can hide there. Probably best to remove the bridge behind us, it's the only good crossing for miles. Should buy us some time. Jet's in the back I think. She's the proprietress, said she was going to break open another keg."

Assuming you kill off the last creature and search them, the party finds several things of use which makes you believe that looting of the town has already begun. The insignia on their shoulders also might catch your eye.

The insignia is an emblem of the Ironfang Legion a mercenary army responsible for the Ramsgate Massacre two years ago, but absent from the battlefield ever since.

Adowyn, from your position near the door, you can tell that some of the town has already been put to the torch, and rising in the market square is an ominous black tower that was assuredly not there this morning.

What does the party do?

lostsole31
2020-11-12, 02:53 AM
The "lady" with a bow says, "Definitely a full-scale raid. Magic black tower appeared out of nowhere, so they are heaving heavy magics. Leryn, stay," she says as she goes to the back calling for this "Jet" person.

SwordChucks
2020-11-12, 09:05 AM
"That's the same insignia of the Ironfang Legion, the mercs that did the Ramsgate Massacre. They've been gona a couple years, so I guess this is their big comeback."

If there's anything of interest behind the bar, Caliban scoops it up. Otherwise, he keeps his bow ready and sets up overwatch on the front door.

digiman619
2020-11-12, 12:25 PM
Beryl curses in Dwarven for a bit and begins to put some supplies into his back when he looks up and finally notices how injured Aubrin is. He takes a look at his wound before placing his hand on it. He then channels a bit of his stored vitality into him. "Be more careful next time." he says, and then goes back to his preparations.

I use Medic's training to determine Aubrin's HP. If he's at 3 or less HP, I spend 2 blood points to heal him. Otherwise I only spend 1.

bcool999
2020-11-13, 01:07 AM
Caliban is taking overwatch of the front of the Inn.

Adowyn moves to go to the back rooms. Does anyone join her?

meemaas
2020-11-14, 01:56 PM
Walter will quickly claim the wand that one of the defeated was carrying, and store it in his belt pouch for a later use. Walter will then follow after Adowyn. "I'll join you in securing our exit. My spell won't kill them, but it will disable the weak willed like before, allowing you and the others to finish them off."

lostsole31
2020-11-15, 04:52 AM
As Adowyn now has a shadow, she asks him (not slowing down going to back to find this "Jet") "How often can you do it, spell-man? Are you limited?"

silphael
2020-11-15, 07:31 AM
Perwialen also takes the direction of the back room hoping for a side exit, their voice rasped with barely contained anger.

"And I thought I've had my share. Will we have to break through their lines, or be able to circumvent it ?"

lostsole31
2020-11-15, 08:14 AM
"We who can do, must now protect," says Adowyn ruefully to them, "so we must circumvent where possible."

meemaas
2020-11-15, 08:20 AM
"Walter. I can do that another four times. After that, I am limited to throwing lightning at my foes."

lostsole31
2020-11-15, 11:13 AM
"Limited .... to throwing lightning." She smirks. "Well, nobody's perfect, Walter. But I'm sure you'll muddle through .... somehow."

digiman619
2020-11-15, 01:41 PM
Looking back at Walter and Adowyn, Beryl irritatedly exclaimed. "Listen if the two of you are done flirting, we've got to get going. Grab what you can and let's get out of here."

SwordChucks
2020-11-15, 03:59 PM
Once everyone is through the side door, Caliban moves next to it and resumes covering the front door. He tries to supress his laughter at the conversation so it doesn't spoil his aim.

lostsole31
2020-11-15, 09:55 PM
Adowyn doesn't stop them from going out the stop door or anything, but she was heading to the back to get Jet, the proprietor.

bcool999
2020-11-17, 02:42 AM
Most of the group moves to the back rooms and kitchen which also contains the back entrance to the Inn. Aubrin stays back in the main room to holler should any more foes appear.

When Adowyn opens the door, two things become immediately apparent. One, it appears the back door was also broken into (It may have happened when the party was fighting the original trio), and two, one of the intruders is still there!

R1T28

Adowyn, as the first to open the door, you got the drop on the Hobgoblin. What do you do?

lostsole31
2020-11-17, 03:07 AM
"Contact!" Adowyn shouts as she shoots at the filthy, thieving orc. "Leryn, attack!"
FA: Move 5' east.
FRA: Rapid shot w/ Risky Strike (PBS included)
* Attack #1 [roll0], damage [roll1]
* Attack #2 [roll2], damage [roll3]
FA: Command Leryn to attack.

bcool999
2020-11-17, 03:13 AM
R1T20

"Contact!" Adowyn shouts as she shoots at the filthy, thieving orc both shots going well wide of their intended target. "Leryn, attack!"

Walter what do you do?

meemaas
2020-11-17, 04:11 PM
Walter follows Adowyn into the room, and after confirming there's only one foe, he draws upon a surge of controlled emotion to fling a small bolt of lightning towards this foe with the power of nature.

Move action: Move into the room to be next to Adowyn

Standard action: Wild Surged Energy Ray for 1 (Electric)

Attack roll [roll0] (Additional +3 if the foe is wearing metal armor)
Damage [roll1] Electric Damage

Psychic Enervation [roll2] failure means I'm Dazzled for one round and take 1 damage.

bcool999
2020-11-17, 05:03 PM
R1T20

Walter follows Adowyn into the room, and after confirming there's only one foe, he draws upon a surge of controlled emotion to fling a small bolt of lightning towards this foe with the power of nature. The lightning strikes the Hob for 14 Electric leaving it still standing, but with visible electrical burns on it's skin.

Caliban, you hear combat from the other room after Adowyn's shout. What do you do?

SwordChucks
2020-11-17, 09:02 PM
Caliban moves to the doorway with his bow drawn. When he sees the crispy hobgoblin he fires.

Move action: move 15ft to the door.
Standard action: fire at the gobbo.

Longbow: [roll0], [roll1]

bcool999
2020-11-18, 03:01 AM
R1T17

Caliban moves to the doorway with his bow drawn. When he sees the crispy hobgoblin he fires. The arrow hits, but fails to penetrate the Hobs' armor.

Leryn stalks forward toward the Hob and tries to bite at an ankle, but is rebuffed by the goblin's shield.

Beryl, what do you do?

digiman619
2020-11-18, 04:37 PM
With a burst of speed, Beryl gets to the door. He lays a hand on Caliban and places a minute amount of positive energy into him. Not because Caliban was injured, but because by slightly altering the resonance of his soul, he could make a brief connection to an ally's life force, and thus "slingshot" himself across the room to them. It wasn't something he could do at will, but it was a handy trick to have.

Still, he was able to scoot past his newfound allies and get into the room and punch the remaining foe.

SwA: triage to Caliban, ending up beside him in the room. (remember, I can move double speed during triage)
MA: Move to remaining hobgoblin.
SA: PUNCH! [roll0] [roll1]

bcool999
2020-11-19, 11:43 AM
R1T9

With a burst of speed, Beryl gets to the door. He lays a hand on Caliban and places a minute amount of positive energy into him -1 Blood Reserve. Not because Caliban was injured, but because by slightly altering the resonance of his soul, he could make a brief connection to an ally's life force, and thus "slingshot" himself across the room to them. It wasn't something he could do at will, but it was a handy trick to have.

Still, he was able to scoot past his newfound allies and get into the room and punch the remaining foe. However, his quick movements caused him to not have the proper stance causing his fist to swing wide of the Hob.

silphael
2020-11-21, 10:49 AM
Their scythe in hand, Perwialen moves to the frontline, profitting from the wolf's fang to not leave themself open to potential riposte.

Moving to the last melee spot. As the wolf provides soft cover, there should be no AOO as far as I know ?

Also, when using singular "they", do verbs still take "s" at end ?

bcool999
2020-11-24, 11:36 PM
R2T28

Their scythe in hand, Perwialen moves to the frontline, profitting from the wolf's fang to not leave themself open to potential riposte.

The move was unexpected enough that the Hob's swing went wide... That or the permanent nerve damage was making it flail wildly as it also swings at Beryl but does not come close to hitting.

Adowyn's Turn, Walter on deck, Caliban in the hole!

lostsole31
2020-11-25, 12:01 AM
Adowyn edges in farther, calling out defensive and offensive strategies and taking a careful shot at the filthy orcses.
FA: 5' step south.
SwA: Use encouraging roar (all allies w/in 30' incl self gain +2 morale bonus to attack and damage rolls until the beginning of Adowyn's next turn.
SA: Attack using silver strike, so roll twice and take better roll, which will include Risky Strike, PBS (and the above bonus) ...
* [roll0] or [roll1], damage [roll2]
* No penalty due to Precise Strike and Deadeye Bowman.
All allies in 10'of her (NOT including self) gain +1 bonus to AC & Will saves.

bcool999
2020-11-25, 01:20 AM
R2T28

Adowyn edges in farther, calling out defensive and offensive strategies and taking a careful shot at the filthy orcses. The arrow slams into her foe's collar for 13 Piercing dropping him.

Combat Ends

As the group takes a look around the room, they notice the kitchen has been tossed over. Foodstuffs lie wasted on the ground which quickly grabs Leryn's attention as he starts licking spilled stew and sausages off the floor. A keg of water sits near where the hobgoblin was searching for valuables. The water is clean, fresh, and easily transported and worth 3 Provision Points.

You notice a dusty lockbox sitting on top a nearby shelf.

There is no sign of the proprietress in this room. A door lies half open to the south.

lostsole31
2020-11-25, 01:25 AM
Adowyn goes to the room to the south. "Jet? Are you in there? My name is Adowyn, and this place is under attack from orcs. Let's get you and the other patrons safely out of here."

bcool999
2020-11-25, 01:33 AM
Adowyn opens the door to the south and calls out, but there is no one there to answer. This storeroom also seems to have been smashed by goblins. While the food isn't spoilt, cleaning it up and carting it away would take more time than being in an active warzone would permit.

Looking closer, the group notices that there is a trapdoor on the ground near the door.

lostsole31
2020-11-25, 01:35 AM
Adowyn will only slight prop the trap door, and then call out the same as above so she isn't stabbed or shot. She will then fully open the trap door.

bcool999
2020-11-25, 01:37 AM
Adowyn finds the trapdoor to be barred. She could try to force it open, does she do so?

lostsole31
2020-11-25, 01:40 AM
She does, but also calls out, "Can I get one of you boys to go get Aubrin, please? It seems that Jet barred herself in the basement and she doesn't know me from a redcap."

digiman619
2020-11-25, 11:47 AM
Beryl nods and tries to pry the trapdoor open.
[roll0]

silphael
2020-11-25, 12:24 PM
Pointing at the lockbox, Perwialen says :

"That might come in handy."

digiman619
2020-11-25, 05:14 PM
Beryl cursed at the door in Dwarvish before putting the lockbox in his bag. "We'll worry about it later"

bcool999
2020-11-25, 09:19 PM
Neither Adowyn's nor Beryl's efforts in prying open the trapdoor are successful. Does anyone else try to open the trapdoor or convince Jet to open it? Does anyone get Aubrin?

lostsole31
2020-11-25, 11:16 PM
Adowyn gets Aubrin. "Your friend locked herself in a basement. Maybe you can coax her out?"

meemaas
2020-11-26, 10:17 AM
While Adowyn tries to talk to Aubrin, Walter calls through the door. "Jet. My name is Walter. Myself and my friends are here to help escort you to safety. If you remain here after we leave here, the enemy may be much more forceful in trying to get to you, and none of us want to see that happen. Please come out so we can ensure your safety."

Walter will attempt a Diplomacy check to get Jet to listen to reason.

If needed, here's the roll [roll0]

SwordChucks
2020-11-28, 12:23 PM
Caliban walks over to the door and raps a gauntleted hand against it.
"Jet, it's Cal. The invaders are burning buildings. If you don't come out and run with us you'll die from the fire, the smoke, or starvation from being trapped under rubble. And those are the good outcomes where they don't take you." [roll0]

While he talks, Caliban points at Beryl and then to the door. He mock punches at it and raises an eyebrow.

bcool999
2020-11-29, 02:46 AM
"Cal? Is that you? I am unbolting the door, no funny business!" You all hear a woman's voice from below before the trapdoor is unbarred and opened revealing the proprietress Jet warily wielding a kitchen knife at the party until she is reassured you're not Hobs.

"Hells, I thought the Hobs might have been trying to play me for a fool there for a second." Jet says with a sigh as she lowers her blade, "What's going on? I heard something break in the front room, but then Hobs were breaking into my kitchen so I bolted."

meemaas
2020-11-29, 07:41 AM
Walter takes the moment to respond first. "There were Hobs here. They are now dead. We are competent enough to fight them off, and we want to make sure nobody else dies. As soon as our comrade returns with Aubrin, we should be leaving."

silphael
2020-11-30, 08:08 AM
Going to the door, Perwialen asks :

"That's the side exit, right ? So that's the path we'll be taking to go out. No idea how many might be nearby. We better get ready for trouble, seems like they are quite numerous around."

lostsole31
2020-11-30, 12:59 PM
Meanwhile, Adowyn is not in the storeroom getting the benefit of the above, because she left to get Aubrin ...

bcool999
2020-12-01, 02:37 PM
Adowyn grabs Aubrin and returns to find Jet already out of the cellar. Upon seeing Aubrin, Jet gasps and asks, "Aubrin what happened to you!?"

"Oh this?" Aubrin replies sheepishly, "Just a lesson in being careful what you ask for. I'll walk it off."

Jet looks doubtfully at Aubrin before focusing at the task at hand, "Alright, it sounds like we are hightailing it into the woods. I have some supplies left in the cellar. You three! Help me carry it out!" Jet begins ordering about the 3 villagers who were in the common room who Aubrin had been keeping an eye on. Together they manage to haul 5 Provision points worth of food and drink out of the cellar.

Meanwhile, Aubrin calls a quick meeting with the party to decide your next steps. "Alright, I think we can all agree we need to get out of here. Best way would be to cross the bridge out of town (hopefully breaking it behind us) and making a dash into the woods. I know most the hidey holes in there and we will be safe enough to catch our breath and think on what to do. Now, we could make for the bridge right now, we got some supplies here and a few survivors... Or we could make our way to a couple other spots around town that are sure to have people. People like Jet that are holed up and can't get out without help. Also supplies to help us with roughing it in the woods. I am in no shape to help so I leave it up to you. I will help keep the other survivors out of trouble while we follow your lead."

Aubrin lists out a few other places that were likely to have people and supplies, The Phaendar Trading Company, Riverwood Shrine, and Oreld's Fine Shop.

What do you do?

lostsole31
2020-12-01, 03:57 PM
Adowyn says to th heroes once gathered, "Okay, we have to do what we can to get as many people and provisions as we can, but I think we need to do it in a manner that makes sense for what we need in the long run, not the short. For that reason, I say we do not try the Trading post first. The orcs will be attracted to the largest places first, kind of like we had to deal with a strike right here. That means they will likely go to the Trading post first, because it is probably larger with more people. We can't help everyone, just what we can manage. I will get back to that.

"Aubrin said there is a bridge that needs to be crossed. I say we go to Oreld's first. As an alchemist, he is a specialist that can do and craft things we simply cannot replicate in the forest. More than that, I hear alchies are good with bombs, and we need to see if he has enough product to blow that bridge behind us once we have our herd full.

"Then, same thing for the shrine. If we can save anyone that can cast healing spells and see to the spiritual needs of refugees, that also can't be covered with tree bark and vines.

"Finally, if we aren't tapped out and have a chance, we descend on the Trading Company to pick over what the hobbos might have left for raw goods. And who knows? There might be others in hidey-holes like Jet was in.

"Now, let me put something else past you, but a way that might save more people and materials ... but might be riskier.

"I, my wolf, and this guy..." [and here she points to Walter] "... go to Oreld's. The other three of you go to the shrine. Then we try to meet up with what we have at the trading company. I know some folks are against splitting forces, but we might be able to save more lives doing that."

digiman619
2020-12-02, 12:27 PM
Beryl shook his head. "That seems like a good way to end up dead. I can't heal you if you are halfway across town." He then sighed. "But if we don't, a lot of people might get needlessly killed in the crossfire." He groaned. "Fine, but if you get killed without me, remember I told you it was a bad idea."

lostsole31
2020-12-02, 12:37 PM
Adowyn nods to the .... dwarf/not-dwarf? Then uses a toss of her head to the spellcaster (Walter, but she doesn't know his name yet), and says, "Leryn, come."

She is out the door with the wolf, and hopefully with Walter too.

meemaas
2020-12-02, 03:54 PM
Walter follows after Adowyn, speaking calmly before they leave the building. "Please remember my name. I am Walter, not 'this guy'."

SwordChucks
2020-12-02, 10:52 PM
"I'm Caliban. Cal if you prefer." He says as he swaps his quiver for another.

"We can stick close to the buildings on the way to the shrine, and there's some foliage surrounding it we can use for cover. I'm ready if you all are." He puts a reassuring hand on Jet's shoulder for a moment before heading to the door.

bcool999
2020-12-03, 12:00 AM
Aubrin wasn’t sure if splitting up was the best idea but she admired the groups courage in attempting to save as many lives as possible. She wishes Caiden’s Luck to the small force splitting off of the main group, and offers her own healing magics to help tide Adowyn and Walter over until the group’s reunion.

After making it out the back door of the Inn, the group separates. Both quickly losing sight of the other amidst the darkness, smoke and flames shrouding the town tonight.

Swordchucks, digi and silphael go HERE (https://forums.giantitp.com/showthread.php?623264-Bcool999%92s-Ironfang-Invasion-Group-2)

Lostsole31 and meemas remain in this thread.

bcool999
2020-12-03, 12:54 PM
The main group works their way toward Oreld's shop. You are somewhat slowed by Aubrin's injuries and dealing with the townsfolk's fear and trepidation, but you progress safely by keeping out of sight.

From what you can hear from the shadows of buildings as you stalk toward’s the Oreld's Fine Shop, Hobgoblins are fighting townsfolk in all directions. The whole of Phaendar is under assault tonight, and victims already growing cold line the streets as you pass. A wolf howls in the distance, it’s eerie howl echoed by the screams of the dying.

Oreld’s Fine Shop—labeled with a small shingle hanging out front—is one of the few buildings in town made entirely of stone. Mortared white blocks form the walls of this odd shaped cottage. Scorch marks that shift in color from black to dark blue to glimmering violet mar one wall. The door to the shop stands open and bloody footprints lead inside.

lostsole31
2020-12-03, 01:16 PM
Head inside.... Adowyn, Leryn, then Walter.

bcool999
2020-12-04, 11:06 PM
Adowyn leads the way inside with Leryn right behind her. Walter trails behind Leryn. You quickly realize what caused the blooded footprints. A Hob orc stands in the store pursuing the shelves with bloodied boots. The blood likely comes from the man groaning softly in agony with a javelin in his gut and a metal collar with chain leading to the Hob Orcs hand.

Combat start
R1T26

Adowyn, you notice the orc as the orc notices you. The man in chains appears heavily wounded, what do you do?

lostsole31
2020-12-04, 11:14 PM
Adowyn commands Leryn to attack even as she moves in and shoots the filthy orc and hopefully heals the man.
FA: Command Leryn to attack.
MA: Move one square north, one square east to be in direct line with hobbo.
SA: Enduring crane strike on orc, assuming PBS. [roll0], damage [roll1]
* She doesn't take soft cover penalty, and orc is not in melee, so there should be no penalties.

bcool999
2020-12-05, 03:25 AM
R1T22

Adowyn commands Leryn to attack even as she moves in and shoots the filthy orc and hopefully heals the man. The arrow slams home for 4 damage bringing forth a pained howl from the Hob orc. Holy energies trail the arrow, descending on the injured man for 5 Positive.

Walter, what do you do?

meemaas
2020-12-05, 08:28 PM
Walter will follow Adowyn into the room, and after a quick judgement call, attempt to zap the Orc with another controlled burst of emotion.

Move action: Move into the doorway
Standard action: Wild Surge Energy Ray (electric) for 1

Attack roll [roll0] (Add another +3 if the target is wearing metal armor)
Damage [roll1] (+2 damage per die from dual bloodline arcana)

Psychic Enervation [roll2] 15 or below is a failure, causing me to be Dazzled and take 1 damage.

bcool999
2020-12-05, 09:27 PM
R1T10

Walter will follow Adowyn into the room, and after a quick judgement call, attempt to zap the Orc with another controlled burst of emotion. However his lightning quickly grounds itself leaving a scorch mark on the floor.

Seeing the flair of electricity, the Hob Orc shouts out in goblin of all things.
"Filthy Elf Magics! BURN!"
He then removes a vial from a belt loop and chucks it at Walter. It hits cracking open into a burst of heat and flame dealing 4 Fire to Walter and catching Leryn in the snoot for 3 Fire.

Adowyn has a split second to react as the vial hurls through the air and manages to dodge around the doorframe enough to reduce the blast, but still suffers 1 Fire.

R1T7

Leryn, angry at getting burnt, gladly follows Adowyn's order and moves forward to bite the Hob Orc. However, the burn must have caused Leryn to tear up and miss.

R2T25

Adowyn, what do you do? (Remember to either roll a reflex save on your post or in the discord)

Walter on Deck, Enemy in the hole.

lostsole31
2020-12-05, 09:49 PM
Adowyn takes careful aim, with a faintly whispered prayer to Erastil as she lets loose with another arrow.
SA: Attack w/ Silver Strike, PBS, and Deadly Aim [roll0] or [roll1], damage [roll2]

bcool999
2020-12-05, 09:56 PM
R2T25

Adowyn takes careful aim, with a faintly whispered prayer to Erastil as she lets loose with another arrow. Fate seems to be with the archer as the Hob Orc almost seems to dodge into the path of the arrow to take 6 Damage.

R2T22

Walter's Turn, Enemy next, Leryn after that.

meemaas
2020-12-06, 07:04 PM
Walter takes a deep breath, choosing to, instead of allowing his emotions to go wild, cast a spell for a smaller, but more consistent effect.

Standard action: Cast Jolt, targeting the Orc

Attack roll [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

meemaas
2020-12-06, 07:06 PM
Crit and a Miss!!!
Confirm [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

bcool999
2020-12-09, 01:45 AM
R2T22

Walter takes a deep breath, choosing to, instead of allowing his emotions to go wild, cast a spell for a smaller, but more consistent effect. The jolt of electricity hits the Hob Orc for 8 Electric.

R2T10

Spasms from his shock causes the Hob Orc to drop the chain holding the man captive. Your foe stumbles away while grabbing at at vial on his hip which he quickly quaffs. After doing so, the worst of the electrical burns heal before your very eyes.

R2T7

Leryn though, doesn't let the enemy have respite. He bites deeply into the foe's thigh for 9 Damage, which causes the Hob Orc to scream before falling to the ground unconscious.

Combat End

Leryn shakes the Orc a few times with his fangs still deep in the Orc's leg, but with no response he lets go and looks to Adowyn with his head cocked at an angle.

Meanwhile, the man in chains is shaking like a new-born calf. No doubt his impalement or his enslavement or both wearing away his nerves. Still, he musters his courage to say through shaky lips, "T-the o-others... in the b-basement... hiding." with the clarity from his partially healed wound he adds, "D-door, trapped." while looking at the door to the east.

lostsole31
2020-12-09, 05:41 AM
Adowyn helps him to his feet. "Show us how to get past the trap, please. Let's get folks out of here, grabbing what we can. We are going to meet up with Aubrin and others and cross the bridge. Are you Oreld? Because we need to know if we can drop the bridge behind us. "

bcool999
2020-12-09, 11:15 AM
Despite Adowyn's words, the man stays where his is, still trembling like a leaf in a windstorm. He manages to squeeze out a few more shaky words, "Y-yes I'm Oreld. S-sorry. I-I can't... m-my hands won't s-stop shaking." At the mention of dropping the bridge, Oreld looks thoughtful and says, "S-stump remover... In the back room. M-might help?"

It is obvious that Oreld is in some form of shock. The shaking in his hands makes it impossible to disarm the trap without setting it off.

meemaas
2020-12-09, 05:12 PM
Walter will walk up to Oreld and calmly speak to him. "Don't worry, you're safe with us. We would put our lives on the line to make sure you can escape safely. I am a powerful mage, and my friend here is an expert sharpshooter, and we will bring you and a many others as possible to safety." He places his hand on the mans shoulder in a comforting manner. "But we won't be able to get you to safety until you can clear your head. I need you to take a few deep breaths and focus. You will get out of here, I promise."

Walter wants to make a Diplomacy check to try and calm the man down.

lostsole31
2020-12-09, 08:07 PM
Adowyn will try to add a comforting presence as well.Aid Another on Diplomacy check. She has a +2 modifier.

bcool999
2020-12-09, 10:12 PM
Oreld looks uncertain towards Walters attempts at comfort. Then he glances over at Adowyn and remembers how she managed to heal him and the scales seem to tip in the party's favor. Oreld breathes in, and breathes out before muttering to himself, "Come on Oreld, stiff upper lip. Tonight's not the night to fall to pieces."

With a nod to the party, Oreld makes his way over to the door and slowly opens it partway before stopping and reaching through the gap to fiddle with something on the other side. Seemingly satisfied with his work, Oreld pushes the door open the rest of the way... and nothing happens.

What do you do next?

lostsole31
2020-12-09, 10:49 PM
"Thank you, Oreld. We don't know the things you have here, you do. So, start gathering up what you think is important, and what we can carry including whomever you have in here. Please point the way to them. Oh, and grab that .... what was it? .... stump remover?"

bcool999
2020-12-10, 10:26 PM
Oreld nods at the thanks but thinks a moment before saying, "Feel free to take what you need from the store, and the townsfolk are down the trapdoor there," Indeed the rug in the next room is hiding the trapdoor much like lingerie hides a naked figure, "I need to get this damned chain off of my neck and the brute didn't have the decency to have a key on him. After that I will get to work making a stump remover for you, but it will take a few minutes. Ah, and here," Oreld hands you a key, "This opens the cabinet in my workroom, it my more valuable components in it. Maybe you can round up those below to gather supplies while I work on making the stump remover?"

With that, Oreld starts working on the lock around his neck to get the chain and collar off.

What do you do? Raid the storefront? Rescue those in the Cellar? Loot Oreld's Workshop? Something else?

Lazy PCs wanting the NPC shopkeep to loot his own shop for them *Grumble Grumble*

lostsole31
2020-12-10, 10:48 PM
Adowyn commands Leryn to defend Oreld. She then hands the key to Walter. "You're probably smarter than I. You'll have better luck figuring out what to grab."

Adowyn will then throw back the rug and open the trapdoor carefully speaking soothingly, "My name is Adowyn and we are here to rescue you."

If time permits, also, loot the orc for anything useful.

meemaas
2020-12-11, 04:09 PM
Walter will start by checking the workshop cabinet to see what is there.

bcool999
2020-12-11, 11:54 PM
Adowyn finds the townsfolk more than willing to leave the cellar at the promise of potential safety. She then gives the Hob Orc a once over and finds several useful items. She finds 3 unidentified potions, 3 alchemist's fire, a vial labeled Antitoxin, a healer's kit, 5 vials of oil, 2 smokesticks, 2 tanglefoot bags, and 2 thunderstones. She also finds 3 Provision Points worth of food, 16gp, a hooded lantern and the Orc wears leather armor and is armed with 3 daggers and a heavy mace you could take.

Walter, you open the cabinet and find it full of miscellaneous materials. There is too much in the cabinet to warrant taking everything, so you'll need to carefully select what to bring.

Walter roll a spellcraft check to identify useful Alchemical Components.

lostsole31
2020-12-12, 01:42 AM
Adowyn totally gear-strips the filthy orcses and then has people hold onto things, paying particular attention to anyone who wants to carry a dagger or mace for protection. They don't have to know how to use it, but they might feel better to have it. Adowyn looks to the strongest two people and asks them to assist carrying Oreld once he is done doing what he needs to do here.

bcool999
2020-12-14, 08:33 PM
Walter is able to use his experience in spellcraft to identify the most expensive materials in the cabinet and bundle them up. At the market the materials would go for around 200gp, but, in the hands of an experienced Alchemist, alchemical goods worth thrice that could be produced.

While Adowyn takes the time to strip the Orc, Oreld finally gets his collar off. Now fully liberated, he walks into the workroom where Walter is packaging the components and begins working at his workstation. Grabbing various materials strewn about to assemble something.

What does the party do? Adowyn notices that there are still alchemical substances displayed on the store shelves. Walter, you do not notice anything else of note in the backrooms.

lostsole31
2020-12-14, 08:46 PM
If Oreld is not still busy, she will ask what those things are. If he is busy, she will simply direct townsfolk to gather those items up.

bcool999
2020-12-16, 08:17 PM
After scouring the storefront, You are able to find a variety of alchemical products labelled and ready for sale amidst the missing or flat out destroyed stock. In the haul you find 3 antiplague bottles, 5 vials of bloodblock, a bottle of fire ward gel, and two flasks of defoliant. A survivor also nicks the mortar and pestle that was sitting on a nearby desk.

Walter had just returned to pass off his haul when Aubrin bursts into the storefront. "Another patrol on the way!" she warns while moving towards the backroom waving the survivors to get out of the way with her.

You have a few moments to prepare (read 1 round) before the patrol is on you. What do you do?

lostsole31
2020-12-16, 09:37 PM
"Walter, get ready with that colorful burst. Oreld, can I have some alchemist's fire, if you have any?"

She backs up some in the store, taking cover with Leryn, getting ready to throw the alchemist's fire, but hoping the orcs keep moving.
Silver crane step, so +4 initiative. Also, I goofed. That +2 AC/Ref saves is only when I move 10' in the round.

Stealth, if possible, but yeah.

meemaas
2020-12-19, 07:34 PM
Walter will put himself in a position where he can see the enemy when they enter, and prepares himself to cast his spell on them as soon as more than one has gotten inside.

bcool999
2020-12-19, 07:46 PM
Making their hasty preperations, Adowyn and Walter lie in wait for the 'Orcs' to pass. Unfortunately, the 'Orcs' enter the shop chattering in Goblin of all things before the lead one stops and stares suddenly, at the corpse of the 'Orc' alchemist.

Combat Start
SRT17

Leryn is poised and ready on Adowyn's order.

SRT14

Adowyn, what do you do? What do you order of Leryn?

lostsole31
2020-12-20, 02:06 PM
Adowyn throws the alchemist's fire at the lead, linguistically-misled orc. "Leryn, attack!" as she goes over towards Walter to give him defensive advice.
SA: She uses the enduring crane strike maneuver with this attack. It is still a thrown weapon,. Incl PBS [roll0], damage [roll1]
* See Alchemist's fire regarding splash damage and catching fire.
*If hit directly, Leryn heals [roll2].
MA: Move 10' east to get cover from counter while incl. Walter in her aura (+1 AC, Will saves). She also gets +2 dodge bonus to AC and Ref saves.

bcool999
2020-12-20, 02:28 PM
SR14

Adowyn throws the alchemist's fire at the lead, linguistically-misled orc. The vial brakes on the 'Orcs' chest for 5 Fire with additional flames spraying over at his two allies for 1 Fire. "Leryn, attack!" as she starts moving towards Walter to give him defensive advice.

Leryn moves forward getting into the lead 'Orcs' face. But Adowyn's attack reinvigorates Leryn for 8 Positive.

Note that this is a surprise round. I lowered your movement to a 5ft step so Walter is still in the aura if only just. Leryn moves forward ready to attack next round.

SR5

Walter what do you do? Remember surprise round rules.

meemaas
2020-12-20, 03:23 PM
Walter will ready himself to cast his spell, waiting for the opportune moment.

Standard action: Ready an action to cast Color Spray once a second enemy enters the building. Making sure to aim it so that it only hits enemies if possible.

bcool999
2020-12-21, 04:11 AM
SR5

Walter will ready himself to cast his spell, waiting for the opportune moment.

R1T14

Adowyn, what do you do? Do you change Leryn's orders?

lostsole31
2020-12-21, 10:06 PM
She lets Leryn do his thing attacking the orc. She is also going to put him out of misery if she can as she shouts out a battle cry .... not a verbal imprecation, but a cry of anguish and focus for herself and Leryn. She gives a focused shot at the lead orc after a quick reposition.
SwA: Use Encouraging Roar, so +2 morale bonus to attack and damage rolls of all allies for next round.
FA: 5' step due south.
FAA: Rapid Shot, PBS, Risky Strike, and encouraging roar with no penalty for cover or shooting into melee...
* Attack #1: [roll0], damage [roll1]
* Attack #2: [roll2], damage [roll3]
Obviously, if Orc #1 falls, target the next. Because I only moved 5' to do a FAA, I don't get the benefit of Silver Crane Waltz this turn.

bcool999
2020-12-26, 11:02 PM
R1T14

She lets Leryn do his thing attacking the orc. She is also going to put him out of misery if she can as she shouts out a battle cry .... not a verbal imprecation, but a cry of anguish and focus for herself and Leryn. She gives a focused shot at the lead orc after a quick reposition.

Her first arrow goes wide, but the second barely hits her flat-footed target for 9 damage. Leryn also joins in the attack for another 8 damage felling the 'Orc'.

R1T6

Seeing the 'Orc' in the lead go down in flames, the next 'orc' steps up to slash at Leryn with a powerful blow which hits despite Adowyn's defensive aegis for 6 damage.

R1T5

Walter. No orc's managed to get into the store due to Leryn's holding of the doorway and Adowyn's arrows. What do you do?

meemaas
2020-12-28, 09:15 AM
Walter will prepare himself again, waiting for more than one foe to make it in in order to take them down all at once.

Second verse, same as the first. Readied action to cast Color Spray if an orc makes it into the door

bcool999
2021-01-02, 11:43 PM
R1T3

The final 'orc' stands ready to jump into combat when an opportunity presents itself.

R2T14

Adowyn's turn. Leryn currently ordered to attack. Hob Blue on deck, Walter in the hole.

lostsole31
2021-01-03, 06:43 AM
Adowyn takes careful aim at blue, looking to aim at a vulnerable place in the armor leading to a blood vessel. She lets loose the single arrow.
SA: Silver strike, so one attack .... roll twice and take better result ... while also using Risky Strike for increased damage (and PBS).
* Attack [roll0] or [roll1], damage [roll2]

bcool999
2021-01-07, 02:43 AM
R2T6

Adowyn takes careful aim at blue, looking to aim at a vulnerable place in the armor leading to a blood vessel. She lets loose the single arrow. The Arrow pierces the 'Orc' for 9 damage.

Leryn follows up with a bite for 4 damage.

R2T6

The injured foe gives a retaliatory swipe at Leyrn before backing off, the other foe takes this chance to step up and slash at Leryn with full power cutting into the loyal beast for a ghastly 12 damage gravely wounding Leryn.

R2T5

Walter, Leryn looks gravely injured and the 'orcs' have cycled out the injured one for a fresh fighter. What do you do?

Adowyn on deck, 'orcs' in the hole.

meemaas
2021-01-07, 06:13 PM
Walter will give up his waiting approach, and launch a Color Spray into the face of the healthy Orc, arcing it such that it won't hit Leryn.

See above

bcool999
2021-01-07, 10:54 PM
R2T5

Walter will give up his waiting approach, and launch a Color Spray into the face of the healthy Orc, arcing it such that it won't hit Leryn.

To do so, Walter crosses the room and takes advantage of the doorway to provide cover against retaliation from his spell. The spell fires a burst of riotous color out the doorway and the 'Orc' in back falls unconscious to the floor, but the uninjured 'Orc' stands unfazed by the spell. It turns to regard Walter with hatred in it's eyes.

R3T14

Adowyn, Leryn is dangerously wounded, and Walter's spell didn't drop the front 'Orc'. What do you do?

lostsole31
2021-01-08, 07:25 AM
"Leryn, down!" she calls, hoping that Leryn has the intuitive sense of danger to withdraw and not just turn tail. Meanwhile, she will step a little bit down and cover Leryn's retreat and Walter's dangerous position with her bow with suppressing fire.
FA: Vocal command to Leryn, which is for him to break off combat.
FA: 5' step south.
FRA: Ranged defensive focus...

Ranged Defensive Focus (Ex): She uses WIS instead of DEX for the Combat Reflexes feat.
* FRA, when recovering warder maneuvers, she threatens an area w/in 15' of herself, except for adjacent squares.
** She threatens this space only if she’s wielding a ranged weapon, and may make AOOs w/ ranged weapons as long as Ranged Defensive Focus is active.
** She may move as part of these AOOs, provided her total movement before her next isn't > her speed (her movement provokes AOOs as normal).
* While using this ability, +4 (3 [WIS] + 1 [IL]) to her CMD for the purposes of defending vs. enemies trying to use the Acrobatics skill to prevent her from getting AOOs against them.

bcool999
2021-01-10, 01:39 AM
R3T14

"Leryn, down!" she calls, hoping that Leryn has the intuitive sense of danger to withdraw and not just turn tail. Meanwhile, she will step a little bit down and cover Leryn's retreat and Walter's dangerous position with her bow with suppressing fire.

Leryn does retreat as ordered letting out a whimper as he scurries over to the desk at the back of the room with his tail between his legs.

R3T6

The 'Orc' steps past the threshold of the store, turning as it does so and slashing towards Walter with his blade. Luckily, Walter manages to duck the blow safely.

R3T5

Walter you have an enemy in your face what do you do?

Adowyn on deck, Enemy in the hole.

meemaas
2021-01-11, 05:32 PM
Walter backs away from the Orc, and draws upon his magical power to launch another massive burst of color, aiming it such that about half of it blankets the wall to his side, but still enough of it will hit the foe in question

Free Action: Five foot step away
Standard action: Cast Color Spray, keeping the cone angled so as to not hit Adowyn

bcool999
2021-01-11, 11:44 PM
R3T5

Walter backs away from the 'Orc', and draws upon his magical power to launch another massive burst of color, aiming it such that about half of it blankets the wall to his side, but still enough of it will hit the foe in question

The 'Orc' crumples to the ground unconscious.

R4T14

Adowyn all enemies are down. What do you do?

Still technically in combat. But I will allow a Fast Forward if you merely want to Coup de Grace.

lostsole31
2021-01-12, 08:26 AM
Adowyn calls Leryn forward, having just refreshed herself, will sanctify her killing of a fallen enemy. She doesn't perform a coup de grace, but she does say a prayer to Erastil, thanking Him for this victory, and then brains one of the orcs. That sacrifice and prayer is heard as Leryn is given a little bit of healing.
FA: Call Leryn closer, to at least be in LOS/LOE.
MA: Take out longsword.
SA: Perform Risky Strike enduring crane strike [roll0] (against an enemy with an effective DEX of 0, so flat-footed and additional -5 penalty).
* Damage [roll1], and Leryn receives [roll2] healing.
With both enemies down, though, she will then perform a proper CDG against the orcs. Then, she will direct survivors to help her strip the orcs of their gear.

"Time to go," she'll say to Oreld and the rest. "We need to make it carefully to the Phaendar Trading Company. Erastil be with us and save this community ... if not in location, then in its people."

Like the lady said, time to go.

digiman619
2021-01-13, 10:38 AM
Once the two halves of the party reconvene, Beryl will give them a once over, seeing if they have any injured among them.

lostsole31
2021-01-13, 10:41 AM
Adowyn has a very light abrasion, nothing requiring resources. Her wolf, however, is badly wounded (50%). Adowyn does a quick look and sees that nobody was lost, and they even gained some. "This is Oreld, the alchemist .... and some folks that were hiding out at his spot. He has something he calls a 'stump remover' that might help in bringing down the bridge once we get folks safely across. How did you group fare?"

SwordChucks
2021-01-13, 11:12 AM
"Fairly well." Caliban says even as he absently traces a now sealed wound.

"Some cash, provisions, padded armor, a nice battleaxe, and some booze."

He hitches a thumb over his shoulder towards the new recruits. "This lot is probably a little too eager to fight, but they're good people."

digiman619
2021-01-13, 01:23 PM
Beryl takes the cure wand from the priest-in-training and uses it to heal up Adowyn's wolf before returning it to him. "Your wolf should be fine now." He then turned to the canine, smirking. "And you: Be more careful. Work on your technique."

Having chastised the wildlife, he turned to look at the Trading Company building. "You ready to go deal with this?

Using up to 3 charges of the CLW wand on the doggo. Obviously stop once it's only got no more than 2 HP missing.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Only 2 charges were actually used, as the second roll was enough to fully heal it.

silphael
2021-01-13, 05:05 PM
Perwialen nods.

"I hope our fights will be short. Because if I tap in my powers now, I might hurt myself far more often than earlier."

meemaas
2021-01-13, 05:30 PM
Walter nods. "I can still let out a few more spells today, so if we do get into a fight, try and push them into a group and I can probably disable most or all of them with little effort."

lostsole31
2021-01-14, 12:27 AM
"I will move ahead on point to draw fire .... if they see me coming," says Adowyn. "Give me and Leryn at least 10'."

With bow nocked, she moves forward, Leryn following behiind her.

bcool999
2021-01-14, 03:20 AM
Past Midnight 11th Gozran AR 4717
Outside Phaendar Trading Co.

A signpost by the road announces the clapboard wooden shop and barnlike smithy sharing a single large, stone wall to be the Phaendar Trading Company. The smithy’s double doors stand open, revealing a large, still-glowing forge within. Two slaughtered goats and a dead horse fill an adjacent animal pen. Many fresh scratches and dents mar the trading post’s heavy wooden door, and a chair leg juts through one broken window. Small flames lick at the thatch rooftop where a red-hot iron has been tossed.

Five invaders prowl the lot. They seem the worse for wear and are licking their wounds while watching the flames slowly spread on the wet thatch roof with gleeful eyes.

They are not distracted enough however, to miss the tread of the party as they draw near, and they lift their blades to meet you.

Combat Begins
R1T21

Adowyn's Turn.

lostsole31
2021-01-14, 08:02 PM
"Contact, Five orcs!" she calls out, calling on the ferocity of beasts to aid her. "They've started a thatch fire."

She moves closer to the mass of the enemy and takes careful aim at one of the orcs and shoots it in the belly if she can. "Leryn, defend!" she taps herself, a signal for Leryn to defend his mistress, but not run forward to the enemy.
Silver crane waltz already active.....
SwA: Animal Focus [Tiger], 9 more rounds after this one, +2 enhancement to DEX.
MA: Move 2 squares (15' move) to the SE. AC & Ref save adjusted for the round with stane.
SA: Shoot at red ... who is now in PBS, with a Risky Strike using silver strike.
* Attack [roll0] or [roll1], damage [roll2]

bcool999
2021-01-17, 12:27 AM
R1T21

"Contact, Five orcs!" she calls out, calling on the ferocity of beasts to aid her. "They've started a thatch fire."

She moves closer to the mass of the enemy and takes careful aim at one of the orcs and shoots it in the belly if she can. "Leryn, defend!" she taps herself, a signal for Leryn to defend his mistress, but not run forward to the enemy.

Adowyn fires, but her arrow goes sailing off into the distance.

R1T20

The 'Orc' Adowyn shot at twists to glare at the archer before approaching with bared blade to cut at her. The blow goes wide with a swish.

R1T19

Another 'Orc' (blue) sees the archer as well and moves to flank with his ally before cutting at Adowyn,, but also fails to connect.

R1T17a

Caliban, Adowyn is flanked, the building is on fire, and there are 5 enemies. What do you do?

SwordChucks
2021-01-20, 10:51 PM
Caliban moves south to be near Leryn and takes a snap shot at Blue.

Move action: Move 15ft South.

Swift action: Use Eye of the Needle for a +4 to hit with my next ranged attack vs a target in melee.

Standard action: Use Risky Strike (-1 to hit, +3 damage) to fire a common arrow with the composite bow at Blue.

Long bow: [roll0], [roll1]

bcool999
2021-01-23, 01:10 PM
R1T17a

Caliban moves south to be near Leryn and takes a snap shot at Blue. Without taking proper time to aim the shot is deflected by Blue's shield.

R1T17b

Walter what do you do?

meemaas
2021-01-24, 07:10 PM
Walter will position himself closer to the fight, and prepare himself to let out another burst of color to wipe out multiple foes with a single burst.

Move action: Move to be exactly two squares north of Blue
Standard action: Ready an action to cast Color Spray once a second foe is within range to be hit by the cone with Blue, without hitting Adowyn.

bcool999
2021-01-26, 04:08 PM
R1T17b

Walter will position himself closer to the fight, and prepare himself to let out another burst of color to wipe out multiple foes with a single burst.

R1T17c

Leryn growls and moves to Adowyn's side. Snapping at Red ineffectually as he goes.

R1T16

silphael
2021-01-26, 07:03 PM
With their scythe in hand, Perwialen charges the closest hob, somewhat less intense than earlier.

Let's charge the blue one then.

[roll0]
[roll1]

bcool999
2021-01-28, 10:47 PM
R1T16

With their scythe in hand, Perwialen charges the closest hob, somewhat less intense than earlier.

Their lessened intensity brings forth a marked decrease in combat effectiveness as their scythe swings wide of the Hob.

R1T14

Beryl, there are hobs to kill and a roof on fire, what do you do?

digiman619
2021-01-29, 10:34 PM
Beryl once again slingshot across the battlefield, instilling the last of his stored energy into his scythe wielding ally before getting into position and punching the hob to the north.
SwA: Triage my way to be a square north of Periwialen. Blood pool is now 0.
MA: Move to the square SW of Peri; flanking "Blue"
SA: Punch! No maneuver, as my only readied strike does healing, which is not currently needed. [roll0] [roll1]

bcool999
2021-02-01, 02:24 PM
R1T14

Beryl once again slingshot across the battlefield, instilling the last of his stored energy into his spell casting ally before getting into position and punching the hob to the north.

The hob turns it's full attention on blocking or evading the blow but is still hit for 12 Damage bringing it to the brink of unconsciousness and making it cough blood for 4 Blood Pool.

R1T12

Hob Green moves forward getting into melee with Adowyn and Perwialen, but before it can attack Walter Casts his Spell filling a portion of the battlefield with Blinding Lights!

Green and Beryl (whose recent movement put him into the area of effect) both go down in a heap, but Blue miraculously stays standing.

R1T9a

Purple moves forward to the unconscious Beryl and slashes with her blade, but the blow is blocked, by a stroke of furtune, by the fallen Beryl's armor.

R1T9b

Orange moves up to close in on Adowyn and slashes but Adowyn dances out of reach of the strike.

R1T0

The fire on the roof crackles and spits on the wet thatch, but doesn't spread yet.

R2T21

Adowyn. One of your allies has fallen, and you yourself are in the midst of a cluster of enemies. What do you do?

lostsole31
2021-02-01, 02:45 PM
Adowyn gives forth a shout to spur her allies into action as she steps back. She then shoots over Periwalen's shoulder to remind the orc there are still living and dangerous enemies with which to contend. "Dude," she says to Periwalen, whom I don't think she's offically met, "step over to the dwarf to dissuade that orc from hitting a man when he's down."
Silver crane waltz already active, sheet represents.
Animal Focus [Tiger], 8 more rounds after this one.
FA: 5' step NW.
SwA: Encouraging roar: All allies w/in 30' gain +2 morale bonus to attack & damage rolls for 1 round (til beginning of Adowny's next turn).
SA: Shoot at purple, PBS, normal attack, using enduring crane strike.
* Attack [roll0], damage [roll1], provide max of [roll2] healing to Caliban (if needed), else self.

bcool999
2021-02-01, 03:06 PM
R2T21

Adowyn gives forth a shout to spur her allies into action as she steps back. She then shoots over Periwalen's shoulder to remind the orc there are still living and dangerous enemies with which to contend. "Dude," she says to Periwalen, whom I don't think she's offically met, "Step over to the dwarf to dissuade that orc from hitting a man when he's down."

The fired arrow sails towards Purple, but is batted away by her shield.

R2T20

Red steps around Leryn to threaten Adowyn, but sends a slash at Leryn that misses.

R2T19

Unsteady on his feet, Blue takes a step towards a hated spellcaster to land a blow, but collapses from his wounds after an ineffectual effort.

R2T17a

Caliban, what do you do? Leryn on deck, Perwialen in the hole.

SwordChucks
2021-02-01, 03:25 PM
Caliban circles around to the east to engage with purple and defend the napping Beryl. When he gets there, he attacks twice with a gauntleted fist.

Swift action: Enter Snapping Turtle Stance.
Move action: head east and south to become adjacent to Beryl and Purple.
Standard action: Flurry Strike on Purple.
(Encouraging Roar bonuses not included)
Punch 1: [roll0], [roll1]
Punch 2: [roll2], [roll3]

bcool999
2021-02-01, 03:41 PM
R2T17a

Caliban circles around to the east to engage with purple and defend the napping Beryl. When he gets there, he attacks twice with a gauntleted fist.

The first blow lands on Purple's temple for 17 damage knocking her unconscious, the second rings her bell hard enough 15 damage to snap her neck killing her instantly.

R2T17b

Leryn strikes out at Red to defend his Mistress. He lands a bite for 11 damage and drags Red down to the ground (successful trip).

R2T16

Perwialen's Turn. Walter on deck, Orange in the hole.

silphael
2021-02-01, 05:51 PM
Perwialen gets closer to the last one standing, channeling their rage to quickly bring them down.

Enter Rage, 5 foot step down, then attack on the orange, expending my focus to force a Mind Palace with 30% enervation chance (for double damage on myself if the enervation happens)

[roll=Attack]1d20+1d4+6
[roll1]

meemaas
2021-02-05, 05:48 PM
Walter will move back from the fight and unleash his primal emotions to launch a blast of electricity at one of the enemies.

Five foot step backwards away from the fight
Standard action: Wild Surge Energy Ray (Electric)

Attack roll [roll0] (+3 if wearing metal armor)
Damage [roll1]

Psychic Enervation [roll2]

bcool999
2021-02-09, 06:08 PM
R2T16

Perwialen gets closer to the last one standing, channeling their rage to quickly bring them down. Their swing was avoided by their foe.

R2T13

Walter will move back from the fight and unleash his primal emotions to launch a blast of electricity at one of the enemies. His power lands on the still standing Hob shocking it for 14 Electric dropping it unconscious.

R2T0

The flames on the roof of the building begin to spread creating more smoke.

R3T22

From the building's barred windows, voices start to shout, "Help us!" "Smoke! Fire!" "Get us out of here!"

R3T21

Adowyn what do you do? Red on deck, Caliban in the hole.

lostsole31
2021-02-09, 09:13 PM
Adowyn gulps, realizing that it is on her to threaten more than she can handle to protect as many as she can. She steps over by Periwalen and calls out, "Walter, work with our group of survivors to get a bucket brigade to start putting out that fire!"
Silver crane waltz already active, sheet represents.
Animal Focus [Tiger], 7 more rounds after this one.

Last round's encouraging roar has now ended.
FA: Move 5' east (oooh, I'm gonna die).
FRA: Set up Ranged Defensive Focus to lay down a field of not-quite suppressing fire. :smallsmile:
Ranged Defensive Focus (Ex): She uses WIS instead of DEX for the Combat Reflexes feat.
* FRA, when recovering warder maneuvers, she threatens an area w/in 15' of herself, except for adjacent squares.
** She threatens this space only if she’s wielding a ranged weapon, and may make AOOs w/ ranged weapons as long as Ranged Defensive Focus is active.
** She may move as part of these AOOs, provided her total movement before her next isn't > her speed (her movement provokes AOOs as normal).
* While using this ability, +4 (3 [WIS] + 1 [IL]) to her CMD for the purposes of defending vs. enemies trying to use the Acrobatics skill to prevent her from getting AOOs against them.

SwordChucks
2021-02-11, 03:01 PM
Caliban moves an appropriate distance to try walloping Red with a gauntlet.

Move action: Assuming Red either doesn't move or stays within a single move (30ft) of Caliban, Caliban moves to engage them in melee.
Standard action: Punch Red in the jaw.

Gauntlet: [roll0], [roll1]

bcool999
2021-02-11, 11:20 PM
R3T21

Adowyn gulps, realizing that it is on her to threaten more than she can handle to protect as many as she can. She steps over by Periwalen and calls out, "Walter, work with our group of survivors to get a bucket brigade to start putting out that fire!"

R3T19

Weakened by Leryn's bite, Red panics slightly looking for an opportunity to escape from it's vulnerably postion.

R3T18

Before Red finds a safe moment to flee, Caliban moves in and crushes Red's skull. Killing the Hob with his gauntlet dealing 15 Damage.

R3T17

Leryn seeing no enemies threatening Adowyn sits near Adowyn, tongue lolling, looking behind his back at her.

https://cdn.petcarerx.com/LPPE/images/articlethumbs/Siberian-Husky-Training-Secrets-Large.jpg

R3T16

Perwialen all enemies are unconscious and the building is on fire. Walter on deck, Adowyn in the hole.

lostsole31
2021-02-12, 12:03 AM
(when it is her turn), Adowyn casts resist energy [fire] on herself, and looks around for any nearby well pump or source of water if nothing has happened yet.

silphael
2021-02-12, 12:25 PM
Perwialen looks for the closer opening that they could break through, their rage pushed away again.

I don't think we have what it takes for a full bucket brigade, but if we can get them out that would help, right ?

meemaas
2021-02-12, 06:05 PM
Walter looks around for any kind of water source before he even starts talking. "Lets get our priorities in order here. Objects can be replaced, people can't." He looks at the group they've escorted. "Can two of you come join me to check and make sure that building is empty?" He makes ready to storm the building, ready to cover his mouth with his sleeve to avoid breathing in too much.

lostsole31
2021-02-12, 07:29 PM
Adowyn nods to Walter after casting her spell (see above), then follows with Leryn.

bcool999
2021-02-18, 11:36 PM
R3T16

Perwialen moves to a nearby window and attempts to force entry. The barricade on the window is sufficient to stymie their attempts as it likely stymied the hobs before they decided it easier to burn the building down.

R3T13

Walter sees a nearby trough filled with water in the animal paddock. Conveniently found next to the trough are 4 buckets which can be used to transport the water.

Moving into the building will prove problematic, as the part with people screaming for help was barricaded to resist the hobs.

R3T0

The fire begins to burn hotter. More quickly drying the wet thatch and burning. 15 square feet of roof are burning.

R4T22

"COUGH Help- COUGH us!" "I can't- COUGH breathe!" "Get us- COUGH Get us out of- COUGH here!" Voices of the soon to be victims cry out from the burning building.

In response to Adowyn and Walter's calls for assistance, some of the survivors the group brought with them move to the animal pen for the buckets and water and will start passing buckets next round.

R4T21

Adowyn casts protection from fire upon herself and follows Walter toward the burning building.

Leryn moves with Adowyn.

R4T17

Caliban what do you do? Hobs are unconscious for now, and the building is burning at a good clip. Perwialen on deck, Walter in the Hole.

SwordChucks
2021-02-19, 03:52 PM
Not wanting to allow the hobs to be a problem later, Caliban sets himself up for the grim task of making their unconsciousness more permanent.

Move action: move to be adjacent to Blue and Green.
Standard action: Punch Blue with Risky Strike.

(No bonuses for the target being prone or similar were added)
Punch: [roll0], [roll1]

bcool999
2021-02-23, 07:27 PM
R3T17

Not wanting to allow the hobs to be a problem later, Caliban sets himself up for the grim task of making their unconsciousness more permanent. His fist collapses Blue's chest, making the hob breath it's last.

R3T16

Perwialen's turn, Walter on deck, Fire and Adowyn in the hole.

meemaas
2021-02-24, 06:09 PM
Walter will head into the building now, knowing that Adowyn will come after him, while hoping that at least one other comes along.

silphael
2021-02-25, 10:04 AM
Perwialen starts breaking down the barricade with their impressive strength.

Well, let's try breaking down that barricade then ! (fatigued this round and the next one since rage ended after only one round, taken into account)
[roll0]

lostsole31
2021-02-26, 11:52 AM
Adowyn does NOT follow Walter into the building, who probably can't get in yet because of the barricade. Instead, she is directing external survivors to help her with the bucket brigade .... because that goes on the roof outside, not splashed up from the inside.

bcool999
2021-02-28, 11:50 PM
R3T16-13

Perwialen starts breaking down the barricade with their impressive strength.

Beryl is still dead to the world.

Walter attempts to assist Perwialen with the door, but their combined efforts are still not enough to remove the barricade.

R3T0

The fire spreads does not yet spread to cover more roof.

R4T22

The voices of the villagers inside fade away amidst coughs.

R4T21

The survivors are already doing their best on the bucket brigade, but without access to the roof the water will need to be flung. The survivors can refill the four 3 gallon buckets once per round.

Each square of fire needs to be hit with 12 gallons of water to be extinguished so 4 buckets need to be used to douse a square. It is a ranged touch attack (with a -4 penalty) to hit a burning square. You can choose to fling water as a standard action using your bab, dex, etc. rather than having the survivors attempt it.

Adowyn can make a ranged attack roll with a bucket if she wishes or let a survivor take one.

R4T17

Caliban's turn, Perwialen on deck, Walter in the hole.

lostsole31
2021-03-01, 12:16 AM
Adowyn will instead climb right up to the fire, having recently cast resist fire on herself, and ask that a bucket be passed up to her.
Climb [roll0]

bcool999
2021-03-01, 12:29 AM
R4T21

Adowyn attempts to scale the building, but finds no success trying to clamber up the side of the building.

R4T17

Caliban, what do you do?

SwordChucks
2021-03-01, 12:03 PM
Already adjacent to one of the remaining hobgoblins, Caliban lines up a metal knuckle at their temple.

Full-round action: Coup de grace on Green.
If the hob is pulped, 5ft step into their space to become adjacent to Orange.

CdG Punch: [roll0]

bcool999
2021-03-01, 03:57 PM
R4T17

Already adjacent to one of the remaining hobgoblins, Caliban lines up a metal knuckle at their temple.

The blow is sufficient to kill the Color Sprayed Hobgoblin. There remains one remaining hob who is still bleeding out.

R4T16

Perwialen's turn, Walter on deck, Fire Crew in the hole.

meemaas
2021-03-03, 06:24 PM
Walter will wait to see if Peri will succeed in breaking down the barricade. If Peri succeeds, he'll start in to look for survivors, if not, he'll go for a window and smash it open with his elbow.

silphael
2021-03-07, 06:56 AM
Their breath still short, Perwialen keeps working on the barricade.

"I don't know if it's working fast enough !"

Well, keep breaking stuff from the barricade. Last round of fatigue.

[roll0]

bcool999
2021-03-11, 01:28 AM
R4T16

Their breath still short, Perwialen keeps working on the barricade.

"I don't know if it's working fast enough !"

Their fatigue weakens their attempt at forcing open the barred door.

R4T13

Walter see's Perwialen's attempts fail, and turns to a window and strikes it. He does indeed hit the wooden shutters keeping the window closed, but can't deal enough damage with an unarmed strike to destroy it.

R4T1

The fire crew fling their buckets of water towards the farthest flame first attempting to stop or slow the spread. The water hisses on contact with the flames and part of the fire dies out!

R4T0

The whether by luck or by the excellent work of the fire crew, the flames fail to spread.

R5T21

Adowyn, your attempts to climb a building with no handholds didn't turn out well, but the fire crew managed to land all their shots. What do you do?

Caliban on deck, Perwialen in the hole.

SwordChucks
2021-03-11, 03:08 PM
Seeing the others having some difficulty climbing up the side of the building, Caliban holds off on his gory work. He drops his bow, and withdraws a line of silk rope and a grappling hook arrow.

5ft step closer to the building.
Free action: Drop the longbow.
Move action: Draw 50ft of silk rope.
Move action: Draw a grappling hook arrow (sadly it doesn't count as ammo)

lostsole31
2021-03-11, 04:07 PM
Adowyn will delay. After Caliban has the grappling hook and silk rope in hand .... if he lets me, Adowyn will tie it off, and then throw it up there.

bcool999
2021-03-12, 12:43 AM
R5T21

Adowyn Delays.

R5T17

Seeing the others having some difficulty climbing up the side of the building, Caliban holds off on his gory work. He drops his bow, and withdraws a line of silk rope and a grappling hook arrow.

R5T17b

Adowyn, with Caliban's permission, grabs the rope and grappling arrow, ties it off, and then shoots it up onto the roof where it embeds itself with a satisfying thunk.

R5T16

Perwialen's turn, Walter on deck, Fire crew in the hole.

silphael
2021-03-12, 04:52 AM
Their strength back, Perwialen keeps trying to open the barricade.

Let's rage to try to break it down.

[roll0]

bcool999
2021-03-17, 09:18 PM
R5T16

Their strength back, Perwialen keeps trying to open the barricade. The barricade holds fast.

It is after this attempt that Perwialen suspects it may be easier to cut the doors down than force them open.

R5T13

Walter's turn.

meemaas
2021-03-22, 02:39 PM
Walter will try one more time to break the window.

bcool999
2021-03-24, 12:11 AM
R5T13

Try though he might, Walter's strength is insufficient to break through the barred doors or windows, and his bare fists too weak to damage them as well.

R5T1

The Fire crew launches water once again, but were far less successful. Two hit the fire but one missed and the last fumbled entirely and dropped a bucket. The fire crew quickly moves back to refill the buckets, the one who dropped his looking particularly embarrassed.

R5T0

The fire that was wetted fails to spread but the other spreads to another portion of the roof.

R6T17

Things are looking dire. The cries from inside the trading company died down a while ago, and nothing has been heard from them since. Smoke continues to fill the building possibly choking the life from them. Aubrin makes her injured way over to Caliban and practically shouts at him, "WHAT IN THE HELLS ARE YOU DOING!? They are dying in there! Get that door open! Beat it with your fist if you have to!" The injured cleric then stands where she is gasping as her shout caused her injury to act up.

Caliban what do you do?

SwordChucks
2021-03-24, 10:21 AM
"I genuinely thought they had it covered."
Caliban lowers into a sprinter's stance before charging at the door. He aims a punch near the doorknob.

Full-round action: Charge the door with Risky Strike.

Gauntlet: [roll0], [roll1]

bcool999
2021-03-24, 10:35 AM
R6T17

"I genuinely thought they had it covered."
Caliban lowers into a sprinter's stance before charging at the door. He aims a punch near the doorknob. He slams into the door dealing 11 damage to it. The door appears to be broken but not yet destroyed entirely.

R6T17b

Adowyn, you have a line up to the roof if you wish to take it. The front door has also been weakened somewhat by Caliban's fist.

Perwialen on deck, Walter in the hole.

lostsole31
2021-03-24, 06:32 PM
Adowyn will climb up, then reaches down for a bucket to be passed up to her.
MA: Climb check w/ -5 for accelerated climb. DC should be 5 (rope w/ wall to brace against) and 15' total should be enough to get up and on roof. [roll0]
SA: Readied action to take bucket handed up to her.

silphael
2021-03-24, 07:10 PM
Fed up with the barricade resistance, Perwialen starts eating it with their scythe.

Let's go for sunder then ! PA on it of course ><

[roll0]

meemaas
2021-03-28, 05:37 AM
Meanwhile, Walter, having given up on trying to break this window, will now let out a surge of power and belt out a sharp sound from his finger, hopefully shattering the window in one shot.

Wild Surged Energy Ray (Sonic)

Attack roll [roll0]
Damage [roll1] (Ignores Hardness, +1 damage per die for bloodline, -1 for being Sonic

Enervation [roll2]

bcool999
2021-03-28, 12:53 PM
R6T17b

Adowyn will climb up, then reaches down for a bucket to be passed up to her.

R6T16

Fed up with the barricade resistance, Perwialen starts beating it with their scythe. The Scythe cleaves through the door's hinges which, coupled with Caliban's blow to the lock, causes the door to fall outward from the weight of the furniture piled behind it which also releases a fair amount of smoke from inside the buiiding.

R6T14

Beryl, you awaken, you are blind and cannot act (Stunned).

R6T13

Meanwhile, Walter, having given up on trying to break this window, will now let out a surge of power and belt out a sharp sound from his finger, hopefully shattering the window in one shot. The sonic blast hits the window for 4 damage, but is not enough to smash it open.

R6T4

One of the fire brigade hands Adowyn a bucket which she takes, the other three send water towards the roof. They did poorly though and only one landed on the already weakened flame, the other two splash uselessly against the wall.

R6T0

The fire spreads yet again making 20 square feet of roof enflamed.

R7T17

Caliban, the door is open but The remains of the barricade makes footing treacherous beyond the door, four forms are collapsed on the floor. It is unknown if they yet live.

Adowyn on deck with a bucket of water, Perwialen in the hole, Beryl (Stunned and blind) after, and Walter to cap of the round.

SwordChucks
2021-03-28, 06:16 PM
Caliban takes a deep breath and heads in to the building. He loads a villager onto his shoulder in a fireman's carry, ready to pass them to the others outside.

Holding a breath.
Move action: Spend 15ft of movement to become adjacent to three of the villagers.
Move action: Lift a villager, almost definitely reaching my max load (200 lbs).

lostsole31
2021-03-28, 07:58 PM
Adowyn pours the water over the fire, trying to keep clear of getting burned - especially by steam.

digiman619
2021-03-29, 08:26 PM
Beryl groans.

bcool999
2021-03-30, 10:01 PM
R7T17

Caliban takes a deep breath and heads in to the building. He loads a villager onto his shoulder in a fireman's carry, ready to pass them to the others outside.

R7T17b

Adowyn pours the water over the fire, trying to keep clear of getting burned - especially by steam.

Direct application of the water is enough to finish off one of the already weakened squares of flame.

R7T16

Perwialen, the door is open, what do you do?

silphael
2021-04-04, 11:55 AM
Holding their breath, Perwialen enters the building and pulls people out as fast as they can.

meemaas
2021-04-06, 04:50 PM
Now that the door is open, Walter will cover his mouth with his shirt and head in after Peri.

bcool999
2021-04-20, 09:04 PM
R7T16

Holding their breath, Perwialen enters the building and pulls people out as fast as they can. They grab a figure passed out on the floor and place them on their shoulders.

R7T14

Beryl groans.

R7T13

Moving deeper into the building, you notice no further figures other than those gathered near the only entrance to the building.

R7T4

The Fire Brigade makes due with the three remaining buckets. Two throws lands on one section of the fire, but the third misses. The fourth bucket remains with Adowyn and a Fire Brigade member awaits below to recollect and fill it.

R7T0

The Fire has mostly been corralled on the roof. Only one section of the fire has unburnt roofing to spread to and it fails to spread as it was hit twice by the Fire Brigade below.

[3 5ft fire sections remain, 1 section has been hit twice with water (2 more needed to extinguish)]

R8T17

Adowyn you have an empty water bucket. What do you do?

Caliban on deck (with villager)

lostsole31
2021-04-21, 08:29 AM
Adowyn drops the bucket and climbs down. "Okay, the door is open, so let the thatch burn, but let's get these people out. Start chaining to grab folks from the heroes taking them outta' there." If she climbed down easily enough, then she will step into the hut herself to look for more people needing to be brought out.
MA: Climb down [roll0].
MA (only if needed): Climb again [roll1]
MA (if 2nd climb not needed): Go into hut to nearest survivor not a party member.

SwordChucks
2021-04-21, 08:31 AM
Caliban moves due west to gently set the villager down beside the corpse of purple.

Move action: Spend 25ft of movement to get adjacent to Purple.
Move action: gently lay the villager down. No sense in dropping them on their head now.

bcool999
2021-04-28, 06:59 PM
R8T17

Caliban moves out of the burning building, setting the man gently to the ground.

R8T17

Adowyn drops the bucket and climbs down. "Okay, the door is open, so let the thatch burn, but let's get these people out. Start chaining to grab folks from the heroes taking them outta' there." She climbs down easily enough and makes her way inside the burning building and finds a villager inside easily enough.

R8T16

Perwialen's turn, currently burdened by a body.

Walter on deck.

silphael
2021-05-01, 08:39 PM
Perwialen carries this body outside, before returning inside to grab more.

bcool999
2021-05-07, 12:00 AM
R8T16

Perwialen carries this body outside, before returning inside to grab more.

R8T13

Walter. You are deeper in the building but don't see any other villagers than those gathered at the front entrance. What do you do?

meemaas
2021-05-07, 03:49 PM
With nobody else he can see, Walter heads out alone and calls out to the rest. "Everyone seems to be out."

digiman619
2021-05-08, 10:01 AM
Beryl continues to groan.

bcool999
2021-05-09, 03:54 PM
Combat Ends

Despite Adowyn's request, the bucket brigade continues fighting the fire to save any supplies in the building and extinguishes it before too long. While that goes on, two of the villagers rescued from the building wake up after getting some fresh air after a while. Unfortunately, the other two you dragged out of the building never awaken again.

Beryl also recovers from his disabled condition before too long.

Once free from the smoke, the locals to Phaendar recognize the dwarf woman Perwialen carried out as Kinning. Current owner of the Phaendar Trading Company and town smith.

Okay. We are out of the fire fighting phase now. Weren't fast enough to save all of them but you saved half.

lostsole31
2021-05-09, 05:52 PM
Adowyn gathers Leryn and heads to the smithy first and animal pen, but not before mentioning that others should start grabbing what supplies can be carried.

SwordChucks
2021-05-09, 07:38 PM
"Oh Beryl, you're awake. Mind helping me strip the invaders of anything useful?"

If no one objects, Caliban will offer any unused weapons and armor from the group's inventory to the survivors. "Every bit of protection helps. No sense in letting a stray arrow get you."

digiman619
2021-05-11, 08:30 AM
Beryl wasn't the most convivial man, to put it mildly, but he was in a foul mood upon his awakening. "Don't do that" he said irritably to Caliban. "If there's light armor, fine. But if the armor is too heavy, it's just going to slow them down." He will then help Caliban loot, albeit grumpily.

bcool999
2021-05-13, 11:11 PM
Phaendar Trading Company
Trade Yard

While looting the hobgoblin corpses outside the trading company, Beryl and Caliban also notice some human corpses who were apparently caught out when the attacks started.

Phaendar Trading Company
Smithy

Adowyn enters the Smithy along with Leryn. The Forge lies cold and signs of looting are present. The most striking discovery is the Hobgoblin corpse lying on the ground. The corpse shows obvious signs of being bludgeoned to death with its limbs broken and head caved in.

lostsole31
2021-05-13, 11:27 PM
She calls out, in case any people were hiding in here scared, but she didn't relish the thought of her head being caved in, so she doesn't search deep. "Hello? If anyone is here, we have a train of survivors and we're heading to the Chernsardo. Come with us if you can. But hurry, because we're going to drop the bridge."

She leaves and regroups with the rest, assuming nobody answers her.

SwordChucks
2021-05-14, 10:13 AM
Caliban gathers up his bow, grappling arrow, and rope. "Rhyna, I'm sure the fallen would appreciate a quick prayer while we check the area."

When Adowyn appears, Caliban calls out."Find anything useful? The smith's hammers might be useful if we can bear the weight."

lostsole31
2021-05-14, 05:18 PM
Adowyn will have grabbed anything useful, but not look deep, so she has what she has from the smithy, if anything (i.e., GM to say). "We have to go. We've spent enough time, and soon enough, the orcs will close the town to us, at which point, we die."

meemaas
2021-05-15, 10:49 AM
Walter nods. "Let us get out of here. We've spent enough time here."

digiman619
2021-05-17, 12:12 PM
Beryl grunts in agreement.

bcool999
2021-05-17, 05:24 PM
In the Smithy

Adowyn does indeed receive an answer, though it is in no tongue any in the party recognize. A being of earth and stone rises up from the earthen floor of the smithy and strikes out at Adowyn!

Combat Start
Surprise Round

SR18

The being of earth cries out in it's strange tongue and slams it's vaguely armed shaped appendages for 7 damage.

SR12

Beryl you hear violence from the smithy. You instinctively fall back on your training to react instantly. What do you do? (Single Standard action only)

digiman619
2021-05-17, 06:00 PM
Beryl rushes forward, pushing his way past the civilians to help.
Move 3 squares diagonally down, that's 20 feet. If I can't move though the civilians, I move four squares, ending 5 feet below the civilian token.

bcool999
2021-05-23, 04:25 PM
SR12

Beryl moves as quickly as his legs will carry him.

R1T18

The being of Earth and stone cries out again in it's tongue and smashes earthen fists into Adowyn again for 5 damage.

R1T17

Leryn leaps into the fray trying to bite the earth-thing attacking his mistress. Unfortunately, Leryn's lunge misses completely.

R1T15

Adowyn, the creature before you has dealt grievous wounds to you. What do you do?

lostsole31
2021-05-23, 08:43 PM
Adowyn tears out of there, calling out "Rock Monster! Help!"

She runs to the middle of the others, sporting significant contusions, calling for Leryn.Withdraw, which should keep her from getting pounded on the way out.

bcool999
2021-06-01, 10:12 AM
R1T15a

Adowyn tears out of there, calling out "Rock Monster! Help!"

She runs to the middle of the others, sporting significant contusions, calling for Leryn.

R1T15b

Perwialen, Adowyn comes tearing around the corner covered in significant injury shouting about a monster made of stone. What do you do?

silphael
2021-06-01, 10:55 AM
Their scythe in hand, Perwialen advances before getting ready to hit the elemental.

Move as far as possible with 20' move speed, then readied action : hitting the elemental as soon as it enters melee range. Rolling here just in case :

[roll0]
[roll1]

bcool999
2021-06-01, 11:11 AM
R1T15b

Their scythe in hand, Perwialen advances before getting ready to hit the elemental.

R1T14

Walter, what do you do?

meemaas
2021-06-09, 11:22 AM
Walter summons up a burst of destructive emotion and launches a small bolt of lightning towards the rock-thing.

Standard action: Wild Surge (Energy Ray Electric)

Attack roll [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Psychic Enervation [roll2]

bcool999
2021-06-20, 07:01 PM
R1T14

Walter launches his emotion fueled bolt at the rock creature, but his lack of control sends it arcing into the ground short of his target.

R2T18

The rock monster turns to Leyrn and seems to gather power before slamming stone fists into wolf flesh dealing 9 Damage.

R2T17

Giving out a canine yelp at the blow, Leryn withdraws to Adowyn’s side.

R2T15a

Adowyn. What do you do?

lostsole31
2021-06-20, 07:28 PM
Adowyn, barely standing, covers the group she's with, trying to get her mind right from the critical injuries she's suffered.
FRA: Ranged Defensive Focus. when recovering warder maneuvers, she threatens an area w/in 15' of herself, except for adjacent squares.
* While using this ability, +4 (3 [WIS] + 1 ) to her CMD for the purposes of defending vs. enemies trying to use the Acrobatics skill to prevent her from getting AOOs against them.

At the end of the round, she will recover her spent maneuvers.

Currently in [I]Silver Crane Waltz. Sheet updated with AC/ Ref saves.

bcool999
2021-06-22, 08:09 AM
R1T14

Walter launches his emotion fueled bolt at the rock creature, but his lack of control sends it arcing into the ground short of his target.

R1T12

Beryl what do you do?

R1T5

Caliban what do you do?

R2T18

The rock monster turns to Leyrn and seems to gather power before slamming stone fists into wolf flesh dealing 9 Damage.

R2T17

R2T15a

Adowyn, barely standing, covers the group she's with, trying to get her mind right from the critical injuries she's suffered.

So I reposted my last post but added in the spots in initiative for Beryl and Caliban. Their actions will happen when they should of and then we go from there. Note that Leyrn does not take 9 more damage (thus me leaving it unbolded). This is just a corrective post in a sense.

SwordChucks
2021-06-22, 10:11 AM
Caliban moves south and fires a black arrow that trails smoke at the rock monster.

Move action: Move 20ft south.
Standard action: Fire a smoke arrow at the rock monster. If it hits, the arrow creates a 5ft cube of smoke. There's not a duration listed, but a smoke stick lasts for 1 minute.

Smoke Arrow: [roll0], [roll1]

digiman619
2021-06-22, 10:54 AM
Beryl steps forward to give Adowyn the room to fall back. He then readies himself to strike the beast should it get into range.
MA: Move 20 feet southeast (SE->E->SE).
SwA: Use Encouraging Roar, giving my allies +2 to attack/damage until my next turn
SA: Ready Enduring Crane Strike vs the rock monster [roll0] [roll1], healing Adowyn for [roll2] (EDIT: +4; forgot my IM) if it hits.

bcool999
2021-06-22, 03:52 PM
R1T14

R1T12

Beryl steps forward to give Adowyn the room to fall back. He then readies himself to strike the beast should it get into range.

R1T5

Caliban moves south and fires a black arrow that trails smoke at the rock monster. The arrow misses as the rock monster shifts out of the way.

R2T18

R2T17

R2T15a

R2T15b

Perwialen’s turn, Walter on deck, Beryl in the hole.

silphael
2021-06-23, 03:55 AM
Perwialen gets into melee, and strikes the creature with their scythe.

Move in melee range, and attack.

[roll0]
[roll1]

bcool999
2021-06-23, 02:30 PM
R2T15b

Perwialen gets into melee, and strikes the creature with their scythe. The blow connects, but to no effect. The creature is indeed as hard as the stone and earth it resembles.

R2T14

Walter, what do you do? Beryl on deck. Cariban in the hole.

meemaas
2021-06-26, 05:47 PM
Walter sighs and holds his place, not ready to draw upon the last of his power yet.

bcool999
2021-06-26, 06:33 PM
R2T14

Walter sighs and holds his place, not ready to draw upon the last of his power yet.

R2T12

Beryl what do you do? Caliban on deck. Enemy in the hole.

digiman619
2021-06-27, 07:48 PM
Seeing as the beast didn't come to him, he opted to instead go to it, coming around the corner to punch it in the face.
MA: Move the 10 feet to get into melee range.
SA: Initiate Enduring Crane Strike vs the rock monster [roll0] [roll1], healing Adowyn for [roll2] if it hits.

bcool999
2021-06-27, 10:20 PM
R2T12

Seeing as the beast didn't come to him, he opted to instead go to it, coming around the corner to punch it in the face.

The fist skids off the stone hide of the creature to no effect.

R2T5

Caliban what do you do? Creature on deck.

SwordChucks
2021-06-28, 06:13 AM
Caliban runs forward while throwing a punch. At the last second he folds his hand inside his gauntlet and it flys toward the rock beast.

Swift action: Enter Snapping Turtle Stance.
Move action: Move 15ft east.
Standard action: Throwing Shell to ranged shield bash the rock monster. The gauntlet returns to Caliban just after the attack is made.

Shield Bash: [roll0], [roll1]

bcool999
2021-06-28, 05:20 PM
R2T5

Caliban runs forward while throwing a punch. At the last second he folds his hand inside his gauntlet and it flys toward the rock beast.

Caliban also finds his attack thwarted.

R3T18

The creature roars in a language you don’t know and brings it’s arms slaming into Perwialen for 11 damage.

R3T17

Leyrn stands between the rock creature and Adowyn, awaiting instructions.

R3T15

Adowyn. What do you do? Perwialen on deck, Walter in the hole.

lostsole31
2021-06-29, 10:52 AM
Adowyn looks to Leryn and points to the townsfolk in that clump and says, "Defend."

She then repositions to get a shot on the rock-monster and hopefully feel better about doing so.
FA: Direct animal companion.
MA: Move 20' (3 sq) SW.
SA: Enduring strike vs. enemy, cover penalty and PBS incl. [roll0], damage [roll1].
* If target struck and takes damage, she heals [roll2]

bcool999
2021-06-30, 11:36 AM
R3T15a

Adowyn looks to Leryn and points to the townsfolk in that clump and says, "Defend."

Obeying the command, Leryn moves over and stands between the scared townsfolk and the creature.

She then repositions to get a shot on the rock-monster and hopefully feel better about doing so.

Her arrow lands true, penetrating and chiseling off a chunk of the creature for 8 damage. It roars in pain as Adowyn feels her wounds close. 7 Positive

R3T15b

Perwialen's Turn, Walter on deck, Beryl in the hole.

silphael
2021-06-30, 12:40 PM
Swirling their scythe around, Perwialen tries to hold the line.

Standard action : Attack, with power attack at -1/+3.

[roll0]
[roll1]

bcool999
2021-07-01, 01:20 PM
R3T15b

Swirling their scythe around, Perwialen tries to hold the line.

Perhaps thrown off balance by the first successful blow against it, the creature finds itself wholly unprepared for the reaping blade brought to bear. It is slashed for 14 damage causing it’s roar of pain from Adowyn’s arrow to cease as it is now cut in twain and quickly decomposing into an unremarkable pile of dirt on the floor of the smithy.

Combat Ends

lostsole31
2021-07-02, 02:40 AM
"Medic?" says Adown simply from some level of shock, though doing a little better than before.

bcool999
2021-07-05, 12:53 PM
Limping into the center of the group from where she was tending the villagers, Aubrin raises her flask, a holy symbol of the Lucky Drunk, high. A wave of healing energy washes over the party for 10 Positive before dissipating.

“There,” Aubrin says to the group after channeling divine power, “That should keep you all fighting for a while. Can’t have our heroes dropping in the middle of saving us can we?”

SwordChucks
2021-07-05, 01:06 PM
Caliban lets out a relieved sigh. "Thank you. Was that thing summoned? If it was that means someone is nearby right?"

lostsole31
2021-07-05, 07:32 PM
Leryn is fully healed, and now Adowyn is left with a minor wound. "Thank you, Aubrin."

Regarding summoning, "Now, I don't deal in creatures of pure matter like that, but when I summon an animal and it gets killed, it usually disappears. It doesn't 'die' for leave anything behind. But maybe one of you more learned types might know better."

Adowyn, having Leryn heel with her, carefully goes into the yard where Rocky was and looks around.

digiman619
2021-07-06, 04:44 PM
Beryl grunts. "As fascinating as this mystery is, we don't have time to dally."

lostsole31
2021-07-06, 07:13 PM
"Not dallying," Adowyn calls back. "I don't expect a creature like that is here by accident, but was mainly brought forth to protect someone or something. It was still here to protect, which means whatever its charge was is likely here as well."

Adowyn goes back to searching or someone or something in the area that the earth creature might have been brought forward to aid.

bcool999
2021-07-07, 11:54 AM
A voice is heard from one of the recently rescued villagers, the voice is raspy from the recently inhaled smoke, but recognizable to those who are locals to Phaendar as belonging to Kining, owner of the Phaendar Trade Company, village smith, and the dwarf in charge of bridge repairs, "That thing weren't in me smithy afore today. Looks like goblins aren't the only things swarmin in out of nowhere."

As Adowyn enters the smithy, she notices it lit by a single torch which has dust upon it and it's holder, but the torch itself remains lit and shows no sign of going out.

In the southern part of the room is a pen for the animals slaughtered in the outer yard and a hayloft for their feed storage. Two longbows lie beneath the hayloft, but before Adowyn can inspect further two heads pop up from the hayloft. "Is that thing gone?" one of the heads, a male half elf by the look of him asks before the other head, a female half elf responds, "Of course it's gone! Otherwise it would be attacking."

They continue to bicker as they climb down from the hayloft and retrieve their bows.

lostsole31
2021-07-07, 03:45 PM
"Come with me if you want to live," Adowyn says to the hiding villagers, with a possibly slightly accidental Austrian accent. :smallcool: She will then help (there's three of them or two, kinda confusing) them to the rest of the refugees. "Marines We are leaving. Let's get to the bridge and blow it .... once it's behind us, of course.'

silphael
2021-07-07, 04:01 PM
"We got everyone ?"

bcool999
2021-07-07, 04:20 PM
The two half-elf hunters, whom locals to Phaendar recognize as being Lirosa and Taidel, shake their heads at Adowyn's call to join the group. “You can take care of the townsfolk now,” Taidel says before Lirosa adds, “We’ve got Hobgoblins to hunt.”

You recall the amulet of Erastil you found hanging in the chapel. It belongs to the very hunter Lirosa standing right before you.

Does anyone attempt to convince the hunters to stay?

lostsole31
2021-07-07, 04:34 PM
"Help us first, for we have helped you," says Adowyn. "Once we get to the forest and make a camp, we will make sorties against the filth. Until then, though, we are fighting on their terms, and those are not good terms."

silphael
2021-07-07, 04:45 PM
Shaking their head, Perwialen raises their voice.

"Do you think you can take care of them ? Because if not, once they will have found you, they will know there was survivors, and they will be after us. For now, we don't have what it takes to let you go like that. And for that, I think you can trust me about knowing what our odds are, and how to make sure the people of Phaendar survives this trial."

After a short break, they mark their words.

"Now, I ask. Do you really want to go, even if the both of you would probably be very helpful to help us either go through the wilderness safely, or find foot for all of us if we are to set up camp ?"

bcool999
2021-07-07, 04:54 PM
After Adowyn’s argument and Perwialen’s admonishment, Taidel and Lirosa look to one another and a conversation mostly conducted with body language ensues. At the end of the short silence Taidel says, “Very well, we will stick with you lot.” Lirosa quickly adds, “Just don’t make us babysitters while you go out bagging Hobs.”

With the Hunters now joined to your cause, you have leisure to inspect the rest of the workshop. Besides the previously mentioned torch, not much remains in the workshop that wasn’t ransacked by passing Hobs, there is a keyring holding keys hanging on a nail above the workbench, and the workbench itself holds technical drawings of the Phaendar bridge which is currently under repair.

SwordChucks
2021-07-07, 05:22 PM
"I'm sure there'll be plenty of hobs to go around."

Caliban grabs the torch and schematics and puts them in his pack. He points to the keys "Anyone know what these go to? We'll want these drawings to figure out where to place the stump remover."

lostsole31
2021-07-07, 05:46 PM
Adowyn asks the smith what useful things that are portable can we take out of her smithy, and then gets a working party of refugees to collect those things quickly.

bcool999
2021-07-09, 01:07 PM
Reasonably assured that nothing will jump out at her in her own smithy, Kining walks in and scowls at the broken things laying about. “Nothin ‘ere worth takin. ‘Less you consider scrap worth your time?” Kining says with disgust at the state of things before answering Caliban, “Keys are for the worksite and crane over by the bridge. Though I had the thought we were runnin off not doin construction.”

lostsole31
2021-07-09, 11:18 PM
"They might come in handy," says Adowyn to Kining, "for when we bring the bridge down."

Adowyn looks at Walter and the others, even Oreld, as she takes the keys. "We'll figure it out on the fly with Oreld's plans, but it is time for us to get out of here. We've stayed too long here."

digiman619
2021-07-10, 09:48 AM
"Finally" Beryl said irritably The faster they were clear of this place, the better..

silphael
2021-07-11, 02:09 PM
They nod.

"Yes. Let's go."

bcool999
2021-07-19, 11:04 PM
Pheandar, On the way to the bridge,
11th Gozran, 2 AM.

The refugees and their heroic leaders begin their flight in earnest. Despite all attempts at haste time is working against the survivors. The battle, if it can be called that, is all but over. There is an increasing Hobgoblin presence in the streets and signs of resistance are few and quickly and brutally snuffed out. The size of the survivor group makes moving undetected challenging and eventually your good streak of luck runs out.

An Ironfang squad consisting of a wolf, three hobgoblins and led by a Bugbear stumbles upon your band of survivors on the way to the bridge.

Combat Start
R1T21

Walter, what do you do?

meemaas
2021-07-20, 04:33 PM
Walter looks at the others "This is my last spell, cover me from the ones still standing." He heads forward and lets out a bright flash of color to disable the enemies.

Move action: Move to two squares in front of Leryn
Standard action: Cast Color Spray in order to cover the front three enemies of the group.

bcool999
2021-07-20, 11:31 PM
R1T21

Walter looks at the others "This is my last spell, cover me from the ones still standing." He heads forward and lets out a bright flash of color to disable the enemies.

The wave of scintillating riotous color washes over the front line of the squad and only one hobgoblin manages to get it's arm up in front of it's eyes in time to block the effect. The Wolf, and two other Hobgoblins are unconscious on the ground.

R1T19

Adowyn, Walter's last spell decimated the enemy combatants. What do you do?

lostsole31
2021-07-21, 12:53 AM
Adowyn points at the orcs, "Leryn, attack!"

She makes sure she is battle ready and hasn't gotten lazy in the walk thus far and moves forth to strike as hard as she can while leaving it to Erastil to aid her servant in this renewed stress.SwA: Make sure she hasn't sloppily dropped out of silver crane waltz (sheet updated).
MA: Move 20' east, while drawing longsword.
SA: Use Risky Strike + Enduring Crane Strike, attack [roll0], damage [roll1].
* If successful, heal self of [roll2].

bcool999
2021-07-21, 03:29 AM
R1T19

Adowyn points at the orcs, "Leryn, attack!"

She makes sure she is battle ready and hasn't gotten lazy in the walk thus far and moves forth to strike as hard as she can while leaving it to Erastil to aid her servant in this renewed stress.

Her muttered prayers are answered as she easily strikes the downed foe for 7 damage and feels restorative energy flow through her for 4 Positive

R1T18

Leryn is prompt in his response to his command and juts forward alongside Adowyn to bite at the same for she struck again for 7 damage.

R1T16

Perwialen what do you do?

silphael
2021-07-21, 03:58 AM
Advancing to set up a melee frontline with the others, Perwialen starts raging, before trying to slash the hobgobelin in fighting condition.

Free action : enter rage.
Move action, get into melee (under the stealth wolf)
Standard action, power attack
(Or if the space available allows it, I'll charge.
[roll0] (+2 if charge)
[roll1]

bcool999
2021-07-23, 09:04 PM
R1T16

Advancing to set up a melee frontline with the others, Perwialen starts raging, before trying to slash the hobgobelin in fighting condition.

The scythe does not connect to their hobgoblin foe.

R1T15

In retaliation of the recent swing by Perwialen, the hobgoblin takes a risky swing with it's longsword. Hitting for 9 damage.

R1T14

The Bugbear, cunning yet cowardly creature that it is, steps back from Walter should he cast more heinous magics. Draws a javelin, and throws it at Adowyn who is blocking his shot to Walter! The Javelin sails harmlessly wide of Adowyn and the rest of the party.

R1T11

Beryl, Perwialen is wounded, but the many of the enemy is downed by Walter's spell and unlikely to revive in a short time (which you know from experience).